• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

When we repent of our sin, the Lord forgives us. We might still have scary thoughts, but when we think about it, the scary thoughts have no basis in reality, do they?

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

johnthebaptist that's a very good point,  we might repent of a sin & still have doubts but Jesus blood cleanses us from every sin

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

When we repent of our sin, the Lord forgives us. We might still have scary thoughts, but when we think about it, the scary thoughts have no basis in reality, do they?

No, they are only thoughts. Pray and genuinely give your heart, your mind and your body to God. Pray and tell him that these thoughts are troubling you. When we ask for forgiveness of our sins we need to forgive ourselves as well. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

1Jn 1:9  If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

He stalks you like a roaring lion because he seeks to scare you and unsettle your faith.  Get ahold of your scriptures like you did and trust in them.  Memorize them. God can't lie and satan is the father of lies.  So just don't believe him.  Jesus gave him a fatal wound at the cross by destroying his power over death.  Jesus arose from the grave! He lives and sits at the right hand of God praying for you.  

1Pe 5:6 NKJV Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,  1Pe 5:7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.

1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.  1Pe 5:9  Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world.  1Pe 5:10 But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.  1Pe 5:11 To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Heb 2:14 Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil,  Heb 2:15 and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

1Pe 1:3  Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 1Pe 1:4  to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you,1Pe 1:5  who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. 1Pe 1:6  In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, 1Pe 1:7  that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ,

Rom 8:31  What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?  Rom 8:32  He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? Rom 8:33  Who shall bring a charge against God's elect? It isGod who justifies. Rom 8:34  Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.

Rom 8:35  Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? Rom 8:36  As it is written: "FOR YOUR SAKE WE ARE KILLED ALL DAY LONG; WE ARE ACCOUNTED AS SHEEP FOR THE SLAUGHTER." Rom 8:37  Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. Rom 8:38  For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, Rom 8:39  nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

18 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

It depends what these scary thoughts are, whether or not they have a basis in reality. If you mean thoughts like, you aren't saved, God could never forgive a wretch like you, your sin is too big for God tuff-break, none of these are true as long as your repentance was from your heart.  I know none of us have changed a great deal the next day after we accepted the Lord. Some folks are lucky and see several important changes, but most of us don't. I personally saw only one real big sin leave immediately. The majority of them went over time and usually I have to put effort in. Therefore, if we are truly sorry when we repent God knows this and He also knows sins will fade in time. If salvation is real sinning now makes us feel bad. A certain sin may still be fun but now we don't feel right after enjoying it. Over time, this causes us to do it less. With a little help from the Holy Spirit that sin eventually goes. But the devil will use that sin to make you feel you didn't really repent. Only you know if you were sincere. If you were, and now you confess to God that you messed up, He will forgive you. Try rebuking the spirit of fear, of scary thoughts. I heard a preacher say this, he considers those thoughts to be associated with an unclean spirit. I honestly can't say but I've had some success rebuking the spirit of fear.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/14/1970

19 hours ago, shortangel said:

johnthebaptist that's a very good point,  we might repent of a sin & still have doubts but Jesus blood cleanses us from every sin

1st John 1:9 says If we confess our sins,he is faithful and just to forgive ud our sins,and to cleanse  us frpm all unrightousness.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

19 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

"the scary thoughts have no basis in reality, do they"?
Scary thoughts = false data.  Not truth- darkness-not light

Willa has given the;   
"thy word have I hid in my heart"    perfect scriptural answer.

To add:

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is,
and that
HE is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him (as you're doing, John)
This faith comes by hearing. The word. (Truth)

1 John, 1,5  This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you,
that God is light, and in him is
no darkness at all.
God does not lie, not even a shadow of doubt.

ALL His promises are true..............(see above)

All day long, I'm quoting God's  (faithful)  forgiveness, when I miss His mark (sin).
The vast majority of marks (targets) missed (sin), occur in my mind (thinking)
My inherited mind had been corrupted in the garden, but as a believer,
I have become a new creature.
I live, but not I, but Christ in me.
I continually reprogram my infected (false data-darkness)) mind  with TRUTH (true data-light)
Garbage in-garbage out.
Light in-darkness out!
The word--HE is faithful-and just-to forgive-when we confess! (true data)

The tables have been changed.  Calvary   The enemy has been defeated. (truth)
Every sin (mark/target missed) has
BEEN PAID FOR! (truth)  Thank You Lord.......
By our Savior.  and amen........

The tiniest bit of faith shown, in those overwhelming trials, and the armies of God are rushing in...........
For those who call upon the name of  JESUS

"Prayer is not overcoming God's reluctance
   It is laying hold on His WILLINGNESS!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

,We need to learn to have faith over fear. If you have prayed for forgiveness and meant it you are forgiven. He invites us to come to the throne room of grace 

Hebrews 4:14-16 King James Version (KJV)

14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

He knows our weakness Don't let satan rob you of your peace. We struggle with this. May the Lord strengthen you because the devil is like a roaring Lion seeking whom he can devour. put on the whole armor of God 

Edited by Mike Mclees

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

23 minutes ago, pinacled said:

Not murder

Yes murder too. Apparently you don't understand repentance. This is all too common today. God will forgive the murder and not hold it against you if you repented. This doesn't mean He will save you from the earthly consequences including feeling guilty the rest of your life. In the case of murder God might also demand you turn yourself in. He may not if doing so will cause more pain to more people, that's His decision. Of course, once you repent of murder you can never do it again, at least not many times. But murder is somewhat different from most sins.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

28 minutes ago, pinacled said:

Its the unforgivable which makes it very much different.

Moses was a murderer when they cast him out of  Egypt Still he was Gods chosen to lead the Israelites out of bondage. If God could forgive Moses He can forgive you. Im not any murderer but I came out of darkness. Yet the harm I did was with me for a very long time. As David  prayed,  My sins are ever before me. He also said "God does not want burnt offerings but a Broken and contrite heart God will not despise". Psalm 51

David was still a great king  

Peace 

Edited by Mike Mclees
  • Thumbs Up 2