• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  352
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/21/1964

1 minute ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Since I believed in the Gospel and it alone for my Salvation, I now have a license.......a license to rest.You get it as part of a package deal, it comes along with your heart operation.

There's plenty is scripture that will say otherwise. Not there yet, but if anyone who calls themself a Christian and thinks it's okay to willfully sin, they need to do a while lot more Bible study. It's impossible for a Christian to be okay with living in sin

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

22 hours ago, sugarbear said:

I hope this study brings us closer together as brothers and sisters in Christ. I do NOT expect everyone to see eye to eye on this. I just ask that we have the utmost respect for God`s word AND one another. 

:amen: As I posted in your thread ('Discuss Nicely') on April 9th, Scripture is clear about the need for kindness towards one another. I just wanted to say thanks again for taking this approach.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member

Okay, for the next phase of the "eternal security" study. Let me reiterate that if you can`t discuss "nicely" this study isn`t meant for you. It isn`t about who thinks they are right. It`s about the Bible and understanding it the way it`s meant. The first part will not be about the "CLEAR" scripture that talks about works as a Christian. That will come later. It WILL come however. Initially, I`m simply putting scripture up that will be the foundation of the  study.

*John 10:27-29 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. "I" give them eternal life, and they will never  perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father`s hand

*Romans 11:6 But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace

*Ephesians 1:13 In Him also, when you heard the word of truth , the gospel of your salvation, and believed in Him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption 0f those who are God`s possession -to the praise of His glory

*Romans 11:29 For the gifts and callings are irrevocable [not able to change, final]

God never says in His word that we have to promise never to sin again in order to receive the gift of salvation. He requires only "1" thing, to believe. Eternal life is not centered on "our"  promises, but God`s. Based on Christ`s faithfulness, not ours. John 3:16 mentions "eternal life". That means forever, unchanging. 

God`s grace +our faith=eternal life

Jesus`s sacrifice was enough, PERIOD! 

When Christ died for our sin`s...how many of them were future to Him?  ALL OF THEM

The timing of our sin is irrelevant from Christ`s perspective

When our birth Mother`s had us, we were born, nothing could EVER change that. We certainly couldn`t become unborn, could we? It`s impossible to reverse a birth!

Okay, that`s all for this session. Let`s digest this together. :emot-nod: 

Please remember that this can be constructive and even fun if we let it be. If you become angry reading this, there could be a pride issue that you need to deal with. It`s the beautiful word of God and we "GET" to discuss it anytime we choose. What a blessing. I won`t respond to mean spirited posts. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

8 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

By the way, for what it is worth, I believe in Eternal security, but not in presumption nor over-confidence. Will probably follow this thread a bit!

Indeed! I believe the scriptures, not opinions. I hope it becomes clear that this isn`t about "me", in any way shape or form.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

10 hours ago, sugarbear said:

There's plenty is scripture that will say otherwise. Not there yet, but if anyone who calls themself a Christian and thinks it's okay to willfully sin, they need to do a while lot more Bible study. It's impossible for a Christian to be okay with living in sin

There is Scripture that says we are not to rest? I would be interested in seeing those.God gives a severe warning to those who do NOT rest in the Gospel. Heb 4 is where one can find it.

I do not think it is ok to live in sin.Willful sin is spitting on the Grace that was bought by the torture of God’s Son.I hate sin ,so let’s be clear about that going out the gate.The Member Of the Body of Christ who sins will be chastised.If God dies not chastise you, you are “ none of His”. Blatant , willful sin will get you chastisement on steroids.It will not cost you your salvation. That would make Jesus a liar—— John 5:24—-He that believes on Him that sent me HAS eternal life and will NEVER come unto condemnation.That verse destroys all arguments, especially the one that claims Jesus will never let us out of His grip,but we can jump out of His grip on our own.It would also be a future event and Jesus said NOTHING present or FUTURE can take us from His grip.

Let it be known, and my wife can verify this .......the preceding post was typed with an abundance of kindness and goodwill......lol

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

2 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

There is Scripture that says we are not to rest? I would be interested in seeing those.God gives a severe warning to those who do NOT rest in the Gospel. Heb 4 is where one can find it.

