• Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,169
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

28 minutes ago, douge said:

Hi

The church of God is was persecuted by Paul.

The church of God was composed of both Jew and Gentile believers who believed the gospel of Peter and the apostles....they are in Christ but not in the body of Christ...they are best called by me and others as new testament saints or kingdom saints

They would have entered the Davidic earthly kingdom and inherit the promised land.

and scriptures for that?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

and scriptures for that?

Hi

The church of God is was persecuted by Paul 1 Corinthians 15:9).

The church of God was composed of both Jew and Gentile believers who believed the gospel of Peter and the apostles (Acts 10:45-48)....they are in Christ but not in the body of Christ (1 Corinthians 1:2  Romans 16:7)  ...they are best called by me and others as new testament saints or kingdom saints

They would have entered the Davidic earthly kingdom and inherit the promised land (Luke 12:32  Ezekiel 36:24) .

15 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi douge,

I realise what you are saying however people are thinking you mean something different. They think that you are saying that there is different gospel, and this is the one that Paul told us to not accept. (2 Cor. 11: 4) I know you are not saying that, but to others it comes over that way. Thus, I think you would get more understanding if you focussed on what you said above and not say 2 gospels, which comes over not how you intended.

regards, Marilyn. 

Hi

There are actually more than two gospels:

And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed. Galatians 3:8

The gospel was given to Abraham. A gospel is glad tidings, good news. The obligation of mankind is to believe what God said. Abraham believed.

And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be. Genesis 15:5

And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness. Genesis 15:6

The gospel was given to Israel in the wilderness. (Hebrews 3:17)

For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. Hebrews 4:2

What gospel was the writer of Hebrews referring to ?

Behold, I have set the land before you: go in and possess the land which the LORD sware unto your fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give unto them and to their seed after them. Deuteronomy 1:8

The gospel of entering into God's rest thru belief in the book of Hebrews is not the same gospel given to Israel in the wilderness to possess the land. We can see how the word gospel can have more than just one use in the Bible.

The everlasting gospel preached during the tribulation.

And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, Revelation 14:6

Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters. Revelation 14:7

Paul said ...Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Now here is an angel preaching the everlasting gospel, another gospel, so what Paul said must be rightly divided.  Peter was not preaching another gospel and was not accursed. Peter was commanded to preach the gospel to Israel. Israel's gospel at the time was not the same as Paul's and for a time overlapped. God by each gospel, given by each Peter and Paul, through Israel and the Gentiles, was reconciling heaven and earth to himself.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  2

On 4/18/2019 at 1:26 PM, douge said:

Hello

At first God gave the Holy Ghost at Pentecost in fulfillment of prophecy   Acts 2:33

The Holy Ghost was promised upon repentance and baptism   Acts 2:38

Peter was relating what happened in regard to a healing and the people prayed and were filled with the Holy Ghost  Acts 4 :31

The Holy Ghost was given to those who obeyed him   Acts 5:32

The Holy Ghost was given to those in Samaria by the laying on of hands   Acts 8:17

The Holy Ghost fell on them that heard the word    Acts 10:44

Today we are sealed with the Spirit by believing the gospel  Ephesians 1:13

There is a difference in the baptism of the Holy Ghost and what happens at the moment of salvation.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30

8 hours ago, douge said:

Hi

The church of God is was persecuted by Paul 1 Corinthians 15:9).

The church of God was composed of both Jew and Gentile believers who believed the gospel of Peter and the apostles (Acts 10:45-48)....they are in Christ but not in the body of Christ (1 Corinthians 1:2  Romans 16:7)  ...they are best called by me and others as new testament saints or kingdom saints

They would have entered the Davidic earthly kingdom and inherit the promised land (Luke 12:32  Ezekiel 36:24) .

Hi douge,

Thank you for your reply, however it was not what I asked -

`So where do the 12 apostles have their inheritance? Where do they go to in eternity? `

There are specific scriptures that tell us where the 12 disciples will be in eternity. Care to tell us?

Marilyn.

(Will answer your other post after I prepare some notes,)

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi douge,

Thank you for your reply, however it was not what I asked -

`So where do the 12 apostles have their inheritance? Where do they go to in eternity? `

There are specific scriptures that tell us where the 12 disciples will be in eternity. Care to tell us?

Marilyn.

(Will answer your other post after I prepare some notes,)

Hello

I answered that below:

I will add that after their death they will be resurrected at Christ's coming (Revelation 20:6) and will be in the kingdom until the new heavens and earth and the new Jerusalem comes down from heaven (Revelation 21:1-2).

Then all things will be gathered together in Christ (Ephesians 1:10).

1 hour ago, douge said:

Hello

I answered that below:

I will add that after their death they will be resurrected at Christ's coming (Revelation 20:6) and will be in the kingdom until the new heavens and earth and the new Jerusalem comes down from heaven (Revelation 21:1-2).

Then all things will be gathered together in Christ (Ephesians 1:10).

Hi douge,

OK, so let`s look a bit closer at what you have said. I agree that the 12 disciples will be in the New Jerusalem for God`s word tells us this.

