• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  344
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

15 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

Not what I was expecting...but thank you very much for sharing with me.   d

What were you expecting? He was as I saw him; his clothing which was a colorful layered robe, but shining. M.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.65

5 hours ago, Marlene S said:

What were you expecting? He was as I saw him; his clothing which was a colorful layered robe, but shining. M.

I was expecting him to be in an incorruptible body, one that doesn't age,  so the age of a young man (as all the angels have been described as being) and not as he was while he walked on earth.  Just wondering if it was a dream of prophecy or a dream of what you imagined was happening in the bible times.  I hope I didn't offend as that was not my intent.  I should have been more upfront with what I was expecting instead of leaving you wondering.  Please accept my apology....d

5 hours ago, Josheb said:

Great post. 

However, I wonder why the following was not included. 

1 Peter 2:9-10
"But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God's own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light for you once were not a people, but now you are the people of God; you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy."

This verse is worded in present-tense language, indicating we are, not just will be. We needn't wait to walk in our royalty. 

1 Peter 2:11-12
"Beloved, I urge you as aliens and strangers to abstain from fleshly lusts which wage war against the soul.  Keep your behavior excellent among the Gentiles, so that in the thing in which they slander you as evildoers, they may because of your good deeds, as they observe them, glorify God in the day of visitation." 

And while I assume this next sentence is not the intent of the op, given its opening statements I think my next words warrants saying: The Church is not divided because the world is divided. It's the other way around. The world is divided because the Church is divided. If and when we act more like the royal priests we are, abstaining from lusts and setting the example, walking humbly with God, and not acting like we have to wait on everything then the world will look much different and the hope and encouragement this op seeks to offer will be routine. 

So let me encourage everyone to act like these verses are actually true. 

Matthew 5:13-16
"You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt has become tasteless, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled under foot by men.  "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house.  "Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven."

2 Corinthians 4:5-6
"For we do not preach ourselves but Christ Jesus as Lord, and ourselves as your bond-servants for Jesus' sake.  For God, who said, "Light shall shine out of darkness," is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ." 

Whichever scripture to which your mind might wander today, ask yourself, "Do I really believe this to be so?

An amill belief?  What if those are just the possibilities FOR ALL, true for some and will end up not being true for others?  Is there any 'time' after the Christ rose or do you see it as the two realms meshed at that point?  A different way are we now living in both the unseen and the seen realms and are only aware of the one?  Do you see yourself as both here on earth and in heaven right now as in alive and walking and not knowing the future while at the same time dead and risen and knowing everything but not able to access it?  

How do these verses fit in or What do these verses mean to the Amil belief?  

Hebrews 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, 5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, 6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. 7 For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God 8 But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned. 9 But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak. 10 For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister. 11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end  12 That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

It just seems that what is to be of faith is taken as already accomplished and something already accomplished doesn't require any faith at all.   Do you see what I mean?  

Or are you just saying it more by the way of this outlook

Philippians 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

d

13 minutes ago, Josheb said:

What if elves riding purple bananas flew out of my nostrils? 

Read through these posts and what you can remember of all our conversations in the Prophesy and Eschatology boards because the first question has been answered more times than I can recall: Jesus was king of Israel before Calvary, the kingdom of God had already come to earth, he did not stop being king when he ascended, the kingdom did not leave with him, his is all power, authority, rule, and name above all others, and because he is God there has never been nor ever will be any time or place when/where Jesus is not king. 

That question has been answered so many times it should not be asked again.

I'll answer the other two questions when I have time, but you know my first reply will be: What does the New Testament say? because wherever possible I'll base what I post as firmly as possible in what is plainly stated as written in scripture without further addition of subtraction, and I will do so based on that I said in the paragraph above because every single one of those points is explicitly stated in the NT. 

If I am being asked these questions because the Amillennial eschatology is not known, then I recommend the reading of the books I have often recommended:

"Four Views on the Meaning of the Millenium," edited by Robert Clouse (nice introductory work surveying the various povs)
"The Bible and the Future," by Anthony Hoekema
"A Case for Amillennialism," by Kim Riddlebarger (the best place to start, imo)
"A Case for Historic Premillennialism," by Craig Blomberg and Sung Wook Chung
"The Blessed Hope," by George Eldon Ladd
"Before Jerusalem Fell," by Kenneth Gentry
"Postmillennialism," by Keith Mathison 
"Last Days Madness" by Gary Demar (an unkind examination of Darbyism that is worth reading despite its polemic nature) 

R. C. Sproul's book and/or video series titled "The Last Days According to Jesus," is also very good, and respectful. Vids are available on YouTube. 

YES ISRAEL, but HE will be KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS, that is all the kingdoms of the world.  THERE will be no other that is NOT UNDER HIS COMMAND.   

16 minutes ago, Josheb said:

What if elves riding purple bananas flew out of my nostrils? 

