• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

Galatians 6:14 (NASB)
But may it never be that I would boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Paul’s boast and strength was in his death in Christ. This was that that Paul put forth as the one thing in his walk with Christ that was his mainstay. This was his hope, his desire, the all of his walk with Christ. This was the foremost in his mind as he went through his day. He, being crucified to the world and the world being crucified to him. He had given his life over to his death in Christ, whereby nothing was his, it was all Christ’s, and all was Christ. He woke up in the morning seeing his death in Christ. He walked through his day living his death in Christ. Whereby he gloried in his death in Christ, it was the one thing that he called his own. His death in Christ. Whereby the world was crucified to him and him to the world. 

This that was Paul’s walk with Christ was not a aberration. This was a Christian who had been willing to give their all to Christ. He was working his own salvation out with fear and trembling. He was denying self picking up his cross and following Jesus. Though it is true God has different offices for different believers, they are all for the building up of the body to become a full man in Christ. Than after Christ’s body becomes full grown the office’s become nothing, of no use whatsoever anymore, than all things resort to the individual’s personal relationship with Christ. That being our glory and reward for all eternity. Our personal relationship with Christ and the depths of it. 

This relationship that Paul had with Christ is a common relationship that is open to all that would be willing to press into Christ with their whole heart, their whole mind and strength. Though their office before God will be one of God’s choosing, their relationship and the depth of their relationship is of their own choosing. For God is no respecter of persons,  His life and love is open to all to the same depth of His gift of Christ. Christ being His heart. Therefore having given His heart to mankind, He gave His everything to mankind. To whosoever will, He gave His all when He gave Christ. This giving His all to humanity was and is, still, even to this day,  to those that would be willing to give up all of themselves, their very life’s to this one who gave them His all. This is done in the heart, this giving up oneself to God. Whereby God would become the Lord and Master of all that was done in the daily life of the believer. That righteousness and only righteousness would be that thing that was expressed in and through all those that would be willing to give up their all to their deaths in Christ,  whereby they would be crucified to the world and the world crucified to them.

This is that one and one relationship with Christ that is that which the human heart not only craves for, but the only thing that will bring the human heart to rest. For that is why the human heart was made. Being the abode of God. 

Blessings to all that would want to make this a living reality in their life’s. 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

• This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

2 hours ago, Not me said:

But may it never be that I would boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Paul’s boast and strength was in his death in Christ. This was that that Paul put forth as the one thing in his walk with Christ that was his mainstay. This was his hope, his desire, the all of his walk with Christ. This was the foremost in his mind as he went through his day. He, being crucified to the world and the world being crucified to him. He had given his life over to his death in Christ, whereby nothing was his, it was all Christ’s, and all was Christ. He woke up in the morning seeing his death in Christ. He walked through his day living his death in Christ. Whereby he gloried in his death in Christ, it was the one thing that he called his own. His death in Christ. Whereby the world was crucified to him and him to the world.

Tell me please, what exactly it means to be dead in Christ? I'd like real life examples of how one would know if he was indeed dead in Christ? I ask this cause many a Christian doesn't know how to tell if he's saved. Granted that salvation can be confusing but this phrase "dead in Christ" invites confusion. Please explain. 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

Lets say this another way. What does the worldly people without Christ  Live for. What is their dream? Looking and striving for that bag of gold at the end of the rainbow? Having more is success and yet some are never satisfied. Everything the good life can offer. They even Go to church.

The ones who have money and flashy cares make sure they go to the high class church in the high class side of town. Let the poor class stay over on their side. The high Class ware  fine cologne and their best clothes. They watch the clock so they won't miss the first golf tee at the Club.

Saul came from the finest of Israel having the best education. After he encountered Christ all that became worthless trash to him. He gave himself fully to Christ.  Those who can see only the world have all their ambitions in it.    We are taught Love not the world neither the things of it, for the lust of the flesh, and the eyes and the pride of life. are not of the Father but of the world    1John 2:15     Paul said for me to live is Christ and to die is gain. We need to get out of the worlds box to see Christ real purpose for us. 

Edited by Mike Mclees
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

2 hours ago, JTC said:

Tell me please, what exactly it means to be dead in Christ? I'd like real life examples of how one would know if he was indeed dead in Christ? I ask this cause many a Christian doesn't know how to tell if he's saved. Granted that salvation can be confusing but this phrase "dead in Christ" invites confusion. Please explain. 

Hi JTC, 

Absolutely! To talk about the greatest subject on this planet earth, “our deaths” in Christ, what a blessing. 

First, this understanding of what it means to be “dead in Christ” has absolutely no bearing on whether one is saved or not. Scripture says;

Romans 10:9 (NASB)
that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

Period, no, if, ands or buts. The only question that can be raised by the above scripture is what it means to “believe in the heart” vs “believe in the head” but that’s  another subject for another day. This correct faith causes the new birth to be birthed in the believer regardless of what more they know, or don’t know, concerning their salvation in Christ.....Growing in Christ is learning what our salvation in Christ consists of. 

