douge

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

Mark 4:11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

A mystery is something that is hidden. Jesus was speaking to his twelve disciples saying it was unto them that the meaning of the parables would be given. The parables concerned the kingdom of God.

The kingdom of God consists of a heavenly kingdom and an earthly kingdom (Ephesians 1:10). Jesus spoke in parables of the earthly kingdom; the prophetic Davidic kingdom on earth promised believing Israel (Revelation 5:10 Luke 1:32).

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Paul spoke of a mystery as well, however, the mystery he spoke of is not the same mystery of the kingdom spoken of in the parables; In fact, Paul spoke of more than one mystery.

Some of the mysteries Paul revealed are:

1) The gospel that Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose again (1 Corinthians 15: 1-4).

2) The church, the body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:27).

3) The Gentiles are in the body (Ephesians 3:6).

Ephesians 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

The revelations of the mystery was given to Paul by Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:12).

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

Paul wanted all to see the fellowship between Jew and Gentile which is found in Christ by the church, wherein both are made one new man (Ephesians 2:15), a new creature (2 Corinthians 5:17).

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

On 4/26/2019 at 9:52 AM, douge said:

as I wrote afore in few words

That's an oxymoron. :emot-nod: In the days before internet.. the days of writing letters to family or friends.. or in these days of internet articles.. has anyone ever written such "few words" as the apostle Paul? By comparison, the epistle Philemon is "few words".

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

35 minutes ago, Joulre2abba said:

That's an oxymoron. :emot-nod: In the days before internet.. the days of writing letters to family or friends.. or in these days of internet articles.. has anyone ever written such "few words" as the apostle Paul? By comparison, the epistle Philemon is "few words".

I'm confused....   are you calling the bible scripture an Oxymoron?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

16 hours ago, other one said:

I'm confused....   are you calling the bible scripture an Oxymoron?

Oxymoron: A contradiction.

I've already given the explanation : concerning the apostle Paul writing his epistles "in few words".

My post was written in a lighthearted attitude.. meaning, I thought Paul saying that to be somewhat funny. Like.. Paul, you've got to be kidding right?.. "few words"..? :24:

• Thumbs Up 1