• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.82
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, Willa said:

Some people also believe that they are the center of the universe.  Hummm.:whistling:

He must be a legend in his own mind  :D 

• Haha 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  137
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  05/27/1943

Speaking as a physicist (retired) no one really knows where the centre of the physical universe is located. It may even be that there is no centre of the universe.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  235
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,733
  • Content Per Day:  3.23
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

25 minutes ago, Takoda said:

Speaking as a physicist (retired) no one really knows where the centre of the physical universe is located. It may even be that there is no centre of the universe.

Yes, and then the questions "What is the Universe in?" and "What is the midpoint of infinity?", further add to the discussion. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I don't think the article in question is really saying what you think it is saying. The story itself focused around the measurement of the Hubble constant which is used in measurements of the rate of expansion of the universe. If you want to discuss what the "center" of the universe is, I think the correct way of describing the results is that the "center" of the observable universe is the observer. This is because, according to cosmological models, the universe is expanding and due to the constancy of the speed of light in a vacuum (c) in combination with this expansion there is a light horizon per se. As any observer anywhere cannot see beyond this light horizon each observer is the center of that section of the universe they happen to be observing.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  342
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,382
  • Content Per Day:  2.71
  • Days Won:  1

On 4/13/2019 at 5:04 PM, melodyfire said:

When the WMAP Satellite finished mapping the universe scientists thought something was wrong with the data, and dozens of astrophysicists and cosmologists split into several independent teams; each team launched its own mapping satellite; each satellite different from the others. It has taken at least 20 years to finish, and  all data confirms what they could not believe before. 

Now it's official that the whole universe has been found and is the shape of a sphere. It measures the same distance from earth in every direction, which means that the earth is located at the very center of the universe. 

Included are the final results of more than 60 years of similar research. And more than a thousand scientists recently signed an open statement abandoning Darwinism. 

There are Christians in the science community involved in these findings, but the majority are staunch life-long Atheists. Several have stated that they cannot deny the evidence that an intelligent agent which exists outside of time and space as we know it is responsible for the existence of the universe and life on Earth.

See 6df image here:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/07/110726101719.htm

Surprise, surprise, surprise! The same thing has been found with DNA; that it is so complex it's impossible for it to have evolved and had to be designed. Now another new theory has been offered not to give God the praise, honor and glory; panspermia. But I'm not going to derail your thread and chase rabbit holes. 

It all makes perfect sense. I really didn't need modern science to validate our uniqueness. The Bible is also a science book that covers everything from hydrology, the three heavens to the earths shape. It makes perfect and logical sense in scripture; Israel in general and Jerusalem in particular are the center of the earth and most likely the exact center of the universe.

Romans 1:20 (KJV) For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

It all makes perfect sense. I really didn't need modern science to validate our uniqueness. The Bible is also a science book that covers everything from hydrology, the three heavens to the earths shape. It makes perfect and logical sense in scripture; Israel in general and Jerusalem in particular are the center of the earth and most likely the exact center of the universe.

Christ is the alpha and omega, the beginning and the end. What does that tell us about the centre?

5 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Christ is the alpha and omega, the beginning and the end. What does that tell us about the centre?

Well, I was speaking of God's visible creation. Who would dispute "Christ" is the center of everything. :amen:

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Well, I was speaking of God's visible creation. Who would dispute "Christ" is the center of everything. :amen:

Yes, funny where discussions lead.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.82

15 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Surprise, surprise, surprise! The same thing has been found with DNA; that it is so complex it's impossible for it to have evolved and had to be designed. Now another new theory has been offered not to give God the praise, honor and glory; panspermia. But I'm not going to derail your thread and chase rabbit holes. 

Romans 1:20 (KJV) For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

We should not think of ourselves more highly than we ought.  They talk about a big bang because of a lack saying it. What it means is that at the beginning which is a pinpoint of every visible thing was set in motion spreading outward from nothing. and moving at the speed of light.   Would you explain to me how the earth is the center of the universe and all mass came from it.  Man can be quite arrogant. You can say that it is the center of all we can visibly see. We have a sun with which is the center of our particular solar system and the earth is not the center of it.  Romans 1: 20 is not talking about the center of creation, but it is saying that all we can see is there by divine power.  

8 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

Would you explain to me how the earth is the center of the universe and all mass came from it.

No thanks, I wouldn't waste my cyber ink.