• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 4/27/2019 at 1:50 PM, Ryan2203 said:

How can I be closer to the lord? And really feel his presence when I pray and in my everyday life?

Hi, May I add to the advice given  by many to be reading the word of God, that reading with prayer and with thinking along with action too  is done to the glory of God? 

I do not know so much about the idea of sitting back and waiting on the Lord stuff as mostly I find if I sit back I just become lazy in the Lord.

Personally I need to be at it, doing something, even if it is just a rote something. When I am busy the word of God comes to mind. I see application of God's word unfolding upon me and I do get  a lead from God,  and perhaps a correction,  or sometimes even a vision of what I am to proceed onto, or stop doing. But if I just sit waiting on the Lord, I simply lose time I could have been activly serving my creator. He has given me a post to tend. God has not given me a couch to lay  upon at that post.

If sitting and or waiting upon the Lord having no personal goal(s) works for others, then fine for them. I just  feel led to state that is not the way God has worked me. He seems more likely to share from His word in the Bible to me - What are you doing sitting in the middle of the day when you could be getting to work in my vineyards? There is no need for you to be sitting, it is the middle of the day.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

. Doubled post

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/07/1982

Show love and compassion to others as much as possible, for love covers a multitude of sins.

Forgive others always, and don't look down on others.

Pray w/out ceasing, as Paul said. Keep a joyful tune to the Lord in your heart. Stay away from negativity, or sinful entertainment.

Get rid of anything in your life (e.g., actions, habits, objects or pursuits,etc.) that's contrary to God's Word. "Touch not the unclean thing and I will receive you" (might not be verbatim).

Study the Word as much as possible. At least once a day; it is spiritual food. Meditate on it.

Give all your cares and baggage to God - He WANTS you to. He's God, you're not going to overwhelm Him, and He's already paid for it all. He can take any sinful struggle away.

Call out to Him, and trust that He'll respond. Trust Him completely in everything; rely on Him for everything. He is our strength - our Rock. Realize that w/out Him we can do nothing.

Dedicate every thought and deed to Him. Make Him the central pillar of your life. 

Praise Him always, and always thank Him for everything, even things you'd normally view as trivial. God really respects a thankful heart, and we take so much of His amazing grace for granted.

Even though you're saved, still, every morning put on the whole spiritual armor of God, and invite the Holy Spirit into your life again, to take the reins to every aspect of your life for that day. Banish any demons that may be around you by the Name and Blood of Yeshua/Jesus.

Ask God to put people in your path who you can help. Ask Him to remove any blockages you still may have to the free flow of His Holy Spirit - any strongholds and fortifications the enemy might've built up in your mind before you came to God.

Witness to others whenever you get the chance - "He that gathereth not, scattereth." When you're actively doing God's work, He'll really shower you w/ blessings. Always stand for Him, no matter how others view you for it.

Seek His guidance constantly. Really try to hear what He's trying to say to you. He's always calling to us, always trying to teach us something, but it can be hard to hear Him at first because we let the devil's attacks drown out God's voice, and God is too loving and respectful to just usurp our will.

Sometimes God does speak to people w/ His voice (although you have to test the spirits), but He'll often speak in subtler ways. One of the most common ways He'll speak is through coincidences that can't be coincidences (I don't even believe in coincidence), or what some call "synchronicity." He'll often communicate through other people, your enviornment, your conscience, your intuition, etc. But, w/ all of this you have to have spiritual discernment, too, as the enemy tries to disrupt and/or corruptly counterfeit everything God does.

If you're in a stressful situation, don't just give in to negative moods or thoughts. Realize that, simultaneously, the enemy is attacking you, and God is presenting you with a lesson/opportunity for new growth.

Remember that you are not your own. You are the temple of the One True Living God. If you lust for someone, it's as if you've thrown bricks through the windows (your eyes) of God's house (as just one example), so repent as soon as you've realized you've screwed up, no matter how many times you have to repent a day, and do your best not to grieve the Holy Spirit anymore.

But, while you should have a contrite heart, don't hate yourself - you are God's redeemed creation. Try to see everyone, including yourself, through God's eyes and not your own.

Reflect often on the incredible things God has done, for everyone and for you, now and throughout history.

Remember that God is both the Lord of the Universe (and thus we must fear the Lord), and He also wants to know us intimately, as our "Abba," "dad(dy)." Try to balance these perceptions of Him. He deserves our UTMOST respect, but He's also our closest Friend and Confidante.

Praying in tongues REALLY helps me. It's an incredible connection. I don't know what I'm saying, but it's EXACTLY what needs to be said, and it really refreshes me spiritually.

Set time time aside for God every day. I try my best to give God every second of my life (and I fail miserably, but He's building me up), but the 3 main times I try to devote to God are: morning (right after I wake up), noon (the center of my day, since He's the center of my life), and night (my down time before going to bed).

