• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

27 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Do not limit yourself to the standards of others, never accept limits placed upon you by "experts". Never stop educating yourself.

My own IQ was first recorded as 128, that number didn't help me a bit. I failed foreign language, took French 1 four times.  I was a failure according to college entry requirements of the time.

Didn't matter God led me to a wife to be and to a career that required a specialty school education which I aced and then passed with high percentile scores two board exams one state  and one national. I then attended community colleges for many years taking courses that interested me ( Law Advertising Marketing Photography ) did that for over fifteen years. Then  learned the hospitality industry and also construction obtaining a State contractors license  and investing. I have had six distinct careers and have found in each a chance to be of good service to others and to support myself and my family.   The point in sharing of that is to emphasize do not let others set limits on you. Accept nothing less than what you want to accomplish as your goal for the day, each and every day. 

Life is a long process, do not let anyone set limits upon your day nor your future days.

Important for you; Read the book "Finish First Winning Changes Everything"  by Scott Hamilton!!!

Thanks. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/19/2019 at 1:14 PM, JesusChristisLord said:

Thank you.

Some careers I do have in mind are jobs such as certified nursing assistant, care worker, or careers in the area of rehabilitation services (e.g. physical therapy aide or assistant). These jobs probably are not exactly high paying though (though I don't think I would mind the job duties of a care worker). Money is not the most important thing, but it is kind of important to me that I would make enough money to make a living and maybe also afford a trip to the hospital emergency room just in case of an emergency. 

My intention is definitely to work with people. :) 

I thought about becoming a nurse as well when I was younger, but I read online that nurses normally had to take on specializations to find work, either that or they typically ended up taking care of old people most of the time (hospice and senior homes). I don't know if the situation has changed since then.

The only trade from trade schools I can think of along those lines is message therapy, which I really don't know if i'd recommend. Your income relies much on return customers, and seeing as it says that you're female, you do get weirdos in there that think a massage therapist is a codeword for a... Well, loose woman. That, and you do have the oddball person that tries to claim sexual harrassment just to try and get money out of you. Not to mention how the job is just rubbing oily, probably hairy people all the time. Not a stable income, unless you're signed on to a busy parlor, and even then, you normally have to forfeit a bit of your wages to the business.

There might be other trades from trade schools out there, though.

Edited by dr3032