Read through these posts and what you can remember of all our conversations in the Prophesy and Eschatology boards because the first question has been answered more times than I can recall: Jesus was king of Israel before Calvary, the kingdom of God had already come to earth, he did not stop being king when he ascended, the kingdom did not leave with him, his is all power, authority, rule, and name above all others, and because he is God there has never been nor ever will be any time or place when/where Jesus is not king. 

That question has been answered so many times it should not be asked again.

I'll answer the other two questions when I have time, but you know my first reply will be: What does the New Testament say? because wherever possible I'll base what I post as firmly as possible in what is plainly stated as written in scripture without further addition of subtraction, and I will do so based on that I said in the paragraph above because every single one of those points is explicitly stated in the NT. 

If I am being asked these questions because the Amillennial eschatology is not known, then I recommend the reading of the books I have often recommended:

"Four Views on the Meaning of the Millenium," edited by Robert Clouse (nice introductory work surveying the various povs)
"The Bible and the Future," by Anthony Hoekema
"A Case for Amillennialism," by Kim Riddlebarger (the best place to start, imo)
"A Case for Historic Premillennialism," by Craig Blomberg and Sung Wook Chung
"The Blessed Hope," by George Eldon Ladd
"Before Jerusalem Fell," by Kenneth Gentry
"Postmillennialism," by Keith Mathison 
"Last Days Madness" by Gary Demar (an unkind examination of Darbyism that is worth reading despite its polemic nature) 

R. C. Sproul's book and/or video series titled "The Last Days According to Jesus," is also very good, and respectful. Vids are available on YouTube. 

Is it that hard to explain?  Do all amils believe exactly as you do?  Is there a place where you have ever laid it out before that I could just look up?  I am not going to go read all those books if it leaves me unable to put it forth what I am asking you so I feel that would be a waste of time.   d

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

On 12/6/2021 at 12:28 PM, Marlene S said:

Not much more details. I went to bed and then I found myself in a big open area, felt like being inside of a dark stadium or perhaps in a valley, there seemed to be wall or hills surrounding, but I could not see it... too dark, but I could feel it.

The clouds above were dark but I could see the silhouettes moving across the sky, very, very low cloud cover.

As I looked up at the clouds, there appeared a contained spot-light in the cloud, which seemed to be shining from behind and above the clouds. The light spot began to grow bigger as if whatever was behind it was drawing nearer. The clouds lit up and then it was as if someone stuck a finger through the cloud and that caused a bright light to shine down to the ground about thirty feet from where I stood.  

I then saw a man descending in the light and he ended up right in front of me, facing me but a little to my right side. He was about my height, maybe a bit shorter, I am  five-ten. He was about seventy years old, maybe sixty. He did look a bit old. He had a beard and was dressed in garb that was blue and purple and white, mostly blue, a light blue.

He looked at me and said: I am Elijah the Prophet, and I know your name. He then turned and walked away in front of me and disappeared into the darkness. Then I woke up and I was a little freaked out. I remember thinking: What! I am dreaming about prophets now? I turned on my light and grabbed my Bible which was there next to my bed and I read all I could find about Elijah the Prophet. I read for a couple of hours, because when I was satisfied I had read all there was to read, I closed my Bible turned off the light and went right back to sleep.

That is when I found myself in the same place as before with Elijah, and the same lighted clouds, but this time it was Christ Jesus. He wore a shining white robe and he was fleshly, but his face was shining. I saw our Lord another time where He looked the same. He looked Human, but shining. So was the Angel. She looked Human, but was shining in white light.

I do believe that I will be here till the Last day when our LORD and KING appears. I pray that I am, because personally, this may sound weird, but I do not want to die in this world. Perhaps I will, but surviving this place and seeing our LORD appearing in the clouds, this is what my heart desires; and I think it would be an incredible feat to survive the Tribulation and the Wrath, and still be alive and remain... be one of those who will not experience death... if it is the Father's will. 

Peace and Love in Christ Jesus. M.

All of the Hebrew or God's angels are male.  Pagan angels such as the Roman mythology are female or babies.  

1 hour ago, Josheb said:

Amillennialists believe the mention of the "thousand years" is not literal.

How is THAT not possible when everything else must be? 

Who decided THOSE MOST SPECIFIC WORDS REPEATED IN DIFFERENT WAYS weren't meant as THEY WERE WRITTEN?  ISN'T THAT THE VERY THING YOU PREACH OVER AND OVER?

Convenience for the theory?  Makes no sense. 

Well, that's about all I can do awhile....maybe catch you again someday...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I consider the spiritual blessings of Ephesians 1 to be our true heritage.  

Eph 1:3  Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,

Eph 1:4  just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love,

Eph 1:5  having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,

Eph 1:6  to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.

Eph 1:7  In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace

Eph 1:8  which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence,

Eph 1:9  having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself,

Eph 1:10  that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth—in Him.

Eph 1:11  In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will,

Eph 1:12  that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.

