Status in heaven?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

On earth, our treasure and joy is in our Lord. 

In heaven, our reward is eternity spent with Him.  But it's apparent that certain believers will be rewarded more than others:

1 Corinthians 3:

12 If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, 13 their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work. 14 If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward. 15 If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved—even though only as one escaping through the flames.

What reward is to be received? I believe in the Parable of the Talents, the reward was more work (they were given more talents to manager), and also to enter into the joy of the Lord. But what about in heaven?

Curious to hear your thoughts. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Who knows?  All I know is what I read in 1 Corinthians 2:9

But as it is written: “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

4 hours ago, jchoy said:

In heaven, our reward is eternity spent with Him.  But it's apparent that certain believers will be rewarded more than others:

1 Corinthians 3:

12 If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, 13 their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work. 14 If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward. 15 If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved—even though only as one escaping through the flames.

What reward is to be received? I believe in the Parable of the Talents, the reward was more work (they were given more talents to manager), and also to enter into the joy of the Lord. But what about in heaven?

Hi jchoy,

The Parable of the Talents has to do with Israel in the millennium, when the rulership of God will be through Israel over the nations.

Now as to the Body of Christ and our reward in eternity, the scripture concerning what we build with, relates to building on the foundation, which is Christ. The Apostle Peter gives more detail - `...through these you may be partakers of the divine nature,..` (2 Peter 1: 4)

Then we read of our inheritance, ruling with the Lord in heaven.

The Reward -   Eternal life in Christ Jesus, ruling as a King Priest.

The Tree of Life.       (Rev.2: 7)

The Crown of Life.   (Rev.2: 10)

The Hidden Manna.   (Rev. 2: 17)

The White Stone.     (Rev.2: 17)

When we shall rule -    In time & eternity.

The Morning Star.     (Rev.2: 28)

Power over the Nations.  (Rev.2: 26 & 27)

Name in the Book of Life.  (Rev.3: 5)

Where we shall rule - Through Christ, in all realms of God`s great kingdom.

Pillar in Temple.   (Rev.3:12)

Name of God, New Jerusalem & Christ`s New name.  (Rev.3:12)

Sit on Christ`s New Throne.  (Rev.3: 21)

If you want the details of all above, then look in the Prophecy section where I posted `REVELATION: Vision 1. The Empowered Son of Man.`

Marilyn.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

6 hours ago, jchoy said:

1 Corinthians 3:

The Bible tells us that some will be rewarded richly for what they did while in their bodies on earth. Some may not even have any rewards. But they will be in heaven. 

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,776
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

6 hours ago, jchoy said:

1 Corinthians 3:

There will be no ill-feeling toward anyone. 

Rev 21:1-4
(1)  And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
(2)  And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
(3)  And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
(4)  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Anything else is a bonus.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 4/22/2019 at 3:34 PM, jchoy said:

1 Corinthians 3:

Don't forget the parable of the workers in the field.

Those who labored most received the same wage as those who labored least.

I imagine the "rewards" and the "crowns" we will receive to throw down at the feet of the Savior

are one and the same.

Eternity with our God is supreme reward enough.

The parables that seem to mete out variations  (to reconcile our feeble worldly minds with the eternal) 

are rendered academic if we give it all away (at the feet of Jesus) no matter what the amounts are.

Matthew 20:1–16 (AV)
1 For the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which went out early in the morning to hire labourers into his vineyard.
2 And when he had agreed with the labourers for a penny a day, he sent them into his vineyard.
3 And he went out about the third hour, and saw others standing idle in the marketplace,
4 And said unto them; Go ye also into the vineyard, and whatsoever is right I will give you. And they went their way.
5 Again he went out about the sixth and ninth hour, and did likewise.
6 And about the eleventh hour he went out, and found others standing idle, and saith unto them, Why stand ye here all the day idle?
7 They say unto him, Because no man hath hired us. He saith unto them, Go ye also into the vineyard; and whatsoever is right, that shall ye receive.
8 So when even was come, the lord of the vineyard saith unto his steward, Call the labourers, and give them their hire, beginning from the last unto the first.
9 And when they came that were hired about the eleventh hour, they received every man a penny.
10 But when the first came, they supposed that they should have received more; and they likewise received every man a penny.
11 And when they had received it, they murmured against the goodman of the house,
12 Saying, These last have wrought but one hour, and thou hast made them equal unto us, which have borne the burden and heat of the day.
13 But he answered one of them, and said, Friend, I do thee no wrong: didst not thou agree with me for a penny?
14 Take that thine is, and go thy way: I will give unto this last, even as unto thee.
15 Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?
16 So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.

Edited by JohnD

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 4/22/2019 at 9:34 PM, jchoy said:

1 Corinthians 3:

The bible isnt totally clear on gifts in heaven, but i can assume from what your quoting, the talents, refer to more responsibility and greater authority.