• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, BorderCowboy said:

I don't know if it'strollin' or what. i believed forums were to speak your piece, maybe a friendly debate, but lately I'm gettin' liberal panty twists comin' at me sideways! Not cool in my book, n I've been bitin' my tongue bout, which ain't me. So anounced now, I will no longer go on forums.

deleted by Joulre2abba

Edited by Joulre2abba
-

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

13 hours ago, BorderCowboy said:

I don't know if it's trollin' or what. i believed forums were to speak your piece, maybe a friendly debate, but lately I'm gettin' liberal panty twists comin' at me sideways! Not cool in my book, n I've been bitin' my tongue bout, which ain't me. So announced now, I will no longer go on forums.

I hear ya loud and clear - but if you leave then "they" win. They'll be able to continue speaking their piece without anyone to refute them, and other believers here need to hear (or see) those views against scripture being refuted. The liberals (and everyone else) need the gospel first and foremost - because only Jesus can change a heart. Our behavior only changes after that most important change of heart. Sometimes I have trouble remembering that myself when I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall.

Keep your eyes on the Lord and not the "panty twists."  We had a saying in my first recovery group years ago: People can't drive you nuts if you don't give 'em the keys!  :laugh:

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

boarder cowboy i'm sorry that you have been feeling this way about these forums,  I can kind of relate I almost left over a post that I had written but I didn't because I like these forums & the fellowship here,  I don't respond to all the posts either although I try to,  God bless you if you decide to leave or stay

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

14 hours ago, BorderCowboy said:

I don't know if it'strollin' or what. i believed forums were to speak your piece, maybe a friendly debate, but lately I'm gettin' liberal panty twists comin' at me sideways! Not cool in my book, n I've been bitin' my tongue bout, which ain't me. So anounced now, I will no longer go on forums.

Border Cowboy from TOMBSTONE Arizona, ...you got more TRUE GRIT than that, so you got bucked off once, ...that didn't' stop you from gittin' back in the saddle again, ...not a Jarhead, ...but I don't believe in leaving anyone behind, ...we need you, Worthy needs you, ...and the Body of Christ here needs you, you have place here that only you can fill!

Lord bless 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

It seems to me that if anyone disagrees with a conservative ideal or is not on the Trump train, they are automatically label a liberal. Rather they are one or not. I thought Worthy was about being a Christian. Not what political side you are on? 

• This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

6 hours ago, other one said:

if you leave who's going to help us set Liberals strait...

Our  real goal should be to show the world the way to Christ. Not what political party they should be in. 

• This is Worthy 2

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,554
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

It seems to me that if anyone disagrees with a conservative ideal or is not on the Trump train, they are automatically label a liberal. Rather they are one or not. I thought Worthy was about being a Christian. Not what political side you are on? 

Right.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

Our  real goal should be to show the world the way to Christ. Not what political party they should be in. 

I am  not talking about politics

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

22 hours ago, BorderCowboy said:

Isn't it our purpose to enlighten those who are mislead?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.71

10 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

Isn't it our purpose to enlighten those who are mislead?

I would say that we are to be lights unto the world, and speak if necessary. Some here appear to have the desire to preach to the ones who already believe in the Lord Jesus. Discussion is fine and the sharing of beliefs and new ideas are good. Sharing concepts, intriguing thoughts or challenging questions can be iron sharpening iron.  But there is something wrong with the concept that within this forum some feel it necessary to enlighten the rest of us in their own pride. Some become angry, some become so self righteous and puffed up with their own "rightness" that they attempt to browbeat others and desire to have heated debate rather than discussion. I found myself pulled into that when I posted the definition of legalism and still so many will not let it go. They have to quote "win" the argument and can never accept "let's agree to disagree". I am not here to convert others. I have hope that my posts strengthen and help others, not to correct everyone's path. If correction needs to be done, I believe the Lord is quite capable of this. Even today, I noticed another post under theology about legalism and the person made their own definition of what legalism is and probably felt really good about it.  I am saddened by these to me arrogant posts and do find myself with Border Cowboy of being about ready to stop.