On 5/5/2019 at 7:17 AM, Cletus said:

i do not celebrate Easter.  i celebrate resurrection day.  there are no colored eggs to hide or find.  especially ones stained with blood. 

during the week read some passages from the bible about Jesus' ministry, arrest, crucifixion, burial... and of course resurrection.  during that day what ever the reading was on meditate on it.  and on sunday get together with other believers and speak/listen on the resurrection.. or whatever The Spirit has to say.  and above all pray and worship. 

Perhaps we also need to pay attention to WHEN we celebrate, not only WHAT.  We need to put traditional teaching under the microscope to see the flaws and errors so well hidden by UNgodly men of old. The heart of man is not to be trusted Jer 17, nor every spirit.

On 5/7/2019 at 1:23 AM, Betha said:

Perhaps we also need to pay attention to WHEN we celebrate, not only WHAT.  We need to put traditional teaching under the microscope to see the flaws and errors so well hidden by UNgodly men of old. The heart of man is not to be trusted Jer 17, nor every spirit.

Would you like some verses indicating when we celebrate is irrelevant?

26 minutes ago, Billiards Ball said:

Would you like some verses indicating when we celebrate is irrelevant?

I don't think I said it was irrelevant, just the opposite...

'we need to give more attention to it' !

54 minutes ago, Betha said:

I don't think I said it was irrelevant, just the opposite...

'we need to give more attention to it' !

That's why I'm sharing these concepts with you from Romans 14:

Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things.

One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; [a]and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Billiards Ball said:

That's why I'm sharing these concepts with you from Romans 14:

Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things.

One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; [a]and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks. 

would you really say that it is up to man to ESTEEM which day is more important ? If it is up to us WHY WHY  would God tell us to keep HOLY the 7th day of the week ? and not the 1st 2nd, 3rd or whichever ?  so if you 'dont observe it, to the Lord you don't observe it....does that make it OK ? People MISread Paul, he never said it's ok to decide for yourself....he is showing what side your choice puts you on, and it's not on GOD's side if you choose another day from His. Because then Paul also says this 'Be you followers of me as I also follow Christ 1 Cor 11. So - did Paul choose/esteem his own worship day ? why would he tell us to do what he himself did NOT do ? what kind of Apostle would that make him ? a hypocrite and charlatan, yet that is what Christians do ! How confused and deceived they are ! God is very clear about HIS Sabbath day, there is nothing doubtful about it - JESUS kept it !

They are not just weak in the faith -they are disobedient to God, Christ and Paul their Apostle !

Let us not forget that 'Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and for ever'.

Edited by Betha

On 5/10/2019 at 3:44 PM, Betha said:

would you really say that it is up to man to ESTEEM which day is more important ? If it is up to us WHY WHY  would God tell us to keep HOLY the 7th day of the week ? and not the 1st 2nd, 3rd or whichever ?  so if you 'dont observe it, to the Lord you don't observe it....does that make it OK ? People MISread Paul, he never said it's ok to decide for yourself....he is showing what side your choice puts you on, and it's not on GOD's side if you choose another day from His. Because then Paul also says this 'Be you followers of me as I also follow Christ 1 Cor 11. So - did Paul choose/esteem his own worship day ? why would he tell us to do what he himself did NOT do ? what kind of Apostle would that make him ? a hypocrite and charlatan, yet that is what Christians do ! How confused and deceived they are ! God is very clear about HIS Sabbath day, there is nothing doubtful about it - JESUS kept it !

They are not just weak in the faith -they are disobedient to God, Christ and Paul their Apostle !

Let us not forget that 'Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and for ever'.

Yes, Romans says (in the passage quoted!) it IS up to man to esteem which day is important/more important. Yes.

50 minutes ago, Billiards Ball said:

Yes, Romans says (in the passage quoted!) it IS up to man to esteem which day is important/more important. Yes.

So you are saying that GOD's opinion/Will does not matter and WE decide which day to keep holy ? 

Paul was only saying that is what SOME people were doing....not that we should. WE are admonished to 'follow Paul as he followed Christ 1Cor 11v1.....and we all know which Holy day they observed !

Hi Betha,

I've never said God's will does not matter, nor would I ever say such a thing. Why would you say something like that to a born again Christian?

I'm not only a Christian, but a Jew, and I know something about appointed days and times.

Paul says in the same chapter "each person must be convinced [about which days]" and "some eat certain foods, some don't" and "some observe days or food or don't to the Lord" and "do nothing to cause others to stumble". The whole chapter is about harmony and unity above saying Saturday is something different than Sunday or Tuesday.

I worship the Lord 7 days weekly.