Question about Homosexuality

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  398
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

As stated earlier, there are many scriptures that highlight the Biblical prohibition on homosexual practices.  Whether or not one feels a natural need to sexually connect with a member of the same gender is irrelevant from a scriptural perspective.  Think about it this way:

We all have different personalities and the scientific evidence is that to a degree, our genetic code influences our personality (of course, how we were raised also plays a part, but that is a discussion for later).  Thus, some people are calm and mild by nature and are not given to rage, while other people work hard to calm their emotions in order to comply with scriptural mandates to "be mild of spirit" (1 Peter 3:4), etc.  Additionally, science has shown that genetics influence a proclivity to alcohol abuse and to abuse of other substances as well (in addition to family and cultural reasons as well).  Thus, if one believes that one has a genetic influence to have sexual attraction to a member of the same sex, then that is highly likely, but it still does not give divine permission to engage in homosexual practices.  

Does this mean that one who has natural tendencies toward homosexuality may need to fight against such proclivities one's entire life?  Perhaps so...just as one may need to engage in a life-time fight against substance abuse.  Happily, people can overcome these natural tendencies and lead successful lives that bring glory to God!

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  130
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

I am an Ex-Gay. I can't speak for every homosexual out there but this is may take on the subject. I have my life to Christ in 2004. In His grace and mercy He healed me from my perverse lifestyle. I now have a desire to get married. Howevet, even if I remain Single it is not a loveless existence. I have the love of Christ to sustain me. Homosexuality is not love. It is sin and it is abomination. That's what the Bible says. I am grateful to God for freeing me from this bondage.

• 9 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 4/13/2019 at 8:35 AM, Leyla said:

Why is the desire to be with the person you love or to be intimate with that person, a sin? Is homosexuality just dead weight that some people have to carry around their entire life?

Humans are not intended to have same sex relationships. We were not designed that way, if you speak to a gay person usually they have become gay because they were forced to because of bad circumstances. Who doesnt want a baby, a person that has a negative mindset, in most minds. Women and men have relationships with the opposite sex that deter them from staying straight. Being born gay is not true, but people become gay also through sexual isolation.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

On 4/13/2019 at 3:35 AM, Leyla said:

Why is the desire to be with the person you love or to be intimate with that person, a sin? Is homosexuality just dead weight that some people have to carry around their entire life?

I was a computer programmer at one point.  I created the program.  I defined how it work.  I determined how it operated. When that program didn't operate how I wanted it, I deleted it.

G-d created us.  G-d defined us.   G-d has a right to speak into our lives.

The difference between me controlling and dictating how my program works, and G-d determining how we humans work, is that I am a complete mess and I don't love my program.

G-d perfect and loves you.  He would never ask something of you that was bad for you.

He's better at this, than I am at anything.   Try and remember that G-d does not just have the right to give you rules for your life, but he also loves you, which is why he cares enough at all to give you rules.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

Homosexuality is rebellion against God. As is all sin. Lust is not love. If it’s love, no sex should be involved. Lust is just lust.