I do not think it is ok to live in sin.Willful sin is spitting on the Grace that was bought by the torture of God’s Son.I hate sin ,so let’s be clear about that going out the gate.The Member Of the Body of Christ who sins will be chastised.If God dies not chastise you, you are “ none of His”. Blatant , willful sin will get you chastisement on steroids.It will not cost you your salvation. That would make Jesus a liar—— John 5:24—-He that believes on Him that sent me HAS eternal life and will NEVER come unto condemnation.That verse destroys all arguments, especially the one that claims Jesus will never let us out of His grip,but we can jump out of His grip on our own.It would also be a future event and Jesus said NOTHING present or FUTURE can take us from His grip.

Let it be known, and my wife can verify this .......the preceding post was typed with an abundance of kindness and goodwill......lol

I appreciate you being in here with me like this. I'll get into some more about the works/ fruit that you see in a true believer later. I'm sure we'll agree on quite a few things and maybe not on some but there's nothing wrong with that we just need to talk about it anyhow. I was hoping that you didn't mean that you can just willful sin and be happy with it because that would hurt my heart. ? You were talking about the heart surgery that happens and you're absolutely right there is a change. You desire the things of God.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, sugarbear said:

Okay, for the next phase of the "eternal security" study. Let me reiterate that if you can`t discuss "nicely" this study isn`t meant for you. It isn`t about who thinks they are right. It`s about the Bible and understanding it the way it`s meant. The first part will not be about the "CLEAR" scripture that talks about works as a Christian. That will come later. It WILL come however. Initially, I`m simply putting scripture up that will be the foundation of the  study.

*John 10:27-29 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. "I" give them eternal life, and they will never  perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father`s hand

*Romans 11:6 But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace

*Ephesians 1:13 In Him also, when you heard the word of truth , the gospel of your salvation, and believed in Him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption 0f those who are God`s possession -to the praise of His glory

*Romans 11:29 For the gifts and callings are irrevocable [not able to change, final]

God never says in His word that we have to promise never to sin again in order to receive the gift of salvation. He requires only "1" thing, to believe. Eternal life is not centered on "our"  promises, but God`s. Based on Christ`s faithfulness, not ours. John 3:16 mentions "eternal life". That means forever, unchanging. 

When Christ died for our sin`s...how many of them were future to Him?  ALL OF THEM

When our birth Mother`s had us, we were born, nothing could EVER change that. We certainly couldn`t become unborn, could we? It`s impossible to reverse a birth!

Please remember that this can be constructive and even fun if we let it be. If you become angry reading this, there could be a pride issue that you need to deal with. It`s the beautiful word of God and we "GET" to discuss it anytime we choose. What a blessing. I won`t respond to mean spirited posts. 

The question is who is he speaking to, and how did they become His?  Was it just because they claim to believe?  The devils believe and tremble according to James.  True faith is evidenced by works.  God knows who belongs to him, but people can be deceived.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, sugarbear said:

You injected things not stated in scripture, like your comments about not becoming unborn.  Before the new birth, we were children of the devil.  In the natural, you can only be born once, yet those who are saved were born twice.  We have a different father.  It was the devil.  Now it is  God.  Natural laws don't apply.  

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

You injected things not stated in scripture, like your comments about not becoming unborn.  Before the new birth, we were children of the devil.  In the natural, you can only be born once, yet those who are saved were born twice.  We have a different father.  It was the devil.  Now it is  God.  Natural laws don't apply.  

Well I don't know what you're really saying here. Yes I made a comparison to a woman having a baby just simply to point out that... The "1" time not "2" that we are reborn (born again) would be a decent comparison 2 a mother having a child that can't go back into her womb. That is our first birth with Christ as our savior and it can't be undone.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, sugarbear said:

Well I don't know what you're really saying here. Yes I made a comparison to a woman having a baby just simply to point out that... The "1" time not "2" that we are reborn (born again) would be a decent comparison 2 a mother having a child that can't go back into her womb. That is our first birth with Christ as our savior and it can't be undone.

Why can't it be undone?  Nicodemus  couldn't understand a new birth because it isn't possible in the natural.  If you can be born twice spiritually, why can't you be unborn spiritually?  

• Thumbs Up 1