IGNORED

Questions about Noahs Flood (is it logical or just magic you have to believe)

Leyla

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,263
  • Content Per Day:  1.74
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, one.opinion said:

The fire and brimstone dropped on Sodom and Gomorrah was a "precision attack", while a large flood was not.

Perhaps preserve members of ecological communities? Perhaps preserve the portion of His creation that was innocent? I don't know.

I'm not a geologist. Are there primary research articles that discuss the sedimentary rock and why is is evidence of a global flood?

Take your pick:-

“There is no sight on earth which matches Grand Canyon. There are other canyons, other mountains and other rivers, but this Canyon excels all in scenic ...

Creationists have claimed that the geology of Australia's Three Sisters, provides compelling evidence for the global Flood of Noah,1 a claim that a recent article ...

The 'Great Unconformity' and associated geochemical evidence for Noahic Flood ... The Bible's Flood account describes the greatest rain event ever recorded.

The valleys and gorges, shaped when the Sisters were carved, are evidence of immense watery erosion. The Biblical global Flood explains this deposition and ...

Is there any evidence for a global flood? ... the field of geomorphology are called landforms. Geomorphology is a 'gold mine' of evidence for the Genesis Flood.

Oct 19, 2018 ... The Missoula Flood provides further evidence that floods produce inselbergs, and that erosion has to be rapid or there would be no inselbergs.

About 550 feet below the surface, they found evidence of a 'sudden, catastrophic flood around 7,500 years ago—the possible source of the Old Testament story ...

Hundreds of pieces of evidence support this flood, but it was rejected for 40 years by all but J. Harlen Bretz because such a flood was deemed too 'biblical'.1.

However, a close analysis of this evidence suggests that it raises more questions than it answers, supporting the idea that the end of the Flood corresponds to ...

Coal points to Noah's Flood because huge quantities of vegetation have been ... They are committed, from the outset, to explaining the evidence using what we ...

Apr 14, 2009 ... Their main problem was that they were looking for a modern environment that corresponds with the evidence but Noah's Flood was a unique ...

Golden evidence of the Genesis Flood. by Jack Lange. Jack Lange holding gold- bearing quartz. Most people would be surprised to learn that smooth ...

However, Scripture (backed up by so much other evidence) is very clear that there was a global Flood and the pre-Flood people were destroyed, so there must ...

The creationist post-Flood dam-breach hypothesis origin for the Grand ... Brown1 tries to use this as evidence for a dam-breach theory, but a more logical ...
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

2 hours ago, one.opinion said:

I started reading your response, but ran into this complete quackery pretty quickly and gave up on the rest. This assertion is completely unsupported by evidence from science or the Bible. Someone made this up - probably as a story for their 4 year-old child. 

I was using the article from the answers in Genesis website. The article was written by Dr. Danny R. Faulkner called "The Biblically Based Cratering Theory". His bio in part states that he holds an MS in Physics from Clemson University and an MA and PhD in Astronomy.

Perhaps it would seem less like a child's story if you go and read the article yourself.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.14
  • Days Won:  4

I asked earlier "Are there primary research articles that discuss the sedimentary rock and why is is evidence of a global flood?" That was probably an unfair question. Instead, let me ask about any primary research articles that refer to large areas of sedimentary rock that support at least a large flood. I'm sorry, @Who me, but creation.com articles are not primary research articles.

Christ-following geologists have written a book that you might find interesting - The Grand Canyon, Monument to an Ancient Earth. You can read an excerpt here - https://ncse.com/files/pub/evolution/excerpt--grand.pdf

9 minutes ago, Joulre2abba said:

Perhaps it would seem less like a child's story if you go and read the article yourself.

I perused the article and found nothing related to evidence of splashing water reaching the moon. Was there a particular portion of the article that I am missing? Or any evidence described elsewhere?

48 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

I perused the article and found nothing related to evidence of splashing water reaching the moon. Was there a particular portion of the article that I am missing? Or any evidence described elsewhere?

While writing my post I'd planned on adding more before submitting but got called away, then when I returned I forgot to add the rest of it.

So here it is now.

