• Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,900
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

3 minutes ago, AnOrangeCat said:

but it's not the church's fault

Exactly. Thankyou OrangeCat. The connotation that something is "the church's fault" suggests the false man-made clergy/laity structure rather than the Spirit-led biblical ministry of all believers. I like that line in the song, "What A Friend We Have In Jesus" that says "... Are there trials and temptations, Is there trouble anywhere, We should never be discouraged, Take it to the Lord in prayer."

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,182
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

1 hour ago, Michael37 said:

Exactly. Thankyou OrangeCat. The connotation that something is "the church's fault" suggests the false man-made clergy/laity structure rather than the Spirit-led biblical ministry of all believers. I like that line in the song, "What A Friend We Have In Jesus" that says "... Are there trials and temptations, Is there trouble anywhere, We should never be discouraged, Take it to the Lord in prayer."

Hi Michael,

I`m glad you can distinguish between what man organises and what is an organism by the Holy Spirit - the Body of Christ. When the public meeting takes over the role of the Head of the Body and organises the believer`s spiritual life, then we get unnatural groupings. The Head of the Body however, works through His Holy Spirit bringing people together in a mentoring relationship. We see this in God`s word, and how effective that is, for a more mature one comes along side a younger one in the Lord and helps them to hear the Lord in their daily life. This involves walking with others in their daily lives and not just a smile & hand shake or cuppa after the meeting.

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

Some people as my self adapt to loneliness because their faith is built upon a rock. Not all can endure loneliness but there is only  one who is my strength and friend for ever. I do go through times I'm  troubled but My Lord picks me up so we can walk together.

Yes I shake hands remember names but I am a quiet type. the danger in churches we go to today is tradition. This is why I am not a member. We should be the church everyday spending time in prayer and devotion. " No ye not that ye are the Temple of God and His spirit dwells with in." My favorite verse is from "AS the Deer Panteth " He's my friend and he is my Brother even though you are a King I love you more than any other. We need to understand the we are not the church so much congregationally. I am the church where ever I go. I do have family not far. but they are on the go all the time. I look at my wife's picture everyday and her smile comforts me. She and Jesus are waiting. If I could only go today.

How do I know that Jesus talks to me all the time. You would not believe it.

Be Bless.  

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I feel lonely because i stay at home often and I have not been to church in years. I cannot drive a motor vehicle, i don't have a job, but i go to art class one day a week. I live with my parents and they are retired. I help them out at home, clean up the house. I pray and read the Bible, I try to do this every day. I hate the usually unchristian TV shows, there is so much sin in the world, I wish I could avoid it. I have a large movie dvd collection. I see a psychiatrist and counselor. i was raised in a southern baptist Christian family. My parents are disapointed in right wing republican politics. I talk to my parents. I am not normal, but the Lord gave me other talents to make up for what I do not have. I want to tell others about God's love and mercy, how much Christ loves us to die on the cross, He taught us how to live and healed people. Jesus healed me of my broken heart and helped me to forgive people who hurt my feelings and made fun of me, he taught me about love. 

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Content Count:  13,182
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

6 hours ago, heavensflower said:

I feel lonely because i stay at home often and I have not been to church in years. I cannot drive a motor vehicle, i don't have a job, but i go to art class one day a week. I live with my parents and they are retired. I help them out at home, clean up the house. I pray and read the Bible, I try to do this every day. I hate the usually unchristian TV shows, there is so much sin in the world, I wish I could avoid it. I have a large movie dvd collection. I see a psychiatrist and counselor. i was raised in a southern baptist Christian family. My parents are disapointed in right wing republican politics. I talk to my parents. I am not normal, but the Lord gave me other talents to make up for what I do not have. I want to tell others about God's love and mercy, how much Christ loves us to die on the cross, He taught us how to live and healed people. Jesus healed me of my broken heart and helped me to forgive people who hurt my feelings and made fun of me, he taught me about love. 

Hi heavensflower,

Thank you for sharing and glad you have come to Worthy. You have such a caring heart, sister, to want to share of God`s love, and you can do that right here on these forums. And actually you are doing it right now just by saying about Jesus and His great love for us. You are in the Body of Christ, and as such the Lord works through you too, giving us here encouragement to look to Jesus.

Now often we can look at our lives and what we don`t have. May I suggest you write down all the things you do have and tell the enemy who tries to put you down in your mind that what he is saying is untrue. You are much needed on Worthy, and wherever you are, at home at art class, for your life shows that you do not belong to this negative speaking world, but you belong to Jesus. Keep filling your heart and mind with His words and they will come out here and elsewhere too.

Lovely to meet you, as you sound a very lovely person.

All the best and hope to chat soon. Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

Hi heavens flower, and welcome to Worthy, what a lovely name you are going by, and as Marilyn has so rightly stated, we can see you "blossoming" into a beautiful sweet smelling incense for all to see, God bless. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Thank you very much, Marilyn, for that Godly encouragement. You are very sweet. I used to be into some not so good things while claiming to be a Christian, going to church at the same time made me feel guilty. I read fantasy novels and liked fantasy movies, more than just Harry Potter, I read dragon fantasy novels, with dragons as the heroes. I read some Anne MacCaffrey novels and historical fantasy novels, King Arthur stuff, mythology, magic stuff. I am no longer interested in that. I write my own stories, I'm trying to write realistic stories about God's love. I had a good teacher who taught me about writing stories. Learning about Jesus' parables is very inspiring, I want to teach people like that. I have been drawing Easter pictures of Jesus on the cross and His resurrection.  I like to draw the cross with spring flowers, because Jesus Christ died on the cross and took something that represented a terrible, agonizing painful cruel death for rebellious slaves and made it into something beautiful, a symbol of faith, hope and love, of God's deep amazing love for us, of his grace and sacrifice, his courage and strength, the strength to defy the flesh military, power empire world of Satan and free the ordinary common people as well as the powerful ones. Jesus set me free of the mess I was in. 

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,554
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

Yes. I feel alone at church. Everyone gathers for worship and just leaves.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

I very much enjoy sunday school (adult education). I go to the church service because "that's what you do". 

I get so much teaching from the internet, books and podcasts that I don't really get much out of a sermon. I do play bass for the worship band so that keeps me occupied.