RevelationWriter

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  608
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

- Which Came First The Donkey Or Palm Sunday?

Isn't the commemoration of 'Palm Sunday' just a memorial event of Jesus in Catholicism bring you together with them in worship?

In which His disciples never celebrated with each other. Palm Sunday is a Catholic holy day, but why if not to bring you together with them?

What does Jesus riding into Jerusalem on a donkey have to do with His Body?  Other than another story of what Jesus did? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

As I said to another poster, the reason that I feel this is important to me is because it is a fulfilling of OT prophecy that helps to solidify the authority of Christ as Messiah AND king.

Zechariah 9:9 = "Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout aloud, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your king is coming to you; righteous and having salvation is he, humble and mounted on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey."

Jesus knew that this must be fulfilled and the miraculous way he got the donkey adds to the truth of him being king.

Palm Sunday focuses on the beginning of the end.  Jesus rides in victoriously.  A victory because he was about to defeat sin and death and the grave.

To me, it brings about an anticipatory mood for Resurrection Sunday.

I'm not a Catholic, but I enjoy the sermons I hear on Palm Sunday at my church.  This past one, two days ago, was a sermon on the words of Jesus while on the cross.