Is yoga demonic???

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

thank you everyone for your opinions but I will stop posting in this thread I refuse to argue on this topic,  thank you for answering my question though

Guest PinkBelt

I'll start by stating I do not practice yoga.

You are going to get a lot of answers from people who have never taken yoga or taken the time to learn the differences. There are also a healthy amount of people who think anything foreign is somehow evil.

The word "yoga" itself doesn't mean one thing and is a term for many physical disciplines that originate from India. There is a big difference between modern yoga and the kind associated with eastern religion. I assume here that you're referring to the kind taught in gyms and fitness clubs. I am a Christian and I do not endorse participating in anything pagan. I also know that many yoga schools have varying amounts of eastern religious influence from very heavy to none whatsoever. If you can find one that is the latter knock yourself out, but that can be hard to do.

People who think demons are lurking around ever corner waiting to leap into people have a very paranoid view of the world in my opinion. I certainly don't think demons need to wait for you to assume a downward dog position before they can do anything.

Edited by PinkBelt

• George changed the title to Is yoga demonic???
  • Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,738
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

I removed over 20 posts from this thread.  Personal attacks will not be tolerated in any form!   There were accusations thrown without any evidence -- this will not take place.  Let's keep it on topic.

Just for your information, I personally believe that if you have to QUESTION it -- it usually means you shouldn't do it as a general rule of thumb.  :)

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  08/11/1977

To echo what a previous user posted, I liken it to eating food sacrificed to idols. The thing that bothers me is not the physical exercise, but the "emptying of mind" or whatever the goal is. IMO, clearing the mind is akin to the Scripture talking about the man's house being clean and in order, with the expelled spirit returning with a bunch of his buddies.

Edited by Kinison
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Just to be safe I do not exercise, in any fashion, manner, or practice. I try not to cultivate discernment, awareness, self-regulation and higher consciousness within anything I do.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

I do NOT exercise......EVER!              It shows.    Lol

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  08/11/1977

43 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I do NOT exercise......EVER!              It shows.    Lol

Same here. If I tried to run, I'd be sucking wind so bad that anyone with a half mile of me would suffer from oxygen deprivation.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

On 4/16/2019 at 8:21 PM, other one said:

OK,       Devil's advocate time is over Shortangel……        to  your question I would say to you that the Practice of stretching in certain poses for fitness is not demonic.....     going to most yoga classes is at best questionable for all that I am aware of also include new age religion along with it...   Putting yourself  in these positions will not introduce you to demonic spirits....   depending on where you do it and who with.

th.jpg

hatha-yoga-poses-for-beginners_12.jpg

These exercises will strengthen your body and teach you balance so you would be less likely to fall when you get older....    but if you go to a class given by a new age preacher it will put you in a place to get visits from entities that you really don't want to deal with.

But the problem is you can get that same information from all kinds of TV  shows....  Opera is an example of this.....   watching Opera Winfrey will instruct you how to channel demonic entities.....   Most Yoga "classes" will do the same.....   however your OP asks if the stretching exercises will introduce you to demons and I say no.....   but the organized classes for the most part will and that should always be discussed when this subject comes up.

Chanting the names of false gods while stretching will do it, though, as will focusing on the kundalini energy of the SERPENT at the base of one's spine...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,866
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, Billiards Ball said:

Chanting the names of false gods while stretching will do it, though, as will focusing on the kundalini energy of the SERPENT at the base of one's spine...

that is not what the OP covers....    that would only happen if you were attending a yoga class with a new age instructor and obviously that would not be something a Christian would do.

Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

46 minutes ago, other one said:

that is not what the OP covers....    that would only happen if you were attending a yoga class with a new age instructor and obviously that would not be something a Christian would do.

Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

My comment refers to yoga classes in general (which are growing at an astonishingly rapid rate nationwide, here in the U.S.). I bet people interested in yoga who are not the OP will find this thread... and it's not obvious to all Christians that certain parts of the yoga system are evil--which is why the OP and other people's questions exist.