• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,559
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi all, did you also receive this unsolicited ad  via e-mail from Tesla advancing Earth Day celebration? See below. I have commentary of my own to follow; how about you?
Every year, over one billion people in 193 countries celebrate Earth Day and the promise of a clean planet.
To celebrate, we are featuring our owners around the world.
63ca7fcd-d2cf-4972-b626-c50efb6de2e5.jpg
Our owners have driven over 10 billion electric miles, supported by a global network of over 12,800 Supercharging stations.
This is the same as preventing emissions from hundreds of thousands of ICE vehicles, while saving the equivalent of over 75 million gallons of gasoline.
006a987f-44e5-4039-94d8-748d84364b89.jpg
Energy installations have produced over 13 Terawatt-hours of 100% clean energy – enough to supply the annual residential electricity consumption for the entire state of Connecticut. 
Join us in a commitment to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and experience a zero-emissions lifestyle.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,559
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

While I marvel at some of the absolutely incredible utilization of technology that returns space "ships" intact for reuse and I would love to have  Tesla Electric vehicle that just hauls, with rubber peeling ability everywhere I go, I wonder about the near worship of a mother earth and earth day  promotion. For never giving credit to God for it all.

In one of the images  in the ad a home charging station  is shown  and a garage with a solar panel roof to fill the storage battteries to fill the car's batteries. All really cool stuff. Love it.

But as I drive my gasoline car, after having previously owning an electric hybrid, past the vast scars known as solar panel electricity generating facilities I wonder of the adversity of them. They displace life forms, grasses, and replace it with black hard surfaces that absorb heat and also increase temperature of the immediate areas around them. Isn't that causing global heating? ???

I am all for multiple resources being developed for use by all of us. I just wonder though, how can  one say it comes free of consequence, free of exchange one benefit at the expense of loss of another? Huge heat producing scars black as asphalt cut into the formerly beautiful hills of trees and fields of grasses, how can that be called free energy? Life was sacrificed to make room for those solar panels was it not?  Aren't those new acres of blackness a dead  field? And did not the former life that was there before the black came to be placed there instead, make clean air? Seems to me the electricity from such panels does not come free at all.

Celebrate  a so called "mother earth" by killing vegetation and planting fields of black absorbing  and transmitting heat  masses just doesn't seem to be a free clean resource to me. I think the price paid needs to  be in the calculation of the benefit, and not just  a declaration made of it is free stuff, free of consequence and of a price to pay for it.  

As the saying  goes and seems to hold up "nothing is free 'cept butterflies". And even they are suffering greatly today.

Some advocate the marvels of science, but often they over sell as they just don't seem to want to factor in all the substantial expense of the so called improvement science does make.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

I've never understood the celebration of Earth Day,  but I know I've heard evangelist billy graham mention that we are partialy responsible to clean up the environment,  i know that recyleing is a good thing like bottles & plastic bags but i don't know about saveing the whales because God created them & he can take care of them

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

In arizona, we have a lot of solar farms, where there are large areas of solar panels for the various utilities. 

They tend to set themselves on fire too. There was a fire just this past week at a solar energy storage facility that injured 8 firefighters.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Time to worship the creator and not creation .      The reason the world is in the shape it has been in and gets worse

is simply this ,  Show the back to GOD and what does it expect , BLESSINGS ,   I say not .    

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  56
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I am SO TOTALLY FOR celebrating the earth and her deadly forest fires, floods, tornados,

earthquakes, hurricanes, tsunamis, and mudslides. :unsure:

Never understood the 'we're harming the fragile earth' people. We actually need

to get in a few more shots at her before she kills more people. (sprays aerosol at sun)

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  56
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

6 hours ago, Neighbor said:

While I marvel at some of the absolutely incredible utilization of technology that returns space "ships" intact for reuse and I would love to have  Tesla Electric vehicle that just hauls, with rubber peeling ability everywhere I go, I wonder about the near worship of a mother earth and earth day  promotion. For never giving credit to God for it all.

In one of the images  in the ad a home charging station  is shown  and a garage with a solar panel roof to fill the storage battteries to fill the car's batteries. All really cool stuff. Love it.

But as I drive my gasoline car, after having previously owning an electric hybrid, past the vast scars known as solar panel electricity generating facilities I wonder of the adversity of them. They displace life forms, grasses, and replace it with black hard surfaces that absorb heat and also increase temperature of the immediate areas around them. Isn't that causing global heating? ???

I am all for multiple resources being developed for use by all of us. I just wonder though, how can  one say it comes free of consequence, free of exchange one benefit at the expense of loss of another? Huge heat producing scars black as asphalt cut into the formerly beautiful hills of trees and fields of grasses, how can that be called free energy? Life was sacrificed to make room for those solar panels was it not?  Aren't those new acres of blackness a dead  field? And did not the former life that was there before the black came to be placed there instead, make clean air? Seems to me the electricity from such panels does not come free at all.

Celebrate  a so called "mother earth" by killing vegetation and planting fields of black absorbing  and transmitting heat  masses just doesn't seem to be a free clean resource to me. I think the price paid needs to  be in the calculation of the benefit, and not just  a declaration made of it is free stuff, free of consequence and of a price to pay for it.  

As the saying  goes and seems to hold up "nothing is free 'cept butterflies". And even they are suffering greatly today.

Some advocate the marvels of science, but often they over sell as they just don't seem to want to factor in all the substantial expense of the so called improvement science does make.

It should be noted that before industry and tech made cleaning up even better, like in the early AD periods the earth was a quagmire

of sewage and filth. 

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,016
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,292
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

I don't celebrate Earth Day, however I think it's good to recycle, don't litter, have electric or hybrid cars if you can afford one to reduce pollution.   Solar power sounds good but of course I don't know much about it.   Wind power sounds good.   I love animals so if any are in danger of extinction, it's good to place a limit or a ban on killing them.   Just my thoughts...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

All I think of whenever Earth Day rolls around is Ira Einhorn.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ira_Einhorn

A fanatical hippie who murdered his girlfriend and claimed to play a part in creating and launching the event known as "Earth Day". Other event goers deny this, but in my opinion, it's probably just to try and seperate themselves from him. It was still started by a number of counterculture, anti-establishment hippies. 

I believe part of man's existence is acting as a steward for the environment. We are to keep it in a balance, both destroying and growing. However, this should be a thing all the time, not just a day out of the year. I don't buy into enviromental issues quite so much; I don't believe in global warming (which is not the same as climate change, per say) and I think a number of the figures and statistics thrown about are either paid for or deeply exaggerated. I don't discourage the search for other uses of resources (or conservation of resources), but I do agree that nothing comes without a price.

Electricity is... Not the best solution in my opinion, either. I don't really see much else going on as far as other solutions, though. Who knows, maybe we'll have to hook up sails to our cars someday. Or maybe install some bicycle pedals instead. Better yet, do like the Flintstones do and leg it. 

Edited by dr3032

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

I celebrate earth day every year. I dig a hole to show her who's boss.

• Haha 1
  • Loved it! 1