Heybro

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

One of my devotions this morning, (William MacDonald) which I thought was relevant at this time, which Marilyn C and others observe.

"Let us go forth to Him, outside the camp, bearing His reproach." Hebrews 13:13.

We learn first from this verse that Christ is the gathering centre for His people. We don't gather to a denomination, a church, a building, or a great preacher, but to Christ alone. "Unto Him shall the gathering of the people be" (Gen 49:10). "Gather My saints together to Me, those who have made a covenant with Me by sacrifice" (Ps 50:5).

A second lesson is that we must go to Him outside the camp. The camp here is defined as "the whole earthly religious system adapted to the natural man. "It is the religious sphere in which Christ is dishonoured or downgraded. It is the pagan monstrosity that masquerades today as Christianity, "having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof." Christ is outside, and we must go out to Him.

We also learn that meeting to Christ alone outside the camp involves reproach. It seldom occurs to Christians that there is reproach connected to obedience to the Lord in the matter of church fellowship. More often church associations carry a measure of prestige and status. But the closer we get to to the New Testament ideal, the more likely it is that we will  have to share His reproach. Are we willing to pay that price?

He called me out, the Man with garments dyed, I knew His voice- My Lord, the crucified; He showed Himself, and oh, I could not stay, I had to follow Him,- had to obey. It cast me out-this world when once it found That I within this rebel heart had crowned The Man it had rejected, spurned and slain, Whom God in wondrous power had raised to reign. And so we are without the camp, My Lord and I, But oh, His presence sweeter is than any earthly tie Which once I counted greater than His claim; I'm out, not only from this world, but to His Name.

I tend to think that as we see "the day approaching" that our Lord and Saviour  is causing us to "see Him, as He truly is" and that we should "leave all, and follow Him." What do you think?   Hope this has been helpful, God bless.

• This is Worthy 4

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

4 hours ago, Heybro said:

One of my devotions this morning, (William MacDonald) which I thought was relevant at this time, which Marilyn C and others observe.

"Let us go forth to Him, outside the camp, bearing His reproach." Hebrews 13:13.

Hi Heybro,

Great topic, and more relevant as the Day draws near. I`m also thinking that the importance of going to a meeting will lessen and the gathering of 2`s & 3`s etc will become our focus.

` ...not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together....but exhorting one another, AND SO MUCH THE MORE, as YOU SEE THE DAY APPROACHING.` (Heb. 10: 25)

regards, Marilyn. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1