• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

Every word in the  New Testament is a portion of the gospel.  It isn't piece meal.  Even the Old Testament points to the plan of salvation.

Hello

Paul identified the gospel in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4. This is the gospel that saves us today.

Peter preached believe on the name of Jesus for eternal life. 

Acts 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

We are to believe more than his name. More than Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God and he is. We are to believe in the complete salvation freely given us by his cross.

It is true that many verses expound and clarify the gospel but they have to differentiated other wise it could lead to error and confusion. That is why I am sharing my understanding of their being more than one gospel.

Peter's gospel is ordained of God but is for Israel. Paul's gospel is for Israel and Gentiles. These two gospels both preached faith in Christ for eternal life but Israel was temporarily set aside and Peter's gospel was as well.

11 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi douge,

I do agree with much of what you said. I would however write it a bit differently as it comes across as two different gospels, good news, when in actual fact one is just an extension of the other, with two different inheritances.

So the 12 disciples were told to preach that Jesus is both Lord and Christ, and that the people of Israel were to repent, be baptised and receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

`Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.` (Acts 2: 36)

`Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptised in the name of Jesus for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."` (Acts 2: 38)

Then we know from other scriptures that Israel was promised the kingdom rule over the nations on the earth in the millennium.

Paul also preached that Jesus is both Lord and Christ, and that people needed to repent, be baptised and receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Paul was later given revelation that Jesus was not only King over Israel, but was made HEAD of His Body.

`And He (Father) put all things under His feet and gave Him to be HEAD over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.` (Eph. 1: 22 & 23)

Jesus is revealed to be not only king on David`s throne but the very king of glory, heaven, the ages, the very highest rulership in all of God`s great kingdom. And it is there that the Body of Christ will rule and reign with Him in the ages to come. (Rev. 3: 21)

The only difference between Peter and Paul is the inheritance of the different groups - Israel to earth, the Body of Christ to heaven.

regards, Marilyn.

Hello

There are two gospels.

Both preached faith in Christ for eternal life.

Peter and the eleven apostles preached that Israel was to believe on the name of Jesus (Acts 10:43) that he was Messiah, the Son of God. Peter did not preach the complete salvation for all found by the cross preached by Paul. Peter preached the cross and resurrection as fulfilment of the new testament for Israel alone.

The gospel preached by the twelve apostles was not wrong and is the foundation of Paul's gospel.

Paul preached Jesus as Christ, the Son of God but also that he died for our sins and rose for our justification. This is our gospel for today and all his epistles are for doctrine.

2 hours ago, Heybro said:

Douge, please read James 2 :17, 18. It then is a balanced statement with both working hand in hand as is all of what Paul taught, so that no-one was without excuse. Hope this helps you to have a broader understanding, pray, and ask The Holy Spirit to awaken you to more of Gods truth as you read The Word, God bless.

Hello

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:10

Paul preached that we are saved unto good works not by them.

James was written to Israel. Israel's salvation to eternal life is by faith that Jesus is Messiah, the Son of God..... but to enter the kingdom they had to justified by works. They are under the new covenant which entails obedience and righteousness. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, douge said:

Hello

Paul identified the gospel in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4. This is the gospel that saves us today.

Peter preached believe on the name of Jesus for eternal life. 

Acts 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

We are to believe more than his name. More than Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God and he is. We are to believe in the complete salvation freely given us by his cross.

It is true that many verses expound and clarify the gospel but they have to differentiated other wise it could lead to error and confusion. That is why I am sharing my understanding of their being more than one gospel.

Peter's gospel is ordained of God but is for Israel. Paul's gospel is for Israel and Gentiles. These two gospels both preached faith in Christ for eternal life but Israel was temporarily set aside and Peter's gospel was as well.

I disagree.  All the teachings of Peter and Paul are God's word, and apply to  all Christians.

• Loved it! 1

3 hours ago, douge said:

Hello

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:10

Paul preached that we are saved unto good works not by them.

James was written to Israel. Israel's salvation to eternal life is by faith that Jesus is Messiah, the Son of God..... but to enter the kingdom they had to justified by works. They are under the new covenant which entails obedience and righteousness. 

There is only one body of Christ.  There is neither Jew nor Greek.  

• Loved it! 1

6 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

I disagree.  All the teachings of Peter and Paul are God's word, and apply to  all Christians.

Hello

All scripture is profitable for all Christians but it is not all to us.

This verse is Peter speaking but not to all Christians

Acts 2:14  But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:

Peter was speaking below.....this is not how we receive the Holy Spirit

Acts 2:38  Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

1 minute ago, douge said:

Hello

All scripture is profitable for all Christians but it is not all to us.

This verse is Peter speaking but not to all Christians

Acts 2:14  But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:

Peter was speaking below.....this is not how we receive the Holy Spirit

Acts 2:38  Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

This is all holy scripture, and you are openly saying what Peter said is not true.

1 minute ago, Firm Foundation said:

This is all holy scripture, and you are openly saying what Peter said is not true.

That was how they received the Holy Spirit at that time in Acts 2:38

Peter was not wrong

I never said what he said is not true

1 minute ago, douge said:

That was how they received the Holy Spirit at that time in Acts 2:38

Peter was not wrong

I never said what he said is not true

When did it change and why?

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

Douge, if I have misinterpreted what you are trying to convey to everyone, I apologise, however, in my understanding, I stand by my convictions on this topic, God bless.