• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Had to look this one up, and one source rated a 94 to be in the average intelligence range. Not really knowing for certain, I suppose one could obtain an AA degree? God bless!

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you for your reply.

I believe an IQ test score of 85-115 is considered to be in the average or normal range.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IQ_classification#Wechsler_Intelligence_Scales

Edited by JesusChristisLord
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Yes they can graduate from a college....   it might take them more time to do so, but it happens every year...

Personally I think common sense is a more desirable thing to have...   and I have close relatives and friends with very high IQ's and practically no common sense at all.

• Brilliant! 1

On 4/18/2019 at 7:51 PM, other one said:

Yes they can graduate from a college....   it might take them more time to do so, but it happens every year...

Personally I think common sense is a more desirable thing to have...   and I have close relatives and friends with very high IQ's and practically no common sense at all.

Thank you.

I believe the most important thing is our salvation through the Lord Jesus Christ. :)

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  11/18/2000

It's important to understand that IQ is measured by a series of tests based on things like pattern recognition and processing speed. It in no means is a way to measure skill. It's also just placed on a bell curve, with 100 always being the mean IQ of a population and 15 as its standard deviation (they've actually had to make the tests increasingly difficult over time to keep 100 as the mean, as people have been getting increasingly higher IQs over the past few decades. Your 94 may have been a 105 or so a couple of decades ago).

If you believe that you have the necessary academic skills to attend a certain college then do that. I'd argue that your ability to adapt to a problem is more important than IQ. Alternatively, if the academics of a traditional University don't work out for you, you could always consider something like a trade school.

People with higher IQs will generally be able to solve problems faster and move through them easier, but that doesn't mean that you can't solve the problems. Work at your own pace, figure out what works best for you and pursue that.

26 minutes ago, Clipper said:

It's important to understand that IQ is measured by a series of tests based on things like pattern recognition and processing speed. It in no means is a way to measure skill. It's also just placed on a bell curve, with 100 always being the mean IQ of a population and 15 as its standard deviation (they've actually had to make the tests increasingly difficult over time to keep 100 as the mean, as people have been getting increasingly higher IQs over the past few decades. Your 94 may have been a 105 or so a couple of decades ago).

If you believe that you have the necessary academic skills to attend a certain college then do that. I'd argue that your ability to adapt to a problem is more important than IQ. Alternatively, if the academics of a traditional University don't work out for you, you could always consider something like a trade school.

People with higher IQs will generally be able to solve problems faster and move through them easier, but that doesn't mean that you can't solve the problems. Work at your own pace, figure out what works best for you and pursue that.

Thanks.

I said "range", not an exact number.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, JesusChristisLord said:

Thank you. On what grounds are you making the statement about college graduation potential for someone with that IQ range and how much longer do you think it may take for someone with an IQ in that range to graduate?

What kind of college and how selective a college do you think a person with that IQ range would be able to handle?

that totally depends on where they went to high school and how much work they did for the first 12 years they were in school....   and how much they intend to put into college.   It depends more on ACT or SAT scores as to which colleges they could attend....   also how much money they can either have or borrow.

An IQ test really doesn't test your intelligence, as much as how much information you can gather and remember in a set period of time. Much too much emphasis is put on IQ scores.  Over achievers show this every day. 

I would like to know why it is important to you.

On 4/18/2019 at 8:52 AM, other one said:

that totally depends on where they went to high school and how much work they did for the first 12 years they were in school....   and how much they intend to put into college.   It depends more on ACT or SAT scores as to which colleges they could attend....   also how much money they can either have or borrow.

An IQ test really doesn't test your intelligence, as much as how much information you can gather and remember in a set period of time. Much too much emphasis is put on IQ scores.  Over achievers show this every day. 

I would like to know why it is important to you.

Thanks.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

When I was a teenager, I was told that in order to get into university, you needed to have an IQ of at least 120 (i.e. well above average). But that was 50 years ago - and university education has changed since then! The UK Government wants at least 50% of young adults to go to university, which means an IQ of 100 would now be sufficient here (at least for some courses).

"University" now covers a much broader range of education than it used to, so a lot depends on what type of course you want to do. But I would have thought that someone with a below-average IQ is likely to find any academic course a bit of a struggle. So why do you want to go to university? Are there no other options that might suit you better?

Have you achieved the necessary grades in your school subjects? If you have, then the IQ test result probably doesn't mean much. If you haven't, then university probably isn't for you. If you go and then find yourself out of your depth, you won't be happy.

Edited by Deborah_