IGNORED

Questions about Noahs Flood (is it logical or just magic you have to believe)

Leyla

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

Hi One,

we need you here on this board, because you do an important job exposing all the scientific falshood that creationists invoke sometimes!

I think it is God's wisdom that thoses people who said you cannot be a Christian are removed from the board by now?

It's just here that you stepped a little bit too far, I think.

On 4/29/2019 at 8:21 PM, one.opinion said:

There could also be intentional hyperbole present

Hyperbole - in the Bible?

You remember Volkswagen in the United States? These nice German cars... nevertheless they used hyperbole when it comes to emission values. The US government made them pay. Billions of dollars.

Why should the almighty God resort to such minor tactics that could as well be used by a German car manufacturer?

The Lord says “ ‘Do not use dishonest standards when measuring length, weight or quantity. Lev 19:35

On 4/29/2019 at 8:21 PM, one.opinion said:

When the physical evidence is so completely contrary to a truly global flood, then the truth of the Bible must be something other than a global flood.

Is that what we expect when a miracle is involved?

But thank you again for your input to this board.

---

Hi Who Me

On 6/20/2019 at 10:52 AM, Who me said:

If Jesus did rise from the dead, what is so hard to belief that God could do everything the bible says?

great post.

Regards,

Thomas

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.13
  • Days Won:  4

4 hours ