mynickname

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

He told me i am going to heaven, period :) He told me i am saved. But He also told me that not everyone who claims to be a christian is saved. There are people who are convinced that they are saved and that they will go to heaven when they die, but they end up in hell. That is because they were sinners. If you sin you are not saved. Those who sin are of the devil. (1 John 3:8). True christian does not sin. If you sin then you are a slave of sin. Jesus can set a sinner free, so that he does not sin anymore. He set me free. And if you dont have the Holy Spirit, then you dont belong to Him. If someone doesn't have the Holy Spirit, then he is not a christian Jesus told me. He is a false christian.

The best way to find out if you are saved is to ask Jesus and wait for His reply. His sheep listen to His voice (John 10:27). No one else can tell you that you are saved, not a pastor or someone else, only God can tell you. Only He can tell you that He is happy with you. He also told me i MUST NOT sin or i will go to hell. He chastens me if i do something He does not like (hebrews 12:6). It is painful when he chastens me but after it is over i see the fruit of it and a change in me because of it and i am happy and thankful at the end. Jesus is stern and kind.

It is not enaugh to simply believe in Jesus to be saved. You must be righteous, you must not sin and you have to obey the teachings in the bible and when He reveals Himself to you, then you have to obey Jesus also, do whatever He tells you.

So in short, you must not sin (willfully) and you must obey Jesus, do His will.

Jesus said "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven."

God bless you all

• Praying! 3

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

Peter , talking to saved Believers, talked about “ the sins that so easily beset is” .Paul discussed at length about God’s “chastisement” for Believers that persisted in sin. John said “ if we say we have no sin, we call God a liar”. Sin should and will show a decline when you are “ born again”, meaning God has given you a new Spirit as a result of you coming to Him as a lost sinner, with faith in His Son.You will spend the rest of your earthly life in a battle between the New Nature which can not sin, and your old Adamic Nature which still wants to hold on to the pleasures of sin, which are only pleasurable “ for a season”. I have heard it put this way. There is a white dog and a black dog inside you and the one you feed the most will have the dominance in your life.Feed the white dog by staying in God’s Word and becoming a man of faith.I pray that God grant you wisdom in these matters.....you will be in my prayers .God bless.

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Welcome to Worthy, mynickname. Just a little reminder in the Word of God you may have overlooked. Good to have you here. God bless!

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

1 John 1:8-10  If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. KJV

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,146
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Here's God's opinion

1 John 5:13

13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
KJV

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/07/1982

There was an experience I had w/ God. I'd started suffering from demonic possession, and I was in a horrible situation (to put it all very briefly). I chose to give myself to God. I got rid of anything connected to the occult, and threw my radio and tv away, because I didn't want the temptation (to listen to evil music and lust for women) in my cell (and the tv is usually the most valuable thing for an inmate), and I started bawling like a baby because I could finally see the way I'd truly been living despite the fact that God was always protecting me and trying to bring me back.

As small as the sacrifice was in comparison w/ the sacrifices God made for me, God recognized it. I felt His presence. It felt like time stopped, and I could sense how unreal the material world really is (at least, compared to the spiritual). My gaze was directed to a big heap of all of my torn up books and notes, and so on, that I'd been forced to destroy when I was possessed. I actually felt all of my interests, talents, and even desire to engage in those interests and talents disappear. God said,"You've wasted your gifts." I said, "I know, but...," and God cut me off; He said, "No, you've wasted your gifts," and I knew He was right, so I didn't try to justify it anymore. He eventually gave me all of my talents and interests back, He was just letting me know that I am a steward right now, and everything good about me is a gift from God. I didn't see God, but I felt His presence. I was sitting still on my bunk, but inside my soul was trembling; I could sense His awesome power and majesty. Since I'd just been reprimanded by my Creator, and I'd been going through possession before that, I was understandably worried that I might be damned. So I asked, "Am I damned?" God replied, "Do you still accept Yeshua as your personal Lord and Savior?" I said, "Yes," and He said, "Then you're still saved."

So, I can relate to you when you say that God told you you're saved and I agree that not everyone who says they're a Christian truly is (there were multiple periods in my life when I claimed Christianity [and I was truly trying to live it, but I didn't trust God enough to really let Him in my life - I was confused], but I didn't know God till I was 35). And, I can relate to you when you say that God can take your struggles away and change you. I am definitely not the same person I used to be, and God has taught me to love instead of hate, He removed my depression, and He removed my lust (I used to think that was impossible, and it was a main source of my anger towards God before I knew Him).

But sometimes I still backslide (although less than I used to). I believe we should always strive for perfection, as the Word says, for God has given us everything that pertains to godliness. But I haven't met a believer yet who doesn't struggle from time to time. Even Paul, after his conversion, mentioned doing that which he would not, and not doing that which he would. We have to strive for perfection and repent and come back to God as soon as possible when we screw up (and keep God as the Central Pillar of our lives so we don't screw up as much).

I agree that that God can change us and remove our sinful natures (because I've experienced it - before I knew God I'd given up hope in that); unfortunately, it's very hard for believers to choose to allow Him to 100% of the time (and I'm no exception to that, I'm ashamed to admit). But, if we truly repent and ask God's forgiveness, He will forgive us.

When a person knows God, it won't take too long for them to come back to God, because God is doing everything possible to bring them back (and they're no longer dead to the Holy Spirit's promptings), and they feel so sorry for causing God and/or His creations pain after everything He's done for them. So, you can still tell people by their fruits. Even though a believer may make a mistake here or there, they'll still stay on the right path, overall; they'll be climbing, and growing in their relationship w/ God. 

Edited by Co - heir in Christ
Forgot to include something.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

A great testimony of real repentance and faith! You have been immensely blessed!It will be a pleasure to meet you in Paradise......both of us there because of our faith in the Shed Blood Of Christ .....

• Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/07/1982

18 hours ago, Betha said:

Friend !  Tears welled up as I was reading your post . I have sympathy and understanding for what you have told us ! I see a loving humble repentant Heart toward our Saviour who gave His Life for us in order to 'forgive  us sinners and reconcile us back with God our Father. 

I am with you in what you say but more important our SAVIOUR is with all who love and obey Him - the Lord be praised into the highest Heaven for His love ,grace and mercy to us. May He continue to help and comfort you in your predicament....my love , prayers and thoughts are with you too, God bless you abundantly !!!

Thank you for letting me know that you got something out of my post (and the other post as well). It's encouraging to know that my posts are not in vain.

I always feel like I could've done it better, and I never intend to go for so long, but it just comes out how it does.

I've read and enjoyed some of your posts as well, even though I didn't quote them. I actually didn't even know about quoting until now.

I know what you mean about how precious it is when 2 or more like - minded believers come across each other. It is, unfortunately, pretty rare. But, I agree that it's getting better. If God can change me He can change anyone!