IGNORED

What makes you carry on carrying the cross on the narrow road ?

R. Hartono

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

On 4/28/2019 at 3:32 AM, R. Hartono said:

God doesnt promise us wealth, security, protection, abundancy, just look at the end of those apostles.

What makes you continue carrying the cross on the narrow road ? Dont you suffer  ? How do you suffer and carry on ?

What can this world give me that is better then Jesus?  Everything it has given me can be take away. But nothing will ever take my Jesus. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

I was never too good at quotin' chapter an verse, but I do recall readin' that God will not burden us with more than we can handle. Sufferin' is just a part of life while we are here, but knowin' I will not be crush'd by burdens gives me comfort because I know my Lord an Savior is right there with me. Just my two bits, JJ

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/07/1982

Even w/ the trials and tribulation, my life is indescribably better than it ever was before I knew God. Plus, when I suffer, it's my own fault - "Let it never be said that man is tempted of God." And, when God delivers me from a trial, He always explains why He allowed me to go through it (what He wanted me to learn), and, I emerge from that trial much closer to God than I was before, which more than compensates for the pain of the trial.

The Creator of all that is wants to be my Friend and adopted Father, and He's already sacrificed His Perfect Only begotten Son for my hideous sins - how could I ever refuse Him?

He freed me from a lifetime of slavery, and gave me a peace I never would have thought possible. I used to hate this life, and I saw no meaning in it, but God has filled my life w/ the highest meaning and purpose.

He put up w/ all of my pride, and all of the pain I put Him and His other creations through, and then He erased all of that filth, and instead of chucking me into the cosmic garbage for what I'd let myself become (and He would have had the right), He gave me new life, and poured blessings on me.

Plus, everything I do I do not only for me, but for everyone around me. If I were to forsake Christ (God forbid) just for material gain (dirt, if you really think about it), I'd be helping the enemy (who's been torturing me and trying to kill me my whole life, and who's been torturing and killing my family members and friends, etc.) to lead countless souls to the pit.

Even w/ whatever material "pleasures" I received, I'd be miserable, because I wouldn't have God, and I'd have hell to look forward to after that.

God revealed enough to me that I know the truth of His Word. I refuse to love a lie so I can be wicked and lead others to slavery, including those closest to me.

God'll get me through anything I face. What's a little more pain if it aids God's perfect redemptive plan, and leads more people to God. And, there's comfort w/ that pain, as God will never leave me, and even periods w/ absolutely no pain, which is impossible in a life w/out God.

Before I knew God, I said a lot of prideful things. I spoke a lot of foolishness even against God. God's explained my whole life to me - why I went through the things I went through. He's given me enough knowledge that I'd have no excuse except cowardice if I forsook Him. How could I ever look myself in the mirror? Before I knew God I'd say to Him, "If only you'd do 'such and such' for me, I'd be fine." Well, God's given me everything I need, so it's time to put my money where my mouth is.

I simply refuse to be such a worthless, disgusting, degenerate coward that I would refuse my Lord and Savior - after He's shown me that He's perfectly loving, merciful and just (and that He's always been w/ me) - just because the enemy (who's already stolen the first half of my life, and murdered my brother, etc.) has offered me dirt, slavery, misery and eternal damnation.

I'll take any trials this world can offer  (w/ a relationship w/ God), over every material thing the devil offers (and my relationship w/ God, integrity, worth, courage, peace, happiness, meaning, and salvation all forfeited).

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/07/1982

13 hours ago, Betha said:

Nice post friend and honest, describes just about all of us . If I may just pick up on one point it would be -

God is not our 'adopted' Father  but our REAL Father WHEN we are BEGOTTEN of Him by HIS SPIRIT  Jas 1v18,. Very much like a Human Father begets/fathers his own child....difference being HUMAN reproduction by sex -GODLY reproduction by SPIRIT...producing the NEW man/creation/creature  we must become to live as SPIRIT with HIM in all Eternity....GOD IS SPIRIT Joh 4v24.

Not only are we being REnewed in the spirit of our Mind Eph 4v23, we will also receive a NEW Body when we are 'born again in a resurrection from the dead with power Phil 3v21;  Rom 1v4....Yashua being the Firstfruit, our elder Brother, our living walking Example....to whose image we are being conformed Rom 8v29; also Eph 1v12,  13.

Eye has not seen nor ear heard what God/Father has in store for those who Love Him ! 

Thank you, and, "Hallelu - Yah!"

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Joh 6:66  After this many of his disciples turned back and no longer walked with him.

Joh 6:67  So Jesus said to the Twelve, "Do you want to go away as well?"

Joh 6:68  Simon Peter answered him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life,  Joh 6:69  and we have believed, and have come to know, that you are the Holy One of God."

Heb 12:1  Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,

Heb 12:2  looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.