• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 4/14/2019 at 4:34 PM, turtletwo said:

Some say that God gave us two ears and only one mouth for a reason.

So that we could do more listening and less spouting off at the mouth :taped:

We should always pray before we speak, asking the following:

1903800941_beforeyouspeakthinkasathreadingeneral.jpg.adbb34ae72927aeaf8011c10885696a6.jpg

"Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God." (James 1:19-20)

Any input including scriptures about this are welcome. 

It is true we should be careful what we say, but I don't think the Lord intended that speaking should be a burden.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 4/14/2019 at 6:34 PM, turtletwo said:

E1Ti05dd.jpg.3ebd0e27a7415603d42de5bfed5b9623.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

When one is led of the Lord in responding properly... (Here is the result according to several Bible versions):

Webster's Bible Translation
A man hath joy by the answer of his mouth: and a word spoken in due season, how good it is!

World English Bible
Joy comes to a man with the reply of his mouth. How good is a word at the right time!

New American Standard 1977 
A man has joy in an apt answer, And how delightful is a timely word!

GOD'S WORD® Translation
A person is delighted to hear an answer from his own mouth, and a timely word-oh, how good!

Contemporary English Version
Giving the right answer at the right time makes everyone happy. 

New Living Translation
Everyone enjoys a fitting reply; it is wonderful to say the right thing at the right time! 

English Standard Version
To make an apt answer is a joy to a man, and a word in season, how good it is!

Iow, respond with what is right and do so, only when the time is right. :)Don't 'get ahead of' the Lord.

Edited by turtletwo
added to

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

On 4/15/2019 at 11:55 PM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

A misunderstood letter from the State Dept. to Saddam Hussein helped lead to the Gulf War.Regarding Kuwait .........” We are not interested in your internal disputes” —— that’s all Saddam needed to hear— the rest is history.....

The USA is the only country, in history, to use a NUKE on another country.  And we did it not as a military strike against an army, or a base , we literally nuked civilian cities and killed people, families, while they were sleeping.

And why?   Because we gave the Japanese high command a....."what is your final answer, and give it now", and they replied....."give us more time to consider our response", and the interpreter...ours, misinterpreted their response as...."middle finger".....and the rest is the history of how we melted 3 Japanese cities with our Nukes.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

14 hours ago, Behold said:

The USA is the only country, in history, to use a NUKE on another country.  And we did it not as a military strike against an army, or a base , we literally nuked civilian cities and killed people, families, while they were sleeping.

And why?   Because we gave the Japanese high command a....."what is your final answer, and give it now", and they replied....."give us more time to consider our response", and the interpreter...ours, misinterpreted their response as...."middle finger".....and the rest is the history of how we melted 3 Japanese cities with our Nukes.

The bombs were dropped with one eye on Japan......the other on Russia......not without good reason

Thank God for a man like President Truman—- oozing with class and integrety.....to think that a mistake of nature like Trump sits in the same seat as HST makes me sick.....

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

On 4/17/2019 at 7:41 AM, Behold said:

Perhaps you don't realize that America was losing WW 2. I'm not a history buff so I forget which other country was very close to developing nukes themselves. But it wasn't one of our allies. You should know mankind has a problem with pride and America's pride almost made us lose WW 2. One example of what I mean was our inferior tanks. Saving money was always more important but in war money ought not to matter. But nukes can't be used for surgical strikes the blast zones are too large. Also, back then we knew almost nothing of the radioactive fallout. I hate to think what would have happened if 10 or more smaller nukes were dropped in areas of high troop concentration. The end result would have been horrific. We had to scare the Japanese into surrendering. Time has shown it was the right decision. Nukes are too terrible to be used as a regular way of waging war. At least we learned that much. I'm a peace lover, I don't think anyone should wage war, ever. But most people don't think like me.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,776
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 4/14/2019 at 7:34 PM, turtletwo said:

We should always pray before we speak, asking the following:

I do not know of any scripture reference that can reflect the above statement..

In searching the scriptures we come accros many events where the enemies of the Gospel as being the people in authority used this kind of language together with threats of indimidation and punishment.

And that was their proposed; think carefully before anyone speaks in praising the name of Jesus, bscause of the negative consequences upon yourselfs. 

It was a form of warning the believers not to speak about Jesus, because of prosecution. 

On 4/14/2019 at 7:34 PM, turtletwo said:

"Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God." (James 1:19-20)

Any input including scriptures about this are welcome. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

Not just that.  N AND K  also are important. sometimes we say things which may be true but  aren't really helpful or need to be said.

Case in point. 

I had met a young lady and became friends with the hopes of gravitating towards a relationship.  As life would have it, she and an old friend developed feeling and started a relationship . I knew this and accepted it but still felt thr attraction. They got engaged recently . How did  I learn? 

On 2 separate occasions. Persons who knew I had been interested decided to  tell me. Out of the  blue. No context. No rhyme or reason.

Then when I pointed out there   was no reason to twll me and how ive been depressed  over an extended period of time and they just lowered  my spirit by telling me that there's not a hint of sympathy or apology, more of a you shouldnt feel so.

This pic I drew  a while ago best sums it up

20190419_100924.jpg

• Loved it! 1