• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

@Kenyon

I know and understand what your are saying and it's true we should pray for our needs, ...however I'm in a unique situation, all alone in a third world country without any like-minded brothers to fellowship with.

I have learned to be totally dependent on my Heavenly Father, a part of my morning pray includes that I relinquish my authority of guiding and directing my life to the Holy Spirit's direction, I asked to be filled afresh with the Holy Spirit, that He take His rightful place on the throne of my heart and be the authority in my life and that His will be accomplished, rather than mine, in my daily walk with my Lord.

In so living that way for these many years I have found Father supplies my daily needs without me really asking, ...when my children were born back in the 70's they didn't need to ask me for their daily needs, I just naturally, as a father made sure they had them, ...Jesus said, I being evil know how to give/supply for  my children's needs, how much more my Heavenly Father will give/supply my needs, ...He takes care of my needs which removes the stress and worry about them, so that I can ask Him for the things related to the Kingdom, ...my prayers are for Father to send revival one last time to this island before His Judgement falls on this planet and this island sinks under the South Pacific ocean and for the souls of so many of my wife's family and friends and the multitudes that don't know our Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior, ...for the pastors that feed me the Word online , those in ministry with them and their congregations, missionaries, my friends back in the States, people here at Worthy that ask for prayer and whoever the Holy Spirit brings into my mind that needs to be lifted up before the Throne of Grace, that they may obtain mercy and grace to help them in their time of need. 

But that's me, ...each one of us has to find the path Father has foreordained for us to walk and then allow Him to work it out in our lives.

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Kenyon said:

But do you bookend it with "Dear Father in Heaven" and "In Jesus' name..." and leave it open all day?

OR

Do you make a lot of mini prayers all day?

Not that I think it matters that much, but I usually bookend them.....God knows my mind and heart

Yes....I suppose you could call them  “mini” prayers......whatever the tag, they get max results.....it is not my nature to brag,but for some reason God answers all my prayers....it is uncanny- the modern day chief of sinners ,blessed beyond belief......God bless.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  208
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

The lying enemy has turned the House of Prayer into a den of thieves.

Matthew 21:12-13 King James Version (KJV)

12 And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,

13 And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  56
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

15 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Not that I think it matters that much, but I usually bookend them.....God knows my mind and heart

Yes....I suppose you could call them  “mini” prayers......whatever the tag, they get max results.....it is not my nature to brag,but for some reason God answers all my prayers....it is uncanny- the modern day chief of sinners ,blessed beyond belief......God bless.

wow.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

I don't think there is any right or wrong way to pray it has to do with the atttuide of the heart,  are you sincere when you pray?  are you asking, seeking,  knocking??  Jesus even said continue to ask & you shall receive, seek & you will find,  knock & the door shall be opened,  :)  he also said not to pray the same prayer over & over whinch that verse has always puzzled me,  I have been finding myself lately continueing to ask God for healing for my family,  but I cannot give up :)

Edited by shortangel
way
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, shortangel said:

he also said not to pray the same prayer over & over whinch that verse has always puzzled me, 

May I assume this is the verse you are referring too?

But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.  Matt 6:7

We say the Bible is it's own best commentator, ...here's two examples of what Jesus is talking about:

And they took the bullock which was given them, and they dressed it, and called on the name of Baal from morning even until noon, saying, O Baal, hear us. But there was no voice, nor any that answered. And they leaped upon the altar which was made.  1 Kings 18:26

But when they knew that he was a Jew, all with one voice about the space of two hours cried out, Great is Diana of the Ephesians.  Acts 19:34

That's vain repetitions, ...vain means to be useless, having no results, ...your prayers for your family are not vain, ...in the two verses above, the motive for their prayers was pride and selfishness, ...what is your motive for praying for your family, ...love, ...divine Agape love flowing through and out of you John 7:38, 39, because the Holy Spirit is alive inside of you changing your character and personality and conforming it into the image of Jesus.

Lord bless dear sister...

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

On 4/20/2019 at 9:11 AM, Kenyon said:

Jesus said to pray constantly. I know this doesn't mean to quit work, hole up in a cave and pray without ceasing.

Ben Courson put it like this: "It's like when you're young and on the phone with your girlfriend and you're both

saying 'you hang up, no, YOU hang up' and neither of you hang up, you just stay on the phone not speaking but listening,

and that's enough, just having that connection..."

He also mentioned the Mother Theresa quote when asked what she says to God when she prays: "Nothing. I listen."

Well what does God say? "Nothing. He listens."

SOOOO... the dumb question

I've been taught to start a prayer with "Dear Father in Heaven" and end it with "In Jesus' name, amen."

So over the years if I pray a bunch of little prayers over the day I start and end each one like that, or I have a fear

it will tumble off to the side of the road like a hubcap coming loose.

If I stay in a constant state of ceasless prayer would I start the day with "Dear Father in Heaven" and then just 'stay connected'

over the course of the day and end the day with "In Jesus' name, Amen."?

This sounds almost stupid enough to be a troll question, but it's sincere.

Is there a hard rule for prayer salutations? God will only hear or listen if you start and end each prayer a certain way?

I guess that's it, thanks

Jesus just wants to hear from you. He wants to have a daily personal relationship with you. If you have sinned He wants us to ask for forgiveness. If something is troubling us He wants to give us an inner peace. There is no perfect way to communicate to God. 

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

justpassingthru,  yep that was the verse I was referring to :) thank you for explaning it to me :)

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Praying constantly to me means that our "normal state" is to be mindful and in the presence of God. Obviously sometimes we will be doing things that require our full attention, but when we have a break or some downtime, that is when we go back to the presence of God.

One of the favorite books on this is Practicing the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence. It's a tough read, so I list to it on audio, here's a youtube link for it:

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

Paul says to approach the Throne of Grace with BOLDNESS !