So moving on to your question of what it means to be dead in Christ?  How this “dead in Christ” is to be understood. 

Christ came to be the fulfillment of the law. 

The law says; 

“the soul that sins that soul shall die”

Christ came to die for us.  

This death for us,  consisted of Him taking us to death with Him on the cross, thereby by us being joined with Him in His death when He died, we died. Thereby the laws demands on a sinful soul were fulfilled, that sinful soul died, by virtue of being joined with Christ in His death. This is what our salvation in Christ consists of, our being joined to Christ in His death. 

This is the reason for the command to “reckon ourselves dead onto sin and alive unto God”.

It is being obedient to this command to “reckon ourselves dead” that is the doorway to walking  in newness of life, being made free from sin. 

Our salvation is by faith from stem to stern. This is what the Galatians stumbled over. 

Living by faith is walking in the Spirit. It is to the degree one appropriates this truth to themselves,  is to the degree they will be made free from the dictates of their fallen nature. Whereby they can walk in newness of life. 

Hope this brief explanation helps a bit. 

Blessings, 

Edited by Not me
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  208
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

5 hours ago, Not me said:

This that was Paul’s walk with Christ was not a aberration. This was a Christian who had been willing to give their all to Christ. He was working his own salvation out with fear and trembling. He was denying self picking up his cross and following Jesus. Though it is true God has different offices for different believers, they are all for the building up of the body to become a full man in Christ. Than after Christ’s body becomes full grown the office’s become nothing, of no use whatsoever anymore, than all things resort to the individual’s personal relationship with Christ. That being our glory and reward for all eternity. Our personal relationship with Christ and the depths of it. 

This relationship that Paul had with Christ is a common relationship that is open to all that would be willing to press into Christ with their whole heart, their whole mind and strength. Though their office before God will be one of God’s choosing, their relationship and the depth of their relationship is of their own choosing. For God is no respecter of persons,  His life and love is open to all to the same depth of His gift of Christ. Christ being His heart. Therefore having given His heart to mankind, He gave His everything to mankind. To whosoever will, He gave His all when He gave Christ. This giving His all to humanity was and is, still, even to this day,  to those that would be willing to give up all of themselves, their very life’s to this one who gave them His all. This is done in the heart, this giving up oneself to God. Whereby God would become the Lord and Master of all that was done in the daily life of the believer. That righteousness and only righteousness would be that thing that was expressed in and through all those that would be willing to give up their all to their deaths in Christ,  whereby they would be crucified to the world and the world crucified to them.

This is that one and one relationship with Christ that is that which the human heart not only craves for, but the only thing that will bring the human heart to rest. For that is why the human heart was made. Being the abode of God. 

Blessings to all that would want to make this a living reality in their life’s. 

Pick up your Cross and follow me. Are you able to drink of the same cup? How do you measure True Discipleship?

Luke 22:15 King James Version (KJV)

15 And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer:

Edited by Elihoenai

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

This world is a danger to our souls as born again Christians. We struggle with sin daily. We experience trials and tribulation. There are disasters on this earth. But this world will not always be as it is today. Jesus will come back and restore this earth. 

Romans 12:2 

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

3 hours ago, Not me said:

Hi JTC, 

Absolutely! To talk about the greatest subject on this planet earth, “our deaths” in Christ, what a blessing. 

First, this understanding of what it means to be “dead in Christ” has absolutely no bearing on whether one is saved or not. Scripture says;

Romans 10:9 (NASB)
that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

Period, no, if, ands or buts. The only question that can be raised by the above scripture is what it means to “believe in the heart” vs “believe in the head” but that’s  another subject for another day. This correct faith causes the new birth to be birthed in the believer regardless of what more they know, or don’t know, concerning their salvation in Christ.....Growing in Christ is learning what our salvation in Christ consists of. 

So moving on to your question of what it means to be dead in Christ?  How this “dead in Christ” is to be understood. 

Christ came to be the fulfillment of the law. 

The law says; 

“the soul that sins that soul shall die”

Christ came to die for us.  

This death for us,  consisted of Him taking us to death with Him on the cross, thereby by us being joined with Him in His death when He died, we died. Thereby the laws demands on a sinful soul were fulfilled, that sinful soul died, by virtue of being joined with Christ in His death. This is what our salvation in Christ consists of, our being joined to Christ in His death. 

This is the reason for the command to “reckon ourselves dead onto sin and alive unto God”.

It is being obedient to this command to “reckon ourselves dead” that is the doorway to walking  in newness of life, being made free from sin. 

Our salvation is by faith from stem to stern. This is what the Galatians stumbled over. 

Living by faith is walking in the Spirit. It is to the degree one appropriates this truth to themselves,  is to the degree they will be made free from the dictates of their fallen nature. Whereby they can walk in newness of life. 

Hope this brief explanation helps a bit. 

Blessings, 

Congratulations, not me, you said a lot of words but didn't answer my inquiry at all. Both Jesus in the gospels and then all the apostles in their epistles told the people that what they do is just as important as anything they say or think. How would a person dead in Christ behave compared to one who's just saying he is? That was the question.