I have a book by Walt Brown who theorized much as Danny Faulkner. Brown adds that the fountains of the great deep launched the solar system asteroids and comets.

Faulkner stated that there were meteors flying around at the time of Noah's flood, but he didn't say as much as Brown did. He theorized that the debris from the Earth caused the crater impacts on the moon.

The Noah's flood waters escaping the earth's atmosphere theory would explain to me why there are watery (plus other elements) comets orbiting around the solar system.

Edited by Joulre2abba
edit

1 hour ago, Margo73 said:

my reply is simple .. if God said it happened, it happened, and anyone who believes in the Christian God who is OMNIPOTENT and OMNISCIENT would know He could and would do it and He DID DO IT! .. read about Noah and the flood in God's HOLY SPIRIT INSPIRED Word and Truth to know what God did and how He did it .. be assured that any of mankind does not know what God does and cannot do what God did/does .. trust ONLY in God and not in "fallible, imperfect" man

I believe it happened. I just also happen to think that the flood wasn't a global event, as many modern people reading an English translation assume. We are now far removed from the culture and language of the original audience. My belief is in no way contradictory to belief in an omniscient, omnipotent God, or God-inspired scripture.

1 hour ago, Joulre2abba said:

I have a book by Walt Brown who theorized much as Danny Faulkner.

Did either of them actually hypothesize that splashing floodwater reached the moon?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, one.opinion said:

believe it happened. I just also happen to think that the flood wasn't a global event, as many modern people reading an English translation assume.

Shalom one.opinion,

Here is a useful page to check out that provides all the evidence of a GLOBAL flood. Link

There you will not only find the evidence towards a global flood but also how proving it debunks the theory of evolution - as both "theories" cannot coexist. 

I hope it is useful to you. 

Love & Shalom 

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Shalom one.opinion,

To you, as well, Tzephanyahu.

Thank you for sharing the link. I looked at the evidences listed, but have so far only looked at “Evidence for water activity at the highest peaks on earth”. I would like to pause there and examine the evidence. As you are likely aware, the presence of fossils (even of the marine variety) at high elevations is not uniquely explained by the hypothesis of a global flood. In fact, I would argue that the presence of marine fossils on high peaks is more consistent with with an ancient earth and life model. Let’s examine explanations from these two models.

1. Young earth/global flood

A relatively recent flood occurred. Some marine organisms were able to float or swim through 20,000 feet or more to reach high mountain peaks, only to be buried by sediment not at their typical low elevation.

2. Ancient earth/ancient life model

Marine organisms were buried in sediment at roughly the same elevation at which they lived. Long after the fossils were originally formed, plate tectonics caused massive shifts in the topography of the planet, including the rise of tall mountains over very long periods of time.

Which of these models do you believe is best supported by evidence?

Some of the other lines of evidence from the link are also consistent with an ancient earth/ancient life model. But we can discuss those also, if you’d like.

It is my opinion that God’s Word is completely true AND God’s revelation about the natural world through scientific discovery is also true. If the two seem to be in conflict, it is because we fallible humans have interpreted one or the other incorrectly. Since the preponderance if evidence favors an ancient earth and ancient life, the common interpretation of the Bible suggesting that all of God’s creation occurred in a 144-hour period roughly 6,000 years ago is incorrect.

As a side note to anyone following this conversation - my belief does not prevent me from understanding God’s omnipotence, my sinfulness, His incredible sacrifice in the person of His Son, His glorious resurrection, and my life now as a joint heir with Christ. My acceptance of scientific evidence does not demean the God I love in any way. The more I understand about what He created, the more I appreciate His transcendent mind and power.

• Brilliant! 1

2 hours ago, one.opinion said:

Did either of them actually hypothesize that splashing floodwater reached the moon?

Brown said in so many words other than "splashing floodwater".

Read again. I have a book by Walt Brown who theorized much as Danny Faulkner. Brown adds that the fountains of the great deep launched the solar system asteroids and comets.

Faulkner stated that there were meteors flying around at the time of Noah's flood, but he didn't say as much as Brown did. He (Brown) theorized that the debris from the Earth caused the crater impacts on the moon.