• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

16 hours ago, JTC said:

Perhaps you don't realize that America was losing WW 2. 

Perhaps you dont realize that America had no business then or now, destroying a civilian population with an Atomic Bomb.

How did we feel when 911 happened?

It is morally wrong, to kill Civilian's with a Nuke, war or no war.

The Japanese, were attacking a NAVAL BASE.....they did not try to kill parents and children in the middle of NYC.

We did this to them. !

So, you can believe that Nuking a civilian population is fine as its "war", but i will never agree with you, so, lets agree to disagree, and leave it there.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  56
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/14/2019 at 4:53 PM, JustPassingThru said:

When I was in High School one of our teachers had this saying posted on the wall of his classroom.

Engage brain before opening mouth!

Right along with that line of reasoning, ...my pastor taught that the tongue came in a cage, so be careful when opening the door!

Never heard that last line. WHAT A GEM!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 7:42 PM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

The bombs were dropped with one eye on Japan......the other on Russia......not without good reason

Thank God for a man like President Truman—- oozing with class and integrety.....to think that a mistake of nature like Trump sits in the same seat as HST makes me sick.....

How depressing ,    how truly depressing blood bought .      Lets kill hundreds of thousands and cheer it on .     That is so depressing blood bought .

They killers and I bodly refuse to support such .    Ps this aint political for me ,   I voted not a one of them in .  Not a one .  Not hillery , not trump .

And frankly I care less who this bothers .   Hated by liberals ,and conservatives cant much stand me either .  OH and WELL .     I GOT ALL HOPE and this world and govts AINT IT

PEROID .

Again whoever this offends , needs to pull those big boy pants up .    Cause I refuse to live my life according to the opinions of men .  BUT RATHER according the TRUTH found ONLY IN CHRIST . 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

On 4/17/2019 at 12:15 AM, turtletwo said:

respond with what is right and do so, only when the time is right. :)Don't 'get ahead of' the Lord.

TIMING can be an overlooked aspect of communication. For the Lord sometimes needs to soften the soil of the heart of the hearer...before anything can take root and grow. This means being sensitive to where a person is at emotionally and spiritually. We should pray over our words rather than just blurting them out. :) A bonus is that this will teach us patience.

Proverbs 25:11 Like golden apples set in silver is a word spoken at the right time.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

On 4/20/2019 at 11:46 AM, Behold said:

but i will never agree with you, so, lets agree to disagree, and leave it there.

Fine, don't agree with me, but try to understand they did what seemed to be the quickest way to end WW2. Ever see pics of the current mid east or much of France after WW2, much of the landscape has been flattened by non-nuclear bombs. This is what war means. This is why war needs to be avoided. This is why I'm against hate & anger, they lead to war. No one is saying bombing cities with nukes was right, but it was necessary. It succeeded.

• Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

On 4/19/2019 at 8:20 PM, Your closest friendnt said:

Some say that God gave us two ears and only one mouth for a reason.

So that we could do more listening and less spouting off at the mouth :taped:

We should always pray before we speak, asking the following:

On 4/19/2019 at 8:20 PM, Your closest friendnt said:

I do not know of any scripture reference that can reflect the above statement.

I don't have the time right now to search in Proverbs but it's there where scriptures can be found to support the ideas in red above.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,776
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

14 minutes ago, JTC said:

I don't have the time right now to search in Proverbs but it's there where scriptures can be found to support the ideas in red above.

One time I write;

(The believer in 

Jesus is under the blood of Jesus Christ). 

And this is how someone read it out of context; 

"Jesus is under the blood of Jesus Christ", 

The perils of quoting without reference to the context, even the intent and the proposed of posting something from the bible...

"Naturally people perceived what someone intents to say before finish speaking",

So and it is till today and will always be....

Do not leave the conversation before it comes to adjournment...

You may vo away with the wrong opinion to what the person intents to say....

The same when someone said; 

"Paul was an unbeliever, and the disciples were also nonbelievers", 

This is truth within the proper context...

Also the statement; 

"Paul did not know how to speak and write, Greek, Latin, Roman, and even Aramaic", 

This is all truth within the proper context; 

But it is not truth outside of the limits of the context....

Can you solve this simple ....and bring it within the proper armony of the context...

Yes the above statements are thruth....

Before Paul learn to speak any of the above languages, not after he got educated in speking in "other tonques"...

"Other tonques", not as in the gifts of the Holy Spirit, or as in the day of Penticost", but in learning to speak other languages than the mother's language...

Without going to far...

As with Jesus who was born in Bethlehem but grow for the initial years of his life in Egypt...I assume among the Jews living in Egyot..

He must be exposed to some dialect there abd to the Egyptian language.  

But that does not make him an Egyptian, if someone hear him using Egyptian words in Nazareth...

But when they heard him speak with a Gallilian acsent and dress like a Gallilian, they firmed an opinion about him....

"Can something good come out of Gallile..."..

"You are a Nazarian.."..

Jesus remain quite...

Does that mean he agree with them that he was not from Betheem , from the city of David, a Jew from his earthly inheritance, a prerequisite for the Christ.  

What scripture...lets check the context of the scripture and the proposed intents to accoblish...