A similar question would be, how does the behavior of a saved individual differ from the unsaved? You seem to think being saved is the same as being dead in Christ. Perhaps it is. I'll tell you this, and I know it's true. If anyone is truly saved it must show in their actions. Two examples show in the Word are if you see a man hungry or cold and you have extra food or a cloak but all you do is wish him well without helping him you are not obeying God. Today we might say you aren't saved.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

One that is truly has a change of heart toward the old life. He wants to be a follower of Christ. People begin to see a change in ones behavior. He no longer hangs with the crowed that were a bad influence. He says no to their enticements and googdy goody taunts

He is throwing away the old man and puts on the new man. The old man is dead to him now. The Holy Spirit leads him now. Some one touched him and likes it. The other fellow is just fooling himself. Those are blown away with the wind. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

2 hours ago, JTC said:

Congratulations, not me, you said a lot of words but didn't answer my inquiry at all. Both Jesus in the gospels and then all the apostles in their epistles told the people that what they do is just as important as anything they say or think. How would a person dead in Christ behave compared to one who's just saying he is? That was the question.

A similar question would be, how does the behavior of a saved individual differ from the unsaved? You seem to think being saved is the same as being dead in Christ. Perhaps it is. I'll tell you this, and I know it's true. If anyone is truly saved it must show in their actions. Two examples show in the Word are if you see a man hungry or cold and you have extra food or a cloak but all you do is wish him well without helping him you are not obeying God. Today we might say you aren't saved.

My humblest apologies JTC if I failed to answer the intent of your question. I thought you were asking what it means to be dead in Christ. 

“Tell me please, what exactly it means to be dead in Christ? I'd like real life examples of how one would know if he was indeed dead in Christ“ 

So I tried to explain what being dead in Christ meant  and how one might know if they were. 

If you would allow me the privilege of trying to answer your question of  how one might know the  behavioral difference question, I would be most honored.

“How would a person dead in Christ behave compared to one who's just saying he is?”

All believers by the fact of them being joined to Christ by the new birth are dead in Christ. As a result of the new birth they should be bringing  forth the fruit of the Spirit in a ever increasing degree. In all it’s various manifestation. The two examples you brought forth of someone doing a act of righteousness are most excellent. 

A person who just says they are dead in Christ but aren’t, aren't Christians at all. They may pretend, but there’s no new life birthed in them,  so they would be incapable of producing the fruit of the Spirit as true fruit. They may try their best but in the end self would be exposed and expressed. For the fruit of the Spirit can only come from the Spirit. 

Hope this blesses you and answers your question.  

Edited by Not me
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

10 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

Lets say this another way. What does the worldly people without Christ  Live for. What is their dream? Looking and striving for that bag of gold at the end of the rainbow? Having more is success and yet some are never satisfied. Everything the good life can offer. They even Go to church.

The ones who have money and flashy cares make sure they go to the high class church in the high class side of town. Let the poor class stay over on their side. The high Class ware  fine cologne and their best clothes. They watch the clock so they won't miss the first golf tee at the Club.

Saul came from the finest of Israel having the best education. After he encountered Christ all that became worthless trash to him. He gave himself fully to Christ.  Those who can see only the world have all their ambitions in it.    We are taught Love not the world neither the things of it, for the lust of the flesh, and the eyes and the pride of life. are not of the Father but of the world    1John 2:15     Paul said for me to live is Christ and to die is gain. We need to get out of the worlds box to see Christ real purpose for us. 

“For to me to live is Christ to die is gain”

Such a beautiful scripture, that we all that call upon His name, would make these words, be the desire of our hearts.  

Blessings, 

8 hours ago, Elihoenai said:

Pick up your Cross and follow me. Are you able to drink of the same cup? How do you measure True Discipleship?

Luke 22:15 King James Version (KJV)

15 And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer:

Hi Elihoenai;

“How do we measure true discipleship”

2 Corinthians 12:6 (NIV)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ But I refrain, so no one will think more of me than is warranted by what I do or say,

Scripture says we are to judge man no more or higher than they “do or say”. This is meant to portray we only judge a man according to how much Christ we actually see in him. 

That Christ would be seen in us all,  by all. 

Blessings

6 hours ago, missmuffet said:

This world is a danger to our souls as born again Christians. We struggle with sin daily. We experience trials and tribulation. There are disasters on this earth. But this world will not always be as it is today. Jesus will come back and restore this earth. 

Romans 12:2 

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

As we press into Christ.  That the words of this scripture would find a home in each one of our hearts and lives. 

Blessings. 

3 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

One that is truly has a change of heart toward the old life. He wants to be a follower of Christ. People begin to see a change in ones behavior. He no longer hangs with the crowed that were a bad influence. He says no to their enticements and googdy goody taunts

He is throwing away the old man and puts on the new man. The old man is dead to him now. The Holy Spirit leads him now. Some one touched him and likes it. The other fellow is just fooling himself. Those are blown away with the wind. 

Wise insights. 

Blessings. 

Much love in Christ to all. Not me 

Edited by Not me
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1