douge

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

Romans 1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

1:2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)

1:3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

1:4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

1:5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

Paul preached the gospel of God. Paul was called to be the apostle to the Gentiles (1 Timothy 2:7).

The gospel of God is the progressive revelation found in the scriptures that reveal salvation. The gospel of God starts in Genesis 3:15. The gospel of God reveals that Jesus, according to the flesh, is of the seed of David and that the resurrection declares him to be the Son of God. The gospel of God reveals the obedience to the faith for the name of Jesus.

1 Peter 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Peter also preached the gospel of God.

John 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Israel was to believe on the name of Jesus for eternal life; they were to believe that Jesus was the Christ, the Son of God (John 20:31 1 John 3:23).

Israel did not receive Jesus; Israel, outside of a small believing remnant, did not receive him as their King, the Messiah, the Son of God (Romans 9:27).

Acts 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

Peter was preaching Jesus as the Son of God by his resurrection according to the gospel of God.

Acts 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Peter was preaching that David spoke of Jesus as being of his seed and spoke of the resurrection of Jesus according to the gospel of God.

Acts 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Peter is preaching the remission of sins through the name of Jesus according to the gospel of God.

Acts 9:20 And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.

After the conversion of Paul, he went to the synagogues and preached Jesus is the Son of God according to the gospel of God (Acts 9:20). The first passage in the epistle of Romans is likewise the gospel of God.

Acts 13:33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

Paul is preaching that Jesus by his resurrection is the Son of God according to the gospel of God.

Acts 17:3 Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

Paul is preaching the resurrection according to the gospel of God. Paul is preaching that Jesus is Christ, which Israel did not receive.

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Paul preached his gospel, which was revealed only to Paul by Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:12). Paul preached Jesus, not only by the gospel of God, but by the mystery. The mystery was not found in the scriptures. The mystery was not revealed to Peter nor did Peter preach it.

Romans 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Paul preached Jesus Christ by the mystery now made manifest (Romans 16:25); Paul also preached Jesus Christ by the scriptures (Romans 16:26).

Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

Paul preached below the gospel revealed to him by Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Jesus's death and resurrection could be found in the scriptures, but that it would provide atonement and justification freely to all who believed was not (Romans 3:24).

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

The law and the prophets revealed the righteousness of God apart from the law (Jeremiah 23:6 Isaiah 43:25 Habakkuk 2:4).

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

But now is manifest the righteousness of God by faith of Jesus Christ.

All that God required for Israel for eternal life was to believe on Jesus as their Messiah, and believe that he is the Son of God.

Peter was not given the revelations that Paul received. Peter was not preaching another gospel; Peter was preaching the gospel of God, as was Paul, and that Jesus died for the remission of sins committed by Israel under the first testament (Hebrews 9:15). Peter was preaching Jesus as the mediator of the new testament to Israel. Peter and Paul were both preaching the gospel of God, but were not preaching the same gospel. Revealed to paul was the full revelation of the atoning death on the cross and the justification provided by the resurrection, unto all who will believe.

Paul was an able minister of the new testament (2 Corinthians 3:6) but did not preach the new testament for the body of Christ. To understand the mystery, we need to understand the new testament and the idenity of Jesus, by the gospel of God, to comprehend what Jesus accomplished on our behalf by his atoning death and resurrection.

• This is Worthy 1