I'm sure you already knew a lot of this, but I wanted to be thorough since I've no way to know where you're at.

You're seeking to know God better, so it will happen - just stay on that right track.

One thing I forgot: try not to ever look at serving/obeying God as a burden, or wearisome chore - it is our reasonable and due service, and our honor and wonderful privilege (by God's grace).

We've been called to be set apart as holy vessels of God's Holy Spirit, and beacons to show the world His glory.

There will be trials and temptations, But He's also the God of Peace, and it's a much more fulfilling life.

Edited by Co - heir in Christ
Forgot to include something.
  • Loved it! 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  53
  • Birthday:  04/07/1982

11 hours ago, nzkev said:

Did you just come up with all that off the top of your head? well done

Thank you, but I can't really take credit. God's blessed me w/ a lot of good foundational knowledge, experience, enlightening Christian literature, fellow Christians who've taught me a lot, and even then, it's the Holy Spirit who gives me words to say in the moment.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  159

Amen and thank you, just what I needed to read ? 

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

Yes there are the well known all advised ways to become closer to God. But the truth is, nobody can advise, and that is exactly why Christ spoke only in parables. Ddid Jesus give all of those advices, how to be closer to God, as described in the Epistles ? No that is a fuller example, but that will not take anyone closer to God. The thki ngs that were never told before, are told by Christ, these teach the righteousness of Heaven, that is why they are there, that is why no Apostle added to them or gave any other parable.

Isaiah 52:15 So shall he sprinkle many nations; the kings shall shut their mouths at him: for that which had not been told them shall they see; and that which they had not heard shall they consider.

Matthew 13:34 All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them:

Matthew 13:35 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

Mark 4:11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:
12 That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.

Now, if I did know the correct way, I would advise immediately stop asking people the way. Next, the way itself, that few find, it is where nobody else goes, so narrow and straight, such belief and trust in God beyond yourself and anyone else, so that you know God is right, and we are not, even the answer the disciples returned to Jesus, they had nowhere else to go, because God is right or we have no hope. A little child finds the way, that the adults do not know, the adults think they know, but the child knows better, and quickly can sense they are not telling the truth, even though it sounded so true. The sheep hear not the thieves and robbers, ALL THAT EVER CAME BEFORE CHRIST ARE THIEVES AND ROBBERS, so you see they cant tell you the way, and you know they cant when they try to show you they can. That is all I will say, and really the question and answers exposed more proof of who is here when there is no faith on earth...

Luke 13:23 Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,
24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.
28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.
29 And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.
30 And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last.

John 10:8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

Luke 18:8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Mark 10:15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

Matthew 18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 18:4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Isaiah 11:6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.
9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  50

Thank you everyone for your Answers.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On 4/27/2019 at 12:50 PM, Ryan2203 said:

How can I be closer to the lord? And really feel his presence when I pray and in my everyday life?

Give God more of your time and all of your thoughts.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

Find a promise of God and act on it....especially if it takes courage to do so.....strive to be a “ hero of faith”

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

14 minutes ago, Betha said:

Nice post I agree with. But how many STOP working the moment they accept Jesus ? Trad Christians are taught NOT to work as that negates their salvation /grace....for in accepting Jesus they are already 'born again and perfect.

That is what I see in most of the posts on forum...and any change necessary just flows from them naturally. So i ask myself - why is there so much SIN still openly seen and perpetrated among supposedly HOLY Perfect people ? Imagining yourself already perfect/born again WHY would you want to change ? in fact they openly RESIST it and call those bad names who would open their eyes to Gods Truth.

The warning today is to 'now it is high time to wake up out of sleep, for now is our salvation nearer than when we (first) believed'. Yet all this time (could be years) people have claimed to be already saved. Scripture says salvation is coming'.Rom 13v11.   Or Eph 5v14 'AWAKE from sleep and arise from the dead'.....for false beliefs render us dead.

All this 'instant everything' people have fallen for is a deadly trap ....true 'some things are instant, but not everything....we must be DISCERNING.

Paul said that we are “ saved for good works”.Of course everyone is aware that James said “ faith without works is dead” We must make sure that we don’t put the cart before the horse .Good works do not get or keep us saved....they just naturally flow from a regenerated heart.

The reason for all of the sin you see is because nobody is Holy.God considers us Holy if we put our faith in His Son.The born again person has two natures once He Is saved .The old man that loves to sin and the new man who can not sin.it is a life time battle and sometimes the old man wins and it is evident for the world to see.

We are saved the instant that we believe in Jesus alone for our Salvation.Other things take a lifetime.

Why change if we are seen as perfect in the eyes of God?The Holy Spirit shows us the folly of disobedience and the Wisdom Of Trusting God . When God changes the inside of the cup, it shows.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1