turtletwo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

:th_wave: Greetings, Worthy fam. I have been thinking lately about all the scripture that indicates the importance of praise to the Lord. The Psalms come to mind right away. I ran across an article I wanted to share. I thought perhaps it could prompt a discussion about praise.

It seems to me to be from a Bible Study from a pastor in Ireland. This makes it too lengthy to post all at once. So I thought I would paste it in sections. That way it will be more reader-friendly. And make for better discussion in your replies.

Note: @frienduff thaylorde Thanks for being consistently 'praiseful.' Your attitude has rubbed off on me (contagious...in a good  way lol:D.) I find myself "lifting my hands up and praising the Lord" more than ever with your words ringing in my ears. So this topic is posted with a special 'shout out' to you, brother.

What IS The Sacrifice of Praise?

Oh That We Praised God More!

Hebrews 13:15

Nov 4, 2012 AM

Pastor Craig Ledbetter

Bible Baptist Church, Ballincollig, Cork, Ireland

www.biblebc.com

I.       Introduction (Psalm 107:8)

A.    Oh how we NEED to praise God!

1.      Today, it almost has no meaning

2.      But David repeats himself 4 times in Psalm 107, “Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!

3.      For His goodness, and for all His wonderful works that he does to the children of men!

4.      Yes there will be trials, and afflictions, wrongs in life, in government, in the economy

5.      But it is more important to praise God than complain

6.      There is something marvellous that happens to every Christian when they live a life of praise towards God!

B.     But it is hard! It is HARD to constantly have a praising attitude (a worshipful attitude) about things in life

1.      We have been conditioned to think “all is wrong” – about ourselves, about our mates, about our jobs, about our economy

2.      We are FAULT-FINDERS today!

3.      To most people, including believers, life just stinks!

4.      We have experienced so many wrongs in our lives, and disasters and even abuses that it is just plain HARD to generally have a good attitude… to go out of our way, and praise God and be thankful for the things in our lives, like we should

5.      But oh how we need to praise God anyway!

C.     What does it mean to Praise God?

1.      To applaud God

2.      To get excited about God, to rejoice in what He is doing

3.      It is honouring, magnifying the goodness and accomplishments of God

a.       Like when you praise your children for their efforts or accomplishments

b.      Like when you praise your husband for his hard work and faithfulness

c.       Like when you praise your wife for her virtue and hard work for your family

4.      Praise is when we give recognition to God for what he has done

5.      It is when we express warm approval or admiration of God – just like a rousing applause

a.       When we stand and applaud the performance of some musician …

b.      When we bolt out of our seats at a stadium because of the success of some athlete…

c.       When we shout with excitement at the graduation of our son or daughter

d.      We are PRAISING them!

e.       Well… Do we ever applaud God? We should!

D.    This month, we will focus our attention on learning how to praise God more than we do, and learn how to do it better than we currently do!

E.     Believe me, praise won’t be easy! That’s why it is called “the sacrifice of praise”`

II.    Message – What IS the Sacrifice of Praise? (Hebrews 13:15)

A.    Praise is Our Gift to God (Psalm 54:6)

1.      It is not a sacrifice for sins (that was Jesus), but a sacrifice of praise!

2.      Praise is Because of Him - Jesus

3.      It is a Free-Will GIFT to God, just because of who He is

4.      God cannot command us to sacrifice our praise, or else it wouldn’t be praise

5.      This is OUR chance to give back to God something of great value… our applause, by our own choice!

a.       Some TV shows used to have live audiences

b.      And there was a man in the front facing the audience, telling them when to laugh, or applaud

c.       But there is no one telling us to praise God – it must come from ourselves! As a gift

6.      It is our gift back to God for some very good reasons!

7.      Why should we praise God?

a.       Because He Saved us (Ps 118:21) I will praise thee: for thou art become my salvation.”

b.      Because He is OUR God (Ps 118:28) Thou art my God, and I will praise thee

c.       Because He made you and me – with no mistakes (Ps 139:14) fearfully, wonderfully

d.      Because He is all wise – He knows what He is doing (Romans 16:27) God only wise

e.       Because of His Promises that He written down, and that He cannot break (Ps 56:4) In God I will praise his word…; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me

f.       Because He only does amazing things (Isa 25:1; Ps 72:18) – He cannot do less than perfect! Blessed be the LORD God, the God of Israel, who only doeth wondrous things.”

8.      It will be often be a sacrifice to praise God. But if you do it of your own free-will, it is of priceless value to Him!

• Praise God! 4

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1200383571_praisefrtyhryt.JPG.c257b94dd5526d702ada41b2afdcebd5.JPG

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

50 minutes ago, Sower said:

1200383571_praisefrtyhryt.JPG.c257b94dd5526d702ada41b2afdcebd5.JPG

Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that openly profess his name. (Hebrews 13:5)

@Sower :)Thanks, Gary. Nice one! It is the perfect picture for this thread.

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

You are loved swidl .    OH their is good reason why PRAISE is on my heart .

And before I do tell,  let us know all that I know came by Grace .  SO YEAH its TIME TO PRAISE THE LORD .   You better believe it .   OH let every hand be raised and songs of praise be praised to HE alone who has saved us and can keep us from falling .

Its real simple why I often praise the LORD and REJOICE in HIS SALVATION as I await the coming of the LORD .

Because I have ALL HOPE .   And this hope does not wane during the loss of things , nor will it wane during persecution or even great persecution .

Because to lose all for the LORD is only gain .   When a man has hope and I mean REAL HOPE which is INCHRIST , because it is CHRIST is their hope

then it flat out wont matter what comes against us .  

The why behind the praise is because I want us to imagine this too .  Imagine if you were the worst of many ,   Imagine if all you did was earn death and the lake of fire .

THEN imagine if IN MERCY GOD SENT grace to you , WHILE an enemy , and drew you to CHRIST and gave you total forgivenss , FOR HIS SAKE , for what CHRIST DID .

THAT REJOICES THE SOUL .  tis like king david once said , THE JOY of the LORD is my STRENGTH .   And guess what , the salvation of the LORD is MY JOY .

But its also why many see me turn on a dime when I see that total wicked demonic satanic mindset of all inclusive dung getting sold by so many .

I had rather be dead than sit under ROME or any who do teach a lie .    What else gives me joy , WHEN I SEE SISTERS or others LIKE YOU who walk in the truth .

THAT rejoices my soul too .  Its like JOHN once said , greater joy has he not than to see his brethren or children walkng IN TRUTH and paul echoed this too .

BUT its also why on a turn of a dime , when I error , ALARM BELLS RING and I begin to sound out warnings .

It matters not what this world thinks or does to me , I GOT ALL HOPE .   what matters is simply this , whether I live or die , may I honor HE who has saved me

and MAY at least some have heard truth and repented and heard the gospel and came .   it matters not how many hate and despise me , I ONLY DESIRE LIFE FOR THEM.

But their will be no life for those who sit under another fake false all inclusive go spell , their will be no life to those who rejected the TRUE CHRIST and sat under a false one .

And that worries me big time for so many .  SO it appears the more I love the less I am loved , YET I say TO THE LORD be all glory and I pray only forgivness to those who hate me .

BUT let us all here on worthy hear this next statement too .    If any is not yet seasoned up and wont stand with me to warn against this , THEN LEARN JESUS more than ever

and your eyes will be made clear ,   in the mean time PRAY FOR ones like me who need much prayer to speak as I ought to and do as I should to sound out Only CHRIST and not man .

But do not oppose truth   ,  and may the Pope and all who work with him hear this too ,   STAND ASIDE , cease and dissest , FOR YOU do not cause me fear .

And its YOU who should be worried    , FOR YOU TROD UNDER FOOT JESUS and that is a deadly place to be .

• Praise God! 1

2 hours ago, turtletwo said:

4.      Praise is when we give recognition to God for what he has done

This makes me think of the lyrics from a hymn:

When upon life’s billows you are tempest-tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord has done.

Refrain:
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your blessings, see what God has done!
Count your many blessings, see what God has done.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

7 minutes ago, turtletwo said:

This makes me think of the lyrics from a hymn:

When upon life’s billows you are tempest-tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord has done.

Refrain:
Count your blessings, see what God has done!
Count your many blessings, see what God has done.

E    x     a     c    t     l     y .        MMLS SWIDL.     E  X A C T L Y

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

What IS The Sacrifice of Praise?

... the least we can do.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

B.     Praise is a Sacrifice by a Believer! A Very Costly Effort – That’s why it is called a “sacrifice”

1.      There are three kinds of sacrifices in the Bible:

a.       Sacrifices for Sins against God

1)      In the Old Testament, it was the continuous giving of the life of an innocent lamb in the place of a sinner

2)      In the New Testament, it was the one time and final giving of the perfect life of Jesus Christ

b.      Sacrifices for Commitment to God – like Rom 12:1

1)      Referred to as Burnt Offerings

2)      An ongoing sacrifice – based on the level of commitment of a believer

c.       Sacrifices of Praise and Thanksgiving to God

1)      Wave offering

2)      You were supposed to take your best gifts, your best animals and give them to God as a gift to Him because he has been so good to you!

3)      And wave that gift before God and said God, I love you and thank you for all you have done! Here is something that means a lot to me, that I give BACK to you!

4)      Your best attitude ought to be given as a sacrificial gift to God

5)      Your best thoughts ought to be given as a sacrificial gift to God

6)      Your best joys, and thrills! (Psa 27:6)

2.      But here is the reality…

a.       These three were not easy to give. They were sacrifices - they cost people to give such things to God

b.      They were all necessary as part of the worship of God. Without these sacrifices, without it costing us there could be no worship!

c.       David said “neither will I offer burnt offerings unto the LORD my God of that which doth cost me nothing.” (2Sam 24:24)

3.      You see, Praise will rarely be easy to do

a.       IT is so much easier to find fault, to complain, and to murmur and begrudge

b.      We will easily give people a piece of our mind

c.       We will even find ourselves easily giving out to God and withholding praise that He deserves

4.      It takes a whole lot more effort to find a way to praise God when we don’t know why something is happening to us!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

What else can be said about this topic, other than what our dear sister has "penned" above? "We bring the sacrifice of praise, into the House of The Lord, we bring the sacrifice of praise into The House of The Lord, and we offer unto You, the sacrifices of thanksgiving, and we offer unto You, the sacrifices of joy."

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1