• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

On 4/26/2019 at 6:22 PM, naominash said:

I feel like you are inserting your own convictions along with Scripture. I know for sure that adultery is grounds for divorce, otherwise Jesus wouldn't have mentioned it.

Don't be so sure - what is written in Scripture,  God's Word,  at the time Jesus said it, the culture and the meaning,  is very very very different than today - very very very few English speaking natives understand it.

i.e. what Jesus mentioned is known and understood only by those people who have discovered / know/ the language and the customs of the Hebrew Jews at the time , 

and is not known nor understood by those who only know so-called 'modern' ideas of divorce and marriage.(which are not adequate to understand God's Word)

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

28 minutes ago, naominash said:

So explain this:

Matthew 5:32 New King James Version (NKJV)

32 But I say to you that whoever divorces his wife for any reason except [a]sexual immorality causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a woman who is divorced commits adultery.

Sexual immorality appears to be grounds for divorce in this passage.

See the post that follows yours.  This is why the full explanation is not given here/ on this forum.  (too much opposition/ strife)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/26/2019 at 7:22 PM, naominash said:

I also personally feel that many churches and Christians also idolize marriage to the point of cruelty. 

Wouldn't it also dishonor the Lord if a man abuses his wife?

I appreciate the thoughtfulness of this post but I don't think God values marriage more than the individuals in it. We will not agree here. But I think abuse is grounds for divorce and so is adultery.

I just find that, in my experience with churches and other Christians, that the onus is usually put on the wife to be holy and submit and endure while the husband is never held accountable.

So totally agree. Sadly I know this all too well to be true and even more so now.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

I could not stand my husband. I got divorced because I couldn’t stand him. Fought all the time. No respect either way. He was a “good” man I guess. I divorced him. God surely dealt harshly with me. I have to live it. People are harsh too. I can’t unscramble eggs. 

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

Some here will be delighted to know that you suffered.They are too impressed with their own self- righteousness, and spend so much time preening they have no time left for any compassion.My heart goes out to anybody who has endured a divorce.Thank God , we serve a Savior that understands our weaknesses and failings .He is eager to forgive,do thank Him for His Grace, put your sin in the same place that He did- the Cross- and get on with your life.Accept any temporal chastisement as best you can and rejoice in the fact that it does not affect your Salvation one bit.I hope you find peace in your life.God bless.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 4/15/2019 at 6:59 AM, RarexxRose said:

Why wouldn't a husband leave you alone if they refuse to respect a boundary that they are well aware of? Is that grounds for a divorce? What if you want to leave but they just keep on coming back; him and his family making it impossible for you to move on in a healthy manner?

I think as you were married to him, and initially chose him, invest in that and work things out and try marriage counselling if you havent. It is good to b married as a woman.