` And Jesus said to them, "Assuredly I say to you, that in the regeneration, when the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory, you who have followed me will also sit on 12 thrones, judging the 12 tribes of Israel.` (Matt. 19: 28)

` Now the wall of the city (New Jerusalem) had 12 foundations, and on them were the names of the 12 apostles of the Lamb.` (Rev. 21: 14)

However God`s word does not say that the 12 disciples will be resurrected when Jesus comes to deliver Israel and set up the millennial kingdom. God`s word tells us that it is only those who didn`t bow to the `beast.`

` ..I saw souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. But the rest of the dead did not live again till the thousand years were finished.` (Rev. 20: 4 & 5)

Marilyn.

16 hours ago, douge said:

Hi

The gospel was given to Abraham. A gospel is glad tidings, good news. The obligation of mankind is to believe what God said. Abraham believed.

And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be. Genesis 15:5

And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness. Genesis 15:6

Hi douge,

We both agree that there is much `good news` that God gives to people, to the nations, to Israel and to the Body of Christ. And it all comes form Jesus` sacrifice for mankind. The difference is where these groups will spend eternity, their inheritance, and for some rulership in part of God`s great kingdom.

Now I understand what you have been taught, and it is an attempt to place people in their right groupings. However I was taught a slightly different view and I will present it to you for your consideration.

I`m glad you brought up this scripture for it is key to understanding God`s plan for Israel. Most people think that God`s plan just involves this earth, however we read that God has another group from Israel as well.

God said to Abraham,  " ...in blessing I will bless you, and in multiplying I will multiply your descendants as the stars of heaven and as the sand which is on the sea-shore..."  (Gen. 22: 17)

So here we see 2 groups - 1) as the sand of the sea-shore, & 2) as the stars. Not only would they be so numerous they would hold certain positions.

1) as the sand of the  sea-shore - the sand holds a predominant position on earth.

2) as the stars - the stars hold a prominent position in the heavenlies,

The first group, `as the sand of the sea-shore`, hold a predominant position on the earth. And in scripture we see that some in Israel will come through and rule the nations of the world in the millennium and on the New earth. This is described as `as the sand of the sea-shore,` the predominant position on earth.

Then we see that God has those in Israel in a prominent position are in the heavenlies, described  `as the stars.`  We see them in Heb. 11 where they looked for a city, and they will inherit that in the New Jerusalem. They hold a prominent position in the heavenlies.

Then we realise, well, `Who will hold the predominant place in the heavens?`  God`s word tells that the Body of Christ will be with Him in the third heaven, the highest realm in all of God`s great kingdom.

` To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne...` (Rev. 3: 21)

Summing up, we see that God has given different inheritances to different groups.

1.  Israel ruling over the nations on the earth. (as the sand of the sea-shore - predominant on the earth.)

2. The righteous men (& women) who looked for a city, in the heavens, (as stars - prominent in the heavens.)

3. The Body of Christ ruling from the highest heaven. (predominant in the heavens.)

Marilyn

14 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi douge,

We both agree that there is much `good news` that God gives to people, to the nations, to Israel and to the Body of Christ. And it all comes form Jesus` sacrifice for mankind. The difference is where these groups will spend eternity, their inheritance, and for some rulership in part of God`s great kingdom.

Now I understand what you have been taught, and it is an attempt to place people in their right groupings. However I was taught a slightly different view and I will present it to you for your consideration.

I`m glad you brought up this scripture for it is key to understanding God`s plan for Israel. Most people think that God`s plan just involves this earth, however we read that God has another group from Israel as well.

God said to Abraham,  " ...in blessing I will bless you, and in multiplying I will multiply your descendants as the stars of heaven and as the sand which is on the sea-shore..."  (Gen. 22: 17)

So here we see 2 groups - 1) as the sand of the sea-shore, & 2) as the stars. Not only would they be so numerous they would hold certain positions.

1) as the sand of the  sea-shore - the sand holds a predominant position on earth.

2) as the stars - the stars hold a prominent position in the heavenlies,

The first group, `as the sand of the sea-shore`, hold a predominant position on the earth. And in scripture we see that some in Israel will come through and rule the nations of the world in the millennium and on the New earth. This is described as `as the sand of the sea-shore,` the predominant position on earth.

Then we see that God has those in Israel in a prominent position are in the heavenlies, described  `as the stars.`  We see them in Heb. 11 where they looked for a city, and they will inherit that in the New Jerusalem. They hold a prominent position in the heavenlies. 

Then we realise, well, `Who will hold the predominant place in the heavens?`  God`s word tells that the Body of Christ will be with Him in the third heaven, the highest realm in all of God`s great kingdom.

` To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne...` (Rev. 3: 21)

Summing up, we see that God has given different inheritances to different groups.

1.  Israel ruling over the nations on the earth. (as the sand of the sea-shore - predominant on the earth.)

2. The righteous men (& women) who looked for a city, in the heavens, (as stars - prominent in the heavens.)

3. The Body of Christ ruling from the highest heaven. (predominant in the heavens.)

Marilyn

Hello

You said........Then we see that God has those in Israel in a prominent position are in the heavenlies, described  `as the stars.`  We see them in Heb. 11 where they looked for a city, and they will inherit that in the New Jerusalem. They hold a prominent position in the heavenlies.

The new Jerusalem is a city but it is not in the heavens but rather, comes down to earth from heaven.

Revelation 21:2  And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  948
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,507
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

DIFFERENCES BETWEEN PETER AND PAUL

Weren't they two nuts put on on a snickers bar? 

And, they called them "Peter & Paul Mounds".