• Days Won:  3

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Notre Dame is just a structure. It kills me that they saved a bunch of artifacts ( which mostly I think are fakes) yet they do not account for those who died buildin' that place. Once again folks, a church is a body of believers, not a building!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  537
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,632
  • Content Per Day:  5.01
  • Days Won:  217
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Apparently the fire was reported almost 30 mins earlier and the fire department was unable to find the source until it was too  late to save it :noidea:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,523
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

15 hours ago, pinacled said:

Supposedly a few billionaires have pledged hundreds of millions to rebuild the structure.

If they truly had a heart for charity I imagine they would pledge to help people in need instead. 

Is a structure more valuable than their neighbors lives?

There has been and is always criticism, by some anyway and perhaps by many, of what others do with their own God granted assets.  The  question that might be asked is does it please God?  Let that be between God and the giver alone as well as knowledge of the gift itself. It is not my proper business to know the gift of another and certainly not mine to criticise the gift of another. Might become tempting on my part if know of the gift and th egiver, but to do so does me no good.

And better yet to giving mighty better be done in secret the left hand not knowing what the right does as it gives else all Glory is not God's, but some parceled out to the giver instead and the mention of it the earthly reward lessening  to nothing the eternal one that could have been.

Perhaps for me I should leave the giver alone and let their gift be their gift between them and God, may the Holy Spirit guide each in the  manner of expression of appreciation to God's Glory.

"Six days before the Passover, Jesus therefore came to Bethany, where Lazarus was, whom Jesus had raised from the dead.  So they gave a dinner for him there. Martha served, and Lazarus was one of those reclining with him at table.  Mary therefore took a pound of expensive ointment made from pure nard, and anointed the feet of Jesus and wiped his feet with her hair. The house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume.  But Judas Iscariot, one of his disciples (he who was about to betray him), said,  “Why was this ointment not sold for three hundred denarii and given to the poor?”  He said this, not because he cared about the poor, but because he was a thief, and having charge of the moneybag he used to help himself to what was put into it. Jesus said, 'Leave her alone, so that she may keep it for the day of my burial.  For the poor you always have with you, but you do not always have me.' "

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,523
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

One heck of a fire. Rush Limbaugh has it that Muslims did it just as "they" did the twin towers at NYC.  -Way to go spread the love Rush-

For me it is a substantial fire among many fires, past present and future to come till the day it all burns. Praise God that many were not killed nor severely injured except a couple of lesser injuries.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Content Count:  56,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, Neighbor said:

One heck of a fire. Rush Limbaugh has it that Muslims did it just as "they" did the twin towers at NYC.  -Way to go spread the love Rush-

For me it is a substantial fire among many fires, past present and future to come till the day it all burns. Praise God that many were not killed nor severely injured except a couple of lesser injuries.

Rush has serious reasons to think of that possibilbity....   will be interesting to see if he is right or not.....   assuming we ever really know what caused it.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I've never visited Notre Dame Cathedral or even been in Europe (someday, I hope!) but here is an interesting article about its hstory. Apparently, it was not always used as a church. 

https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/9-things-know-notre-dame-cathedral/

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, other one said:

Rush has serious reasons to think of that possibilbity....   will be interesting to see if he is right or not.....   assuming we ever really know what caused it.

Two weeks ago in Marrocco, the Pope kissed the feet of some Muslim leaders on video. So to a Muslim, a sign jihad is working? An emboldening of Muslims claims of superiority? Every now and then there are moments that waken the thoughts. 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Content Count:  56,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, Zemke said:

Two weeks ago in Marrocco, the Pope kissed the feet of some Muslim leaders on video. So to a Muslim, a sign jihad is working? An emboldening of Muslims claims of superiority? Every now and then there are moments that waken the thoughts. 

and that raised my blood pressure to about 180/99...    but then I remembered my version of end time prophecy participants and was upset with myself for letting it surprise me...

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

It crossed my mind that it might have been deliberate. 

A total of 875 of France's 42,258 churches were vandalized in 2018, with a small fire set to the Saint-Sulpice church in Paris in March, according to French police.

https://www.ibtimes.com/notre-dame-cathedral-fire-not-arson-875-french-churches-vandalized-2018-2785886