Tigger56

lead me to the rock that is higher than I...

When my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.” (Psalms 61:2)

I have had hard times, I have had sad times, I have had difficult times, and I have had desperate times when despair filled my soul, but I have not had times when all hope was lost. There are conditions of sadness and despair, but hopelessness is the deepest condition of all. My heart breaks, and my spirit cries out this day for those who feel hopeless and lost. There may be days when our hope wavers, but to reach the place where all hope is lost is a place as dark and lonely as the grave. Despair is the place of desperation, and hopelessness is the place of giving up. Hopelessness is the bottom of the pit and it is a place very difficult to climb out of. I pray that hope will be as a beacon of light to a lost and hopeless soul this day, may the Lord lead one who is lost to look up from the depth of their despair and to see hope in the form of God’s own choosing.

14 hours ago, Tigger56 said:

When my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.” (Psalms 61:2)

I have had hard times, I have had sad times, I have had difficult times, and I have had desperate times when despair filled my soul, but I have not had times when all hope was lost. There are conditions of sadness and despair, but hopelessness is the deepest condition of all. My heart breaks, and my spirit cries out this day for those who feel hopeless and lost. There may be days when our hope wavers, but to reach the place where all hope is lost is a place as dark and lonely as the grave. Despair is the place of desperation, and hopelessness is the place of giving up. Hopelessness is the bottom of the pit and it is a place very difficult to climb out of. I pray that hope will be as a beacon of light to a lost and hopeless soul this day, may the Lord lead one who is lost to look up from the depth of their despair and to see hope in the form of God’s own choosing.

Hi, Tigger...  Your post brings to mind the story of Corrie Ten Boom, who during WWII helped to hide hundreds of Jews to protect them from arrest by Hitler's authorities.  She was betrayed by a fellow citizen, and her entire family was imprisoned in concentration camps.  She suffered miserably and narrowly escaped the Nazi Holocaust.  If anyone had reason to lose hope, she did, but God led her to that rock mentioned in Psalm 61.  :)   She once said, "There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still."  

• Similar Content

• By Tigger56
      After completing the Passover with his disciples, our Messiah went unto a garden and he asked his disciples to sit and wait for him while he went alone to pray. He went before his Father in heaven and sought mercy for he knew the cup from which he must drink. He returned after his prayer and found his disciples asleep and said unto them, “What, could you not watch with me one hour?” (Matthew 26:10) These words weigh heavy upon my soul this day as I prepare to partake of the Lord’s Passover. How many hours has the Lord watched with me in the years of my life? He has watched with me, and he has watched over me, and has helped me through many trials, dangers, and dark hours and never has he slumbered and never has he left me. He has been with me through sickness and injury, and he has been with me in the dark times when I have stumbled and my faith has wavered. Not once has he failed to watch and not once has he slept. So many hours he has watched and waited with me in my desperate times of need. Can I not watch one hour with my Savior? Can I not be a man who will faithfully stand with him and be one who gladly claims him as my Savior and King? I will not be ashamed to be called a Christian and I will not be ashamed to stand and watch with my Lord. With all the hours he has given me, can I not watch and wait for him? I will watch, and I will pray, and I will wait for him as I have waited most of the days of my life. He shall return unto us one day, and will he find us watching and waiting or will he find us asleep?
    • By Tigger56
      Between Heart and Mind

There is a battle fought, a war that doth rage between heart and mind,
      Why must war rage between words of the heart and words of the mind?
      Does the mind follow the heart or does the heart surrender to the rule of the mind?
      In my heart there is a vision of who I am, but in my mind I am not always the same.

Thoughts spring up in my mind but travel much too quickly to form a heartless word,
      Thoughts and feelings of the heart travel a gentle path but do they journey unto my words?
      Is there peace between heart and mind, can there be unity in the words which flow?
      Which will lead me this day, shall my heart speak or will my mind be heard?

My heart desires peace, my heart desires words that are like a warm embrace,
      My heart beats, and my heart loves, but will it be my heart that shall sing this day?
      I search for the peace found in a greater love; I search for peace between heart and mind,
      Why is there conflict between our heart and our mind, will love forever be stayed?

Speak your mind we are told, express what is within your heart we are implored,
      Where is my true voice, does it dwell within heart or mind, which well is deepest?
      Can there be unity and peace; will my heart and mind join to be my true voice?
      What power is within, what power shall unify heart and mind this day?

