• Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

18 hours ago, douge said:

Hello

There are two gospels.

Both preached faith in Christ for eternal life.

Peter and the eleven apostles preached that Israel was to believe on the name of Jesus (Acts 10:43) that he was Messiah, the Son of God. Peter did not preach the complete salvation for all found by the cross preached by Paul. Peter preached the cross and resurrection as fulfilment of the new testament for Israel alone.

The gospel preached by the twelve apostles was not wrong and is the foundation of Paul's gospel.

Paul preached Jesus as Christ, the Son of God but also that he died for our sins and rose for our justification. This is our gospel for today and all his epistles are for doctrine.

Hi douge,

Thank you for your reply. Now when you say there are `two gospels` it sounds like you are saying there are two separate gospels. However you then go on to say that the gospel that the 12 preached was the foundation of Paul`s gospel. So I think it would be better and more understandable by others, if you just said that, and then went on to show the further revelation.

regards, Marilyn. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

When did it change and why?

Hello

At first God gave the Holy Ghost at Pentecost in fulfillment of prophecy   Acts 2:33

The Holy Ghost was promised upon repentance and baptism   Acts 2:38

Peter was relating what happened in regard to a healing and the people prayed and were filled with the Holy Ghost  Acts 4 :31

The Holy Ghost was given to those who obeyed him   Acts 5:32

The Holy Ghost was given to those in Samaria by the laying on of hands   Acts 8:17

The Holy Ghost fell on them that heard the word    Acts 10:44

Today we are sealed with the Spirit by believing the gospel  Ephesians 1:13

10 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi douge,

Thank you for your reply. Now when you say there are `two gospels` it sounds like you are saying there are two separate gospels. However you then go on to say that the gospel that the 12 preached was the foundation of Paul`s gospel. So I think it would be better and more understandable by others, if you just said that, and then went on to show the further revelation.

regards, Marilyn. 

Hello

The foundation of the twelve is found in the gospel of God which Paul preached. The gospel of God is the progressive revelation of the gospel found starting in the prophecy and promise in Genesis.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi douge,

regards, Marilyn. 

Hello

Below is the article I posted on the Gospel of God:

Romans 1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

1:2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)

1:3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

1:4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

Romans 15:16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.

Paul was preaching the gospel of God; according to the scriptures, the law and prophets. The gospel of God is the progressive revelation of God concerning Jesus Christ. It progressively revealed the justification to eternal life which is in Christ Jesus. Promised by the law and the prophets, and found in scriptures.

The gospel of God reveals that Jesus is the Son of God.

It encompasses God's grace; God reconciling sinful mankind to himself; reconciling both heaven and earth in Christ.

Starting with Adam, by whom, sin entered, and death by sin. God revealed the promise of a seed, which is Christ, for salvation. See Genesis 3:15

God revealed the righteousness by faith from Abraham, who believed God when the gospel was preached to him. See Galatians 3:6 Galatians 3:8

God further revealed the promised seed in regard to Abraham. Galatians 3:16

The gospel of God revealed Moses and the law. The law, which imputes sin, by which there is the knowledge of sin. The law, our schoolmaster, to bring us to Christ. See Romans 3:20 and Galatians 3:24

God revealed that Jesus, our righteousness, would come through the seed of David, and the establishment of the everlasting kingdom and throne. See 2 Timothy 2:8 and Hebrews 1:8

God revealed that Jesus, who is the righteousness of God, the promised seed, was in the midst of Israel and is the Christ, the Son of God and that justification to eternal life was given to those who believe on the name of Jesus. God revealed that Jesus would shed his blood, and die, for the new testament. See Acts 13:23 and Matthew 26:28

The gospel of God declares Jesus is the Son of God by his resurrection which was foretold in the law and the prophets. The resurrection was also revealed to the twelve disciples by Jesus Himself. See Psalms 16:10 Matthew 20:19

Paul would preach the gospel of God, in which, he proved Jesus as Christ, the Son of God from the scriptures. He preached repentance toward God and faith toward the Lord Jesus Christ. See Acts 9:20 Acts 17:3 Acts 28:23 and Acts 20:21

Paul revealed all the elements that comprised the gospel of God, which foretells, and reveals that Jesus is the promised seed that would be the Saviour, the Christ, and the Son of God. The gospel of God is the bedrock for the gospel of the grace of God, the gospel of Christ, for Paul's gospel to reveal the full accomplishment of the cross, and the grace of God, in Christ Jesus, that provides salvation freely by faith alone in Christ.

In contrast to the gospel of God, what Paul taught of the mystery, revealed by Christ, was not found in the scriptures of the law and prophets.

The mystery, that God would reveal by Paul, was the salvation of the cross to all who believe, apart from Israel and it's covenants. Revealed was the church, a new creature, the Body of Christ. Revealed was all blessings in heavenly places in Christ.

Peter would preach the gospel of God when he preached the resurrection of Christ in Acts 2:27.

In 1 Peter 4:17 Peter strengthens the Jews who will undergo suffering in the tribulation, and warns those who do not obey the gospel of God, when they give account at the judgement.

11 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi douge,

regards, Marilyn. 

Hello

Good to hear from you.

One more reply:

You said....."Now when you say there are `two gospels` it sounds like you are saying there are two separate gospels."

