Not me

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Also, someone who is dead in Christ should seek to put their pride aside.   The "old man" doesn't want to give up pride.  We should be willing to put on the "new man" so that our lives will truly change.   Besides the fruits of the Spirit which the Holy Spirit enables us to manifest, it's always good to remember 1 Corinthians 13.   Good works will naturally follow when we are yielded to the Lord.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  208
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, Not me said:

Hi Elihoenai;

“How do we measure true discipleship”

2 Corinthians 12:6 (NIV)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ But I refrain, so no one will think more of me than is warranted by what I do or say,

Scripture says we are to judge man no more or higher than they “do or say”. This is meant to portray we only judge a man according to how much Christ we actually see in him. 

That Christ would be seen in us all,  by all. 

Blessings

Hi Not me,

How do you Identify Christ/Messiah in a Man? What are you looking for as evidence seen of Christ/Messiah?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Elihoenai said:

Hi Not me,

How do you Identify Christ/Messiah in a Man? What are you looking for as evidence seen of Christ/Messiah?

Scripture says that God’s desire is we bare much fruit. In another part,  scripture uses the phase “fruit of the Spirit” I can only conclude the fruit of the Spirit being manifested would be proof that one is Christ’s. 

Blessings,

Much love in Christ, Not me 

• Loved it! 1

1 hour ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

Philippians 2:5-11 King James Version (KJV)

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

How then should we as Christians live the crucified life?  I don’t pretend to know more than a tiny smidgen of what this encompasses, and it’s something I need to spend much time studying.  I do have a few thoughts to share after beginning my study this morning.  

The first way must be that of living in absolute humility.  I know that we all have been broken by the tragedies of life here on earth, and this is a serious subject in itself.  But so much more than this, believers must be broken by the knowing, really knowing, that Jesus Christ died.  For us.  And because He humbled Himself, we must humble ourselves as well.  Christ hung on a cross for us.  For us.  

We are helpless without Him and can do absolutely nothing without Him.  So should we live our lives also helplessly in Him?  I think so.  But wait…  

Jesus Christ arose!  What should that mean to us?  I believe truly that Jesus died so that we could live our lives with joy and fruitfulness and victory, all of this in Him, through His power.  We must simply “let go” and put our trust in Jesus.  He is our ALL, our EVERYTHING.  FOREVER!

May God hear the cry of your heart. May He full your heart with all wisdom and knowledge of the mystery, which is, “Christ in you”.

Blessings, 

Edited by Not me
  • Loved it! 1

30 minutes ago, Not me said:

Scripture says that God’s desire is we bare much fruit. In another part,  scripture uses the phase “fruit of the Spirit” I can only conclude the fruit of the Spirit being manifested would be proof that one is Christ’s. 

Blessings,

Does the Fruit of the Spirit mean the weakening and utter destruction of Sin? 

Matthew 1:21 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

21 and she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus, for he shall save his people from their sins.'

3 hours ago, Elihoenai said:

Does the Fruit of the Spirit mean the weakening and utter destruction of Sin? 

Matthew 1:21 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

21 and she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus, for he shall save his people from their sins.'

Galatians 5:22-23(NASB)
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

Scripture says against such things as the fruit of the Spirit there is no law. If there is no law there is no transgressions. So yes, sin would be put away by the manifestation of the fruit of the Spirit. 

I might add, for sin to be totally put away one would have to be manifesting all of the fruit of the Spirit all of the time with no variations or degree. The Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus they would be living by and in  the completeness of.  

Blessings, 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

7 hours ago, Not me said:

Blessings,

Yes, someone who claims to know Christ should manifest at least some of the fruits of the Spirit.   

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Not me said:

Galatians 5:22-23(NASB)
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

Scripture says against such things as the fruit of the Spirit there is no law. If there is no law there is no transgressions. So yes, sin would be put away by the manifestation of the fruit of the Spirit. 

I might add, for sin to be totally put away one would have to be manifesting all of the fruit of the Spirit all of the time with no variations or degree. The Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus they would be living by and in  the completeness of.  

Blessings, 

Can those listed qualities of the Fruit of the Spirit be acquired Under the Law? Those that continue to Sin remain Under the Law and is a Debtor. Yeshua is Sinless!

Hebrews 11:1 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

11 And faith is of things hoped for a confidence, of matters not seen a conviction,

Hebrews 11:1 King James Version (KJV)

11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

2 hours ago, Elihoenai said:

Can those listed qualities of the Fruit of the Spirit be acquired Under the Law? Those that continue to Sin remain Under the Law and is a Debtor. Yeshua is Sinless!

Hebrews 11:1 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

11 And faith is of things hoped for a confidence, of matters not seen a conviction,

Hebrews 11:1 King James Version (KJV)

11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Yes, our Lord is sinless.

Being dead in Christ frees us from the law. 

If the listed qualities of the fruit of the Spirit could be acquired under the law then Christ died in vain. 

Yes, “the just shall live by faith”

As my fellow believer in Christ I wish you all the love and joy of this great and awesome salvation we have in Christ. 

As we both press into Christ that we might come to know Him personally in all reality and truth I also wish you well as we grow up in Him. 

Blessings, 

Edited by Not me
  • Loved it! 1

1 hour ago, Not me said:

Yes, our Lord is sinless.

Being dead in Christ frees us from the law. 

If the listed qualities of the fruit of the Spirit could be acquired under the law then Christ died in vain. 

Yes, “the just shall live by faith”

As my fellow believer in Christ I wish you all the love and joy of this great and awesome salvation we have in Christ. 

As we both press into Christ that we might come to know Him personally in all reality and truth I also wish you well as we grow up in Him. 

Blessings, 

Yeshua's intention is to Fulfill/Establish the Law and the Prophets. The Law is Fulfilled/Established through Faith.

Are you Lawless?

Matthew 5:17 King James Version (KJV)

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Romans 3:31 King James Version (KJV)

31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.