• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

13 hours ago, turtletwo said:

"Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God." (James 1:19-20)

So very true!  I still need to work on my anger.  Anger can also breed pride, as my wife wisely pointed out. Oye :b: ... I'm so sorry Abba.

Back to your subject, which is an awesome reminder for us all, my favourite scripture in this regard is:

"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others." ~ Philippians 2:3-4

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

9 hours ago, missmuffet said:

0e7967ac5351aa801e4d47c5b67c1b89.jpg.f0e7310f35011d6697dd0153acdde587.jpg

Amen to this. James also challenged us to tame our tongues in ch 3. Actually, James said no man can tame his tongue but I think James said that to shame the people, he didn't mean it literally. It certainly isn't easy. I put it off for close to 40 yrs but since last yr I've been working on controlling every word I say. I've always known this had to be done. James teaching on what we say, along with others who taught on it always did stab at me. Time has come today, or actually, last year.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

True enough. I often say or post things that I only realize later on that they could have been put in better, simpler words. 

I think it's just that I talk so little so rarely in real life. I get online and it just comes out.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

10 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

The glory of the Gospel is that whosoever believes in Jesus Christ is under the sanctuary of the blood of Jesus Christ.

It sounds a bit odd to say Jesus is under His own blood, but ok, I think I know what you mean.

This make us work on our own righteousnes without the fear if we do not do it , we will end up in Hell...There are other consiquenses to deal with eventually, and some times too many and very grievious and beyond that we can bear.. some times early , and some times later, and sometimes we are spared.

Here we have a problem. I'm glad you realize there will be consequences for our sins, most won't even believe that much. The main scripture for this is in 1 Cor. ch 3. I don't think even Paul knew what the price is or what paying it meant. Even Jesus warned us in various ways, one time was when He said "man will have to account for every idle word he spoke. Yikes! In spite of all this, here in the USA there are many people who think a saved person can sin to their heart's content and be blameless before the Lord. I always knew that was wrong, but older Christians than me had me confused for 20 yrs. Now I'm 1 of the older ones and with 40 yrs of Bible reading under my belt I confidently say we will not be held blameless for sins we could have not done. Some sins do seem unavoidable, at least at the time, but eventually they may become easily avoidable. Once they do the Lord expects us to avoid them. If someone does not do this to a very large extent then it is possible to lose your salvation and end up in hell. We must never be complacent.

I have come to understand the  importance of repentance, and I do not want anything else. 

The importance of repentance is it's necessary for salvation. Don't misunderstand me, usually one accepts Jesus and then he repents. Occasionally, someone who started repenting comes and then accepts the Lord. Either way, to be truly forgiven of sins God wants to see some repentance. It proves you are sorry and that you are trying to quit sinning. Giving up sins can take decades but we must work on it daily. I probably would have quit many sooner but when I was saved even good conscientious Christians believed and taught sins do not matter in a believer's life, upon death all is forgiven. Brothers & sisters, this is false. I know many folks don't want to hear it but I must keep saying it. We know we will stand before God after death. For believers we call this the Bema judgement. God will review all we said & did while on earth. What will happen if a person's only excuse for a sin is "I was ignorant of that sin" or "I was taught it's okay for me to sin". Will God hold a person blameless based on ignorance. I honestly don't know, but I'm not gambling on He will. I know the USA courts do not accept ignorance as an excuse. So I recommend we all do our best to avoid as many sins as possible.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

On 4/14/2019 at 4:34 PM, turtletwo said:

Some say that God gave us two ears and only one mouth for a reason.

So that we could do more listening and less spouting off at the mouth :taped:

We should always pray before we speak, asking the following:

1903800941_beforeyouspeakthinkasathreadingeneral.jpg.adbb34ae72927aeaf8011c10885696a6.jpg

"Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God." (James 1:19-20)

Any input including scriptures about this are welcome. 

A former pastor used to quote your think quite often.  So often when I speak it is unnecessary.   

Luk 6:45  NKJV “A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart[fn] brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

I'm hearing what you're saying Willa, precious sister.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

18 hours ago, missmuffet said:

0e7967ac5351aa801e4d47c5b67c1b89.jpg.f0e7310f35011d6697dd0153acdde587.jpg

The tongue  can be a razor.  The tongue can be a fire.

It only takes one misguided sentence to crush a heart,  OR,  cause a World War.

Some parents who should never be parents, have caused more harm to their Children by what they say to them, then 100 beatings.

I once saw a dad do this............His son (Bryce) was in the Cub Scouts.... He was 6 or 7. (at the time)  and the boy was given an assignment to take a new bar of soap and carve it into a turtle.  So, the weekend came and Bryce had the soap.   However, the boy had never used a knife before, as what 6-7 yr old has access to a knife?   So, the dad gives him his pocket knife and leaves.   The boy has no idea what to do......is kind of scared of this knife, and does not even try to use it.   An hour later the dad comes back to see what is going on, what has been accomplished.... and the soap is not touched, the knife is not opened and the boy is scared.  I watched and heard this man start yelling at his little boy......"You didn't even try, you are a quitter, you are nothing but a quitter,  and you'll be a quitter all your LIFE".

25 yrs later, the boy is a drug addict, never married, no friends, no accomplishments in life.  He's a dead man walking.

So, truly, words can kill everything that could have been, and should have been.

Words can burn every bridge of Hope and words can part what God wanted to be together.

Edited by Behold
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, Behold said:

Some parents who should never be parents, have caused more harm to their Children by what they say to them, then 100 beatings.

I once saw a dad do this............His son (Bryce) was in the Cub Scouts.... He was 6 or 7. (at the time)  and the boy was given an assignment to take a new bar of soap and carve it into a turtle.  So, the weekend came and Bryce had the soap.   However, the boy had never used a knife before, as what 6-7 yr old has access to a knife?   So, the dad gives him his pocket knife and leaves.   The boy has no idea what to do......is kind of scared of this knife, and does not even try to use it.   An hour later the dad comes back to see what is going on, what has been accomplished.... and the soap is not touched, the knife is not opened and the boy is scared.  I watched and heard this man start yelling at his little boy......"You didn't even try, you are a quitter, you are nothing but a quitter,  and you'll be a quitter all your LIFE".

25 yrs later, the boy is a drug addict, never married, no friends, no accomplishments in life.  He's a dead man walking.

So, truly, words can kill everything that could have been, and should have been.

Words can burn every bridge of Hope and words can part what God wanted to be together.

A misunderstood letter from the State Dept. to Saddam Hussein helped lead to the Gulf War.Regarding Kuwait .........” We are not interested in your internal disputes” —— that’s all Saddam needed to hear— the rest is history.....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

4 hours ago, Behold said:

But the tongue can also brighten a person's day with a kind word :)

• Thumbs Up 1