Tigger56

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.37
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Days Won:  0

I still haven't had anyone reply to a banana and Duke's mayonnaise sandwich. Surely I'm not the only one to have eaten this?  I'm starting to feel alone here.

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

My favorite sandwich is a BLT and I add cheese. My favorite breakfast sandwich is bacon, fried egg and cheese on toast. I love bacon :D

I love the turkey baco

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

8 minutes ago, ladypeartree said:

:headphones: one may use red sauce on fish and chips or even if one must cocktail sauce ( one  trusts you use a plate and not the traditional newspaper to convey your dish ) but never on cockles sirrah :foot-stomp:

Well, newspaper here in the US, tends to leave an inky and blackish residue on ones fingers here, so it's usually served on plates. Cockles on the other hand, we'll just pass on that, never having seen it on any seafood places on my limited gourmet excursions. God bless!

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  533
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,392
  • Content Per Day:  4.99
  • Days Won:  206
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Just now, BeauJangles said:

Well, newspaper here in the US, tends to leave an inky and blackish residue on ones fingers here, so it's usually served on plates. Cockles on the other hand, we'll just pass on that, never having seen it on any seafood places on my limited gourmet excursions. God bless!

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

When you come to Wales come visit and I will cook you fresh cockles … It was always traditional in the Uk to have your fish and chips in one piece of butchers paper and then wrapped in news paper and you ate them whilst walking along the prom or even waiting to catch the bus home :emot-hug:

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ladypeartree said:

When you come to Wales come visit and I will cook you fresh cockles … It was always traditional in the Uk to have your fish and chips in one piece of butchers paper and then wrapped in news paper and you ate them whilst walking along the prom or even waiting to catch the bus home :emot-hug:

I use to get the fish and chips at a little place, Shefford, England. I was close to RAF Chicksands where I was stationed for awhile.

I'm still waiting Guys... who else eats banana and mayonnaise sandwiches.  Those who have eaten such a delicacy as me, please step forward! P.S. must have been with Duke's mayonnaise.

1 hour ago, BorderCowboy said:

Since we are nt held accountable for old testament dietary laws, I eat whatever my doctor says I can eat...... high blood pressure n diabetes aside....LOL

Don't think clean and unclean was done away with, but regardless of that.... my doctor told me to eat more fish. I told him I love fried fish. In fact I love a lot of things fried. He told me he meant baked fish, so I am following his orders partially... I am eating fried fish.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

30 minutes ago, Tigger56 said:

I'm still waiting Guys... who else eats banana and mayonnaise sandwiches.  Those who have eaten such a delicacy as me, please step forward! P.S. must have been with Duke's mayonnaise.

Sorry bro, but you may well have placed yourself into the 'odd-man-out' category. One last ( unusual for me anyway )  food item, would have to be calamari. It was ordered at a high end restaurant, and I thought it was just fish when placing the request. Nicely golden battered, with a nice lemon-butter sauce, I was relishing the flavor when a person sitting next to me ( this was a banquet of sorts ) asked, "Do you know what you're eating there?" And my reply was, "I assumed it was fish." It was then that I got duly informed, "Oh, no... It's squid!" ( oh dear! ) And further went on to learn calamari was considered to be a 'poor-man's abalone'. So finishing my meal, and trying not to picture in my mind, something that was semi-gelatinous, squishy/stretchy-slimy! Okay, I'm done. God bless! 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

• Haha 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Tigger56 said:

I still haven't had anyone reply to a banana and Duke's mayonnaise sandwich. Surely I'm not the only one to have eaten this?  I'm starting to feel alone here.

I love the turkey baco

Don't eat nanners.  [It's the texture.]

Tried turkey bacon. [found it to be an abomination] LOL!!!

Did eat chocolate chip cookies dipped in spicy ketchup when I was about 16 or so.  It must have been something hormonal. 

• Haha 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

my favorite thing to eat around the time of Easter is a bag of Barch's jellybeans I like the spiced ones, fruit ones,  I also like cooking a ham to eat on Easter Sunday

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

The oddest treat I have endured was a packet of New Hampshire pine sap  tar rolled in corn meal that I once bought when I was a rebellious ten or eleven year old.  Tastes like turpentine and wood chips.  Has the texture of old peanut butter and dried out gummy bears. 

I said to my parents in  our car as I was partaking in those nasty balls of pitch; "Can we go back  to that little store and buy another box?  These are really good!" but I sure was glad dad didn't call me out on that one and  turn the car around to go get one another one. - My mother had told me "Don't buy those you won't be able to eat them." I had said, " sure, sure I will seems like they should really be very good."

What they really tasted like was arrogant rebellious pride being swallowed.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1