• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  237
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,773
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

My fellowship preference is for mutually comforting faith among those who have "a yearning to fellowship with those of like faith, in order to liberally share something given freely by the Holy Spirit to reinforce them."

Rom 1:11-12
(11)  For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established;
(12)  That is, that I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me.

This preference for mutually comforting faith is both a deal maker and a deal breaker when it comes to my fellowshipping decisions. For something to be mutual there must be some reciprocity, or beneficial exchange between those concerned. If there is no comforting cooperation and participation from those I am assembling with for edification I soon part company with them, as Paul did with those who refuted his preaching in the synagogue at Corinth.

Act 18:4-7
(4)  And he reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks.
(5)  And when Silas and Timotheus were come from Macedonia, Paul was pressed in the spirit, and testified to the Jews that Jesus was Christ.
(6)  And when they opposed him, and blasphemed, he shook his raiment, and said unto them, Your blood be upon your own heads; I am clean: from henceforth I will go unto the Gentiles.
(7)  And he departed thence, and entered into a certain man's house, named Justus, one that worshipped God, whose house joined hard to the synagogue.

Rather than forsake assembling anywhere with anyone because of a Scripture-based fellowship preference mature Christians prayerfully seek out like-minded companions who encourage one another and form supportive relationships.

Heb 10:23-25

(23) Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.

(24) And let us consider one another for the stirring up of love and of good works,

(25) not forsaking the assembling of ourselves, just as is the custom for some, but exhorting one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.

I hope your fellowship preference is among those who share mutually comforting faith in Christ.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

I prefer a church where there is sound teaching of God's word.  Preferably they go through a book of the Bible verse by verse.  From the moment I turned to God for forgiveness I have been hungry for His word.  Secondly I love to praise and worship God with hymns and songs of praise.  

Psa 111:1  Praise the LORD! I will praise the LORD with mywhole heart, In the assembly of the upright and in the congregation.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

14 minutes ago, Willa said:

I prefer a church where there is sound teaching of God's word.  Preferably they go through a book of the Bible verse by verse.  From the moment I turned to God for forgiveness I have been hungry for His word.  Secondly I love to praise and worship God with hymns and songs of praise.  

Psa 111:1  Praise the LORD! I will praise the LORD with mywhole heart, In the assembly of the upright and in the congregation.

Yes, that sound teaching of the Word is essential. You are able to comfort and edify others in the body of Christ when you have been comforted and edified yourself. Songs and hymns lift us up also.

1Th 5:11 Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

me & my dad went to a Commanity church this Palm Sunday we felt very comfortable there,  they teach the Bible & reaching the lost for Jesus & Christian stewardship & Discipleship ,  we are attending again on Easter Sunday

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I like a great worship service which I've only seen once. This 1 church used an over-head projector to put the words to the simple songs we sung over the pulpit where all could see them. By doing this we all could sing the song. It worked. Almost everyone stood up, many danced in their seats, several brought tambourines or little drums. I've never seen such anointed services like those because every member of the congregation was involved. I guess the Lord does indeed inhabit the praises of His people. It felt very real during those services. My 2nd choice is a group that stays afterwards to talk and have coffee. What's valuable are people who relate honestly with each other.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

I enjoy fellowship in a few ways. Of course in my church with my church family learning more of God's word. I also enjoy our potlucks where we can share our lives together. Odd as it may seem to some of you I also enjoy time with non-believers discussing/debating my Christian faith, after all they are God's children as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

On 14 April 2019 at 8:09 AM, Michael37 said:

Yes, that sound teaching of the Word is essential. You are able to comfort and edify others in the body of Christ when you have been comforted and edified yourself. Songs and hymns lift us up also.

1Th 5:11 Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing.

And what about rebuking and discipline.

As proverbs says, ' Faithful are the wounds from a friend.'

All to often Christians leave the churches where their behaviour is challenged by sound preaching and their guilty conscience.

• Brilliant! 1

15 hours ago, Who me said:

And what about rebuking and discipline.

As proverbs says, ' Faithful are the wounds from a friend.'

All to often Christians leave the churches where their behaviour is challenged by sound preaching and their guilty conscience. 

Well there is a story about a christian man marooned all by himself on a deserted island after his ship sank and no-one but he survived. It was 15 years before help arrived, and his rescuers were curious about two crudely fashioned church shaped buildings at opposite ends of the island. The castaway explained while pointing, "The building at that end is the church I built first after I was stranded here, and the one at the other end is the church I built after I had to leave the first one." 

The point is people will use any excuse to leave an ekklesia if they are not being edified and comforted. Unfortunately institutional abuses persist giving good cause for discontent, but God is faithful and makes a way out when testings become too much  

1Co 10:11-15

(11) Now all these things happened to those people as examples, and they were written for our instruction, to whom the ends of the ages have come.(12) So then, let him who thinks he stands take heed, lest he should fall!(13) No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not permit you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation, He will also make the way out, so as for you to be able to bear it.(14) Wherefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry.(15) I speak as to wise men; judge for yourselves what I say.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

On 16 April 2019 at 10:08 AM, Michael37 said:

The point is people will use any excuse to leave an ekklesia if they are not being edified and comforted. Unfortunately institutional abuses persist giving good cause for discontent, but God is faithful and makes a way out when testings become too much

1Co 10:11-15

(11) Now all these things happened to those people as examples, and they were written for our instruction, to whom the ends of the ages have come.(12) So then, let him who thinks he stands take heed, lest he should fall!(13) No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not permit you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation, He will also make the way out, so as for you to be able to bear it.(14) Wherefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry.(15) I speak as to wise men; judge for yourselves what I say.

Those verses are about temptation not about an abusive church leadership.

If one is in a church like that, one should talk to the leadership and if they won't listen, leave that church.

It is unlikely that an abusive minister will have the humility to preach a gospel message that challenges himself as well as his congragation.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

this Easter Sunday we are attending a Commanity church that we attended last Sunday,  we are looking forward to attending the Easter service :)