Sign in to follow this  
Leyla

Please pray so i can get along with my family

Posted (edited)

I dont get along with my family. Please pray so I can meet  them again or atleast only my older sister

Edited by Leyla
  • Praying for You! 6

Hi Leyla. I know this is a heartache for you. I just prayed for the Lord to meet this need.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

I'm sorry to read that you are having trouble getting along with your family.  Someone very close to me has had similar problems.  They grew up in an alcoholic family with many siblings (4 sisters and two brothers).  As time passed some of them grew further apart and harbored resentments and anger for the others.  All well on in years now and facing the reality of watching their mother slowly wind down in old age, they are beginning to see in some small way that life is short and we will not always have the opportunity to make amends or extend forgiveness.  I don't know what the situation is with you and your family, but try to heed Christ's teaching regarding the necessity to forgive 70 x 7, basically forgive always and subsequently leave the door to reconciliation open.  We can't always have the type of family life we'd like to have.  Sometimes others make that impossible.  Try to see the other's point of view.  If possible, try to compromise when both people have valid perspectives.  Pray for the strength to work through problems rather than walk out.  Sometimes, despite our best efforts no agreement can be reached.  At that point we can try to be as kind and loving of the other person as they will allow while not necessarily adopting their point of view.  Life gets messy.  Work to establish a personal relationship with Christ.  Talk to Him every day.  Open your heart to Him just like you would to an earthly trusted friend.  It will change your life and show you things that you could not have imagined. 

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 2

I'm pretty sure that's no fun. Praying now that God will show you through the Spirit of Truth how to proceed.ect.

• Loved it! 1

On 4/13/2019 at 9:13 AM, Leyla said:

I dont get along with my family. Please pray so I can meet  them again or atleast only my older sister

Help us all to reach into ourselves and show all how to "get along" or to "get by" or to be the first to offer an olive branch.

Even if we are met with blunt force opposition... our persistent love will prevail as you have taught us it would.

I thank you for the willingness of this lady to make peace in her troubled family. Blessed are the peacemakers. For they shall be called the children of God.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

Sign in to follow this