• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

God does mind blowing experiences today. He is not a hired stuntman. He does not do parlor tricks at command of an audience. He is God.

What He may have be done to call out a person into turning away from their rebelion against  Him can be very mind blowing, very emotional, and very humbling to the person called to their salvation.

It was absolutely stunning to me when it happened, I didn't want it, I didn't seek it. Didn't matter, God answers prayer, and my grandmother had prayed for me to her dying day. God called me to turn about to my repentance from my rejection of His existence, long after her death, but it was always a completed deal from before time itself it was completed. God answered, doing so at His good timing, and to serve His good purposes. He answers prayer. He answered my Grandmother's prayer. He is God..

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 3

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

I was an atheist, previously. Kind of bounced around a bit before I found Christianity, or I guess, it found me. I would seek out people online and mock them for ther beliefs. I even still have a book report I wrote in high school where I needlessly included a lot of my views at the time, and it makes me cringe. I believed science was the absolute truth, rather than the search for it. You name it.

Have faith. If it is meant to be, then he will come around in whatever way it may be. I would include more, but the other posters have pretty much covered it.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

Complete unbelievers get saved all the time. After all, that is how we all appear to start out. That said, my wife and I were not believers until I gave my life to Christ in 1981. She followed, and we went to the same church for about 16 years. But she was not really in to it in the end and I learned something from this that I'll get into later...

Anyway, the result was that she divorced me in '98, freeing me to find a Christian wife. And I did in 1998 (He works fast). We've been in bliss I never thought was possible before, ever since.

Regarding the first marriage, I followed the bible instructions to stick with the unbeliever, but allow them to leave if they so choose. and that is exactly what happened.

And the thing I learned: It's easy to spot a Christian woman in church who's husband is an unbeliever because he's probably not there. But if the husband is a believer and the wife is not, it is quite common for both of them to be there and "professing", especially if they have kids. It's a cultural thing, I believe. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  459
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

Thank you so much for the fantastic replies everyone. Your responses are so valued.

Thank you 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79

On 4/23/2019 at 7:39 AM, Thewhitedove said:

Has anyone ever known a complete unbeliever to get saved? I mean someone with absolutely zero capacity for faith in the unseen? I pray for my husband every day but I feel like its not enough. Why would God make someone with a mindset that only believes in the concrete evidence in front of their eyes? 

Shalom Thewhitedove,

Yes! I know of someone personally!

This guy was a total atheist. He didn't mind anyone being a Christian but he didn't want to be witnessed to and thought the faith was just something for vulnerable people with broken hearts.

His wife became a believer and he still held up a wall.  He was supportive and understanding, but the wife was pretty scared that he would never become a believer.  The wife kept praying about the matter though and I believe with others.

One day, when the guy was out at a bar drinking, he said he felt almost like a presence behind him and and hand touch him on the shoulder.  He looked around and saw no one but as quickly as he turned, he believed! He can't really describe why, but he just knew in that instant it was all true.

That man and his wife are now running church programs and may even being doing missionary work in the Middle East soon!

I hope that story encourages you.  Never give up and never stop praying.  Remember, Yahweh's timing is different and more perfect than ours, so don't give up hope and faith. "With God all things are possible"

Love & Shalom 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  459
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

Such wondeful responses. Thank you!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

On 4/23/2019 at 1:39 AM, Thewhitedove said:

Has anyone ever known a complete unbeliever to get saved? I mean someone with absolutely zero capacity for faith in the unseen? I pray for my husband every day but I feel like its not enough. Why would God make someone with a mindset that only believes in the concrete evidence in front of their eyes? 

Any ideas or suggestions? 

A number of years ago, the interim pastor of our church gave his testimony.  I've forgotten most of the details.  He grew up Catholic and became a die-hard atheist (as he described himself) and his wife was a nominal Catholic.  They'd been married many years when she got saved.  He was mad about it and at times actively hostile and wanted nothing to do with it.   Ultimately, it was the observable changes in her over time that affected him the most and lead to him opening himself up to spiritual things.  It took years for this to happen.