There are two gospels.

Peter preached the gospel of Jesus, the Christ, the Son of God and believing on his name....... the new testament...the kingdom.

Paul preached the gospel of Christ.....the cross for salvation to all freely by his propitiation....the resurrection for our justification.

You said....."However you then go on to say that the gospel that the 12 preached was the foundation of Paul`s gospel. So I think it would be better and more understandable by others, if you just said that, and then went on to show the further revelation."

It is not that simple.

I gave you the article on the gospel of God.....Paul preached the mysteries revealed by Jesus but he also preached the law and the prophets.

Not only are there two gospels there are three churches.

The church identified in old testament Israel as seen below:

Acts 7:38  This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:

The church of God composed of New testament believers who believed the gospel of the twelve apostles.

1 Corinthians 15:9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.

The church the body of Christ.

Colossians 1:24  Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265

6 hours ago, douge said:

Hello

The foundation of the twelve is found in the gospel of God which Paul preached. The gospel of God is the progressive revelation of the gospel found starting in the prophecy and promise in Genesis.

Hi douge,

I realise what you are saying however people are thinking you mean something different. They think that you are saying that there is different gospel, and this is the one that Paul told us to not accept. (2 Cor. 11: 4) I know you are not saying that, but to others it comes over that way. Thus, I think you would get more understanding if you focussed on what you said above and not say 2 gospels, which comes over not how you intended.

regards, Marilyn. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265

4 hours ago, douge said:

Hello

Not only are there two gospels there are three churches.

The church identified in old testament Israel as seen below:

Acts 7:38  This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:

The church of God composed of New testament believers who believed the gospel of the twelve apostles.

1 Corinthians 15:9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.

The church the body of Christ.

Colossians 1:24  Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

Hi douge,

Now we are getting into deeper things. OK. Let`s look a bit closer at what you are saying.

Now I have been taught that the 12 apostles are in another group than the Body of Christ, so as we study scripture we can find that out.

You say they are called the `church, called out ones of God.`

So where do the 12 apostles have their inheritance? Where do they go to in eternity? 

Marilyn.

19 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi douge,

I realise what you are saying however people are thinking you mean something different. They think that you are saying that there is different gospel, and this is the one that Paul told us to not accept. (2 Cor. 11: 4) I know you are not saying that, but to others it comes over that way. Thus, I think you would get more understanding if you focussed on what you said above and not say 2 gospels, which comes over not how you intended.

regards, Marilyn. 

Hi

I get what you are saying about another gospel

Thanks

• Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi douge,

Now we are getting into deeper things. OK. Let`s look a bit closer at what you are saying.

Now I have been taught that the 12 apostles are in another group than the Body of Christ, so as we study scripture we can find that out.

You say they are called the `church, called out ones of God.`

So where do the 12 apostles have their inheritance? Where do they go to in eternity? 

Marilyn.

Hi

The church of God is was persecuted by Paul.

The church of God was composed of both Jew and Gentile believers who believed the gospel of Peter and the apostles....they are in Christ but not in the body of Christ...they are best called by me and others as new testament saints or kingdom saints

They would have entered the Davidic earthly kingdom and inherit the promised land.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

Interesting question.

Maybe a tangent question would be, .."why was Peter's message regarding salvation, different then Paul's, until he met Paul and Paul gave Him the revelation of "justification by Faith", around Acts 15.

And the answer is, because Jesus didn't take Peter or any other Apostle "apart" for a few years, and teach them what has become 'Pauline Theology", or what we know as about 99% of "Church doctrine, or "Sound Doctrine".

So, Peter, like James and the others, ...were preaching all they knew.....And if they didn't know something, at the time they wrote their letter that we have in our bible, then it can be that what they are saying, was not the latest update....and that came once Paul explained it.

And what explains that?

Well, the Bible, in its entirety, including the New Testament, is a book of progressive revelation.   And the NT specifically starts with "water baptized, at the day of Pentecost, for the remission of sin", and "tongues"...  Acts 2:38.  As that is Peter, preaching John the Baptist's message, because he is preaching only to Jews, and its because that is all he knows to preach.

Later......Paul is on the scene, and Jesus moves the revelation along, and Paul teaches "justification by faith", and that is the message that all the Apostles eventually were preaching.....but not at first.

And all this is why believers have such difficulty agreeing... Its because most believers have not been taught how to rightly divide the word, (NT)  and so, they don't understand that God kept giving more light and more revelation, and made changes = what Jesus taught Paul.....and so, unless you know this,. unless some teacher like me has crossed your path and explained it,  then sometimes it can seem that Apostles don't agree, and scriptures dont agree.

And because many have not been taught this simple fact, that the Bible itself, and the NT specifically is a book of PROGRESSIVE REVELATION, with more and more "how to do it" and "what is going to happen",  being revealed over time, from the first book to the last....   And if you dont know this, then you can get into a mess , theologically, and many have this problem, and you see this play out, in hundreds of denominations, that dont agree with each other's TEACHING.

And its all because the leaders and the members were never taught that What Peter didnt Know, in Act's 9, he found out in Acts 10:13, is an example.

God kept on revealing and revealing, and the bible, the NT< is the TOTAL REVELATiON......., and not just the last book..

Edited by Behold