The heart can be our greatest spokesman, our orator of the highest plane,
      But what of the mind, the place of logic and reason, will it cause the heart to refrain?
      Which is the best spokesman, shall words flow from heart or mind to reveal my soul?
      Can they not both be at peace, can they not both truly join to become one, to become me?
    • By Tigger56
      When I fail others the strongest emotion that I feel is disappointment in myself for failing and for letting someone else down. I feel sadness, grief and at times guilt when my words or actions disappoint others, especially when I disappoint those whom I love. When I fail to achieve a goal or to complete a desired task I may feel some disappointment in myself but this is not the same as what I feel when I disappoint others. When I disappoint the Lord I feel great sadness, grief, and guilt and it is the same when I disappoint someone that I love. To let down those we love can be one of life’s most painful experiences. If I disappoint my wife, my children or my family I feel immediate grief and sorrow and seek to correct my error so that the feelings of disappointment will go away. Why does disappointing others by our words and our actions cause such anguish? The root that causes us to feel anguish and sorrow is love. When you truly love someone you desire to please them and you never want to let them down and disappoint them. Those who do not care if they disappoint others are people who are greatly lacking in love and are filled with pride. It is pride that will not admit a wrong and it is pride and the lack of love that will not seek to correct a wrong when committed. If a person is never disappointed in themselves when they fail there is something broken within them. We, at times fail, and when we fail others it is good to feel sadness or anguish over our failure, but if we do not seek to correct the failure and seek forgiveness then we lack love and have allowed pride to harden our hearts. Love seeks to please and to never disappoint those whom we love, but if we do hurt others or disappoint others then love will lead us to seek forgiveness and to bring forth change. Those who are never wrong, those who never admit a wrong are prideful men and women who are broken and missing the power of love.
    • By Tigger56
      “I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble” …. Helen Keller

There is power in time and there is power in persistence, and if we are persistent over time we shall achieve greater things. To do something great and noble would be a wonderful experience, but the full measure of the heart is found in the courage and the strength to do the small things as if they were some great and noble task. Doing what is needed and necessary is our chief duty, and over time these small tasks can become a testimony to a noble life and a life well lived. Jesus told his disciples that if they had faith even as small as a mustard seed that they could have the faith to move a mountain. Faith is found in the small things, and faith in small things will give us faith for the big things. The parable of the grain of mustard seed reveals truth about the power of the small.  “Another parable he put forth unto them, saying, the kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field: (32) Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.” Matthew 13:31-32 (KJV) At times our faith may seem as small as a mustard seed as we face the challenges and trials of life, and we yearn for the faith to stand strong and mighty, but in truth the faith to believe and to trust in the small things builds upon our foundation of faith. Our mustard seed faith sown in trust and belief will grow into a tree that is mighty and strong, a tree filled with seeds of faith. Do the tasks needed each day, and surrender each day unto the Lord and believe and have faith in his perfect love and will, and over time doing all the small things as if they were great and noble tasks we will discover that our mustard seed faith has become something much more, something great and mighty.
    • By Tigger56
      Philippians 3:16, “Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.”

In life there are rules. We have rules for sports, and for board games and for most of our leisure activities. There are rules and laws that govern our activities from how we operate our vehicles to how much we pay in taxes each year. In the workplace, there are rules and procedures established to direct how our jobs are carried out. In many homes there are rules established to guide children in their activities. In society there are norms of behavior, and there are established rules and laws, and if the rules and laws are rooted in wisdom and in that which is just they benefit all members of society. Our God is just and he established rules and laws that govern in all three realms. There is a pattern of life within all animals that we call instinct and animals follow the pattern within with precision. Within mankind there is also a pattern of life, but unfortunately, we do not follow with the same precision due to our freedom of will. The power to choose gives us the power to obey or disobey the rules and laws established. In sporting events, and in our society there are penalties for breaking the established rules and laws. Rules and laws are good when they are rooted in that which is fair and just, and all of the laws of the Lord are fair and just. There is a penalty for breaking the established rules and laws of the Lord but there are also great blessings when there is obedience. As Christians, there should be adherence to the same rules and we should be of the same mind. If we follow the Lord Jesus we will all walk in the same way for he is the way unto joy, happiness, peace and salvation. There is a right way to live and that is the way according to rules and laws established by our Creator. Let us be people who live by the established rules and laws of the Lord.