Eph 1:13  In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,

Eph 1:14  who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member

4 hours ago, Willa said:

All of the Hebrew or God's angels are male.  Pagan angels such as the Roman mythology are female or babies.  

God did tell us that He would assign us Angels; I was just very blessed to see mine, and I know I do have an Angel.

Humans do have Angels who protect them, and it doesn't change that truth, even if you have not found the knowledge of this or have received the understanding of these things, Angels do protect us.

I will tell you that the sons of God, who will rule with Him and have judgment over the Fallen Ones when He appears on the Last Day, these are Human Angels, conceived in Human Souls in this world by means of the Word of God, these ones are Angels of Light and they are not found in Roman myths, are not females, neither are they babies; these are the sons of the Living Father, who is Christ. 

These Mighty Human Angels are the image of the Human Being in whom they are conceived and these Angels are conceived from the Light-seed planted in every Human by the WORD, who is the LIGHT of the world. Inside every Human who enters this world, a seed of the WORD is planted, which is actually the Human Mind.

These sons are hundreds of feet tall!

I believe that these ones will return with our LORD and KING on the Last Day and He will send them throughout the four corners of the Earth to gather His Elect- those who are alive and remain. Then the sons who are spiritual and made of Light will join together with the Souls of the Elect who remain in  Earth to become a full and complete son of the Living Father. These are the kings and priests and princes who will rule with Christ and sentence the Evil Ones when He appears with His Army and His Kingdom at the end of this Age. 

I have an Angel dressed in full Armor who protects me and I always remember to pray for her, because I know she has a lot to defend. Do you know for certain if you have angelic protection? You should pray about that.

Various seeds bringing forth a variety of fruits, some thirty fold, some sixty and some one hundred fold.

Many are called, few are chosen.

Peace to you in Christ, M.

Edited by Marlene S

• Group:  Advanced Member

18 hours ago, Josheb said:

Great post. 

However, I wonder why the following was not included. 

1 Peter 2:9-10
"But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God's own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light for you once were not a people, but now you are the people of God; you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy."

This verse is worded in present-tense language, indicating we are, not just will be. We needn't wait to walk in our royalty. 

1 Peter 2:11-12
"Beloved, I urge you as aliens and strangers to abstain from fleshly lusts which wage war against the soul.  Keep your behavior excellent among the Gentiles, so that in the thing in which they slander you as evildoers, they may because of your good deeds, as they observe them, glorify God in the day of visitation." 

And while I assume this next sentence is not the intent of the op, given its opening statements I think my next words warrants saying: The Church is not divided because the world is divided. It's the other way around. The world is divided because the Church is divided. If and when we act more like the royal priests we are, abstaining from lusts and setting the example, walking humbly with God, and not acting like we have to wait on everything then the world will look much different and the hope and encouragement this op seeks to offer will be routine. 

So let me encourage everyone to act like these verses are actually true. 

Matthew 5:13-16
"You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt has become tasteless, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled under foot by men.  "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house.  "Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven."

2 Corinthians 4:5-6
"For we do not preach ourselves but Christ Jesus as Lord, and ourselves as your bond-servants for Jesus' sake.  For God, who said, "Light shall shine out of darkness," is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ." 

Whichever scripture to which your mind might wander today, ask yourself, "Do I really believe this to be so?

Thank you for your reply. I agree with you wholeheartedly when you say we have to 'believe that the words are actually true', however we do already believe the words and what we do not do is 'try the words'.

Forty years ago I was in a desperate state needing answers that only God could provide and even though I left the RC Church, I did not leave my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I did not know Him as a friend/ personally, but I believed all the things I learned as a Catholic kid.

When I found myself alone in this world looking for answers, I remembered one verse from the Bible that I had learned, and that was when Jesus told us to ask and we will receive, to seek and you shall find and to knock and it will be opened to you. 

I took Him up on His word and I began my seeking  and asking and knocking, and from my experience, He is really Faithful and True. I know who I am in Christ and because I seek and find and study and pray, the words of Scriptures have actually come to life and I experience the things that are written in knowledge. 

The words of the Gospel of Jesus Christ are alive and they feed you and cause you to grow in the word and the Lord does live with us, so why is it not reasonable to accept that those who are close to Him, will see Him.

Happy are the pure in heart for they shall see God.

Thank you for the verses, they are very supporting and we do need to strengthen each other, especially in this time.

There is a way I walk along with my Lord and He takes care of me and reveals things to me, especially when I pray earnestly for the hidden things to be revealed. I love my LORD and I know He loves me.

You do have to visualize the gifts you desire to receive. You do become what you believe. Believe in the highest possible state a Human can achieve, which is Perfection, then find the knowledge of this way, which does exist and make it happen. That is what I do, and I have great experiences; the gospel is alive in my walk. 

So many of the ones written in the words of the Bible I have seen... why? I do have an idea, but only God truly knows and only time will tell.

Peace and Love to you in Christ Jesus. M.

Edited by Marlene S