Hey Guys! 

So thank you to all who believed with me on my prayer for the Atheist. So today I wanted to encourage you to obey the Sabbath. I had a book, It was called "Finding Peace with God." The book explained a lot of things, but then it said, that God did not give us another day to set aside to keep holy. But in 2 Corinthians 16: 2 it says, 

1 Corinthians 16:2 King James Version (KJV)

Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

Does this not mean that we can go to church on Sunday?

Please answer

2 hours ago, East Sky said:

Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

2 hours ago, East Sky said:

Hey Guys! 

So thank you to all who believed with me on my prayer for the Atheist. So today I wanted to encourage you to obey the Sabbath. I had a book, It was called "Finding Peace with God." The book explained a lot of things, but then it said, that God did not give us another day to set aside to keep holy. But in 2 Corinthians 16: 2 it says, 

1 Corinthians 16:2 King James Version (KJV)

Does this not mean that we can go to church on Sunday?

Please answer

Sunday was the first day of the week, as opposed to our Monday being it. Gatherings in the language of King James meant offerings for both those in need, and also work for the Lord in other establishing churches. And the Apostle Paul wanted that taken care of before his arrival in Corinth. The early church still kept Shabbat or Sabbath on Saturday, according to the Jewish calendar. Worship on Sunday began sometime around 220 AD.  

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles 

I totally agree, on the days.But have you ever gone 7 days a week?

Keeping the Sabbath and circumcision were signs of God's covenant with Israel a little bit like baptism and the Lord's Supper are with His church.  If you are not Hebrew or in Israel you aren't bound by those signs.  We are told not to let people judge us about these things.

Exo 31:16 ‘Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant.

Col 2:11  NKJV  In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, Col 2:12  buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead.  Col 2:13  And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, Col 2:14  having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.

Col 2:16 Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath.  Col 2:17 These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ.

Rom 14:4  Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.  Rom 14:5  One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. Rom 14:6  He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.

• This is Worthy 2

• Similar Content

• By listener24
      Thanks to inspirational brothers and sisters in Christ here on Worthy, I started to feel again a literal "disgust" for sin.
      With that, it came back more enthusiasm for a daily relationship with the Gospel and for keeping His commandment of Love!
      Thank you so much brothers and sisters, and praise the Lord who works through you! 

• By KiwiChristian
      The 7 books support Roman Catholicism. The remaining 66 contradict Roman Catholicism. 

They are not, and have never been, in the Jewish canon. Josephus explicitly excluded them from his list. Philo (20 B.C.-50 A.D.) neither mentions or quotes them. Jewish scholars meeting at the Council of Jabneh did not recognize them. Most Church Fathers in fact rejected them. The sermons in the Book of Acts, which outline Jewish history, do not included apocryphal events. None of the Apocrypha claim inspiration or divine authority. Many of the Apocryphal books contain historical, geographical, and chronological errors. Many of the Apocryphal books teach heresy, contrary to the Word of God. Their literary style is legendary and fantasy. Some stories are grotesque and demonic. They lack the power and distinctive elements of the Word of God.ons in the Book of Acts, which outline Jewish history, do not included 
        - Judith falsely states that Nebuchadnezzar reigns over the Assyrians,whereas he ruled Babylon instead.Torbit could not have witnessed the division of Israel into the northern and southern kingdoms in 931BC(Tor1:4),and have been deported 200 years later in 734BC(Tor1:10).Tobit 4:11 and Tobit 12:9 state that giving money forgives sins. This contradicts Christs' work on the cross. Jesus and the apostles quote 260 times from the 35 out of 39 OT books, yet they NEVER quoted the apocrypha.
      - Wisdom 8:19,20 is another contradiction between the apocrypha and Scripture. “For I was a witty child, and had a good spirit. Yea rather, being good, I came into a body undefiled.” However, the Bible teaches that all are born with original sin. "Through one man’s offense judgment came to all men... by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners" (Romans 5:18, 19). “There is none righteous, no, not one” (Romans 3:10). The author of Wisdom believes he was an exception.

Neither their authors nor the circumstances of their writings are known.The Jews nor the early Christians accepted them as inspired scripture.The books themselves dont claim inspiration.There's no"Thus saith the Lord"'s .Although the N.T has 263 direct quotes from and 370 allusions to the O.T,there's not a single reference to the books of the apocrypha.It was at Trent,Ap.8th1546,that the pope declared tradition+the apocrypha to be canonical and authoritative.

God did not give councils the authority to select His sacred books, nor does He expect men to receive His sacred books only because of councils or on the basis of councils. It takes no vote or sanction of a council to make the books of the Bible authoritative. Men were able to rightly discern which books were inspired before the existence of ecclesiastical councils and men can do so today. A council of men in 390 with no divine authority whatever, supposedly took upon itself the right to state which books were inspired, and Catholics argue, "We can accept the Bible only on the authority of the Catholic Church." Can we follow such reasoning?

It cannot be proven that the Catholic Church is solely responsible for the gathering and selection of the New Testament books. In fact, it can be shown that the New Testament books were gathered into one volume and were in circulation long before the Catholic Church claims to have taken its action in 390 at the council of Hippo.

Catholics mearly defined what THEY would use as Scripture, NOT what Scripture WAS.