GerdaHannah

Need prayer, everything going wrong

Hi,

As many of you know I am undergoing emotional and verbal abuse by my mother in law (who lives with us) and my husband. I haven't found any help to move out of the house start afresh and heal.

My mother in law's daughter just got a great paying job. She told me she also got a promotion (despite lying blatantly on her resume). I could almost hear the arrogance in my mother in law's voice as she 'ordered' me to congragulate her daughter. It does seem like the wicked keep growing. I dread going home and facing all the insults I am going to get from today onwards.

I do not know why the Lord has allowed this to happen, am I being punished by Him? I have been praying for a Godly friend, for a permanent job, for a social support structure but nothing has materialised.

Please pray for me that I get a good friend and a stable job (if possible government job with a house). I want God's will to be done in my life, and it will help if I hear God's voice and feel God's comfort constantly through my suffering. 

Thanks,

A very broken GerdaHannah

• Praying for You! 7

Praying for Gods love and comfort and for you to hear and understand His will in your life :emot-pray:

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

Hi Gerda. :( I am so sorry you are going through abuse. I hear the pain and confusion in your post. Sometimes life does become overwhelming. I understand that. It is in those times we must cling to Jesus more than ever. Here are a few comfort scriptures for you:

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28)

"Casting all your anxieties upon Him for He cares for you." (! Peter 5:7)

"What time I am afraid, I will trust in You.” (Psalm 56:3)

I'll be praying for you, Gerda.

• Loved it! 3

2 minutes ago, PromisesPromises! said:

Hi, Gerda.... I love to Psalm 37 when people seem to be getting away with rotten behavior.  Our Father, in His own perfect timing, will make everything come out right.  In the meantime, I will be praying for you to just continue walking in His light.  Hopefully, Jesus' love shining through in you will positively affect your family and make the situation more bearable.  God bless! 

Psalm 37:3-8 New King James Version (NKJV)

Trust in the Lord, and do good;
Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.
Delight yourself also in the Lord,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.

Commit  your way to the Lord,
Trust also in Him,
And He shall bring it to pass.
He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light,
And your justice as the noonday.

Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him;
Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way,
Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass.
Cease from anger, and forsake wrath;
Do not fret—it only causes harm.

Beautiful promises promises. Amen.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

GerdaHannah, joining with the others for you.

Can you pray to have the Lord's love for these abusers?   I know it's hard but overcome evil with good.   Some people delight in seeing another person suffer....instead, pray for God to shine His light through you to them.

• Loved it! 3

Sister Gerda, I’m so sorry for the discouraging situation you’re in and the hopelessness you feel.  But if you would listen closely to your heart, you will hear your Father in heaven saying to you, “I will be with you and I will fight for you; I will never leave you nor forsake you.”  

Abba Father, in Jesus’ name, we pray that Gerda will be strengthened in her faith and that she will put her hope in You always.  Please find her a special forever-friend here on earth, someone she can laugh with.  We do always thank You for Your all-sufficient grace.   Amen.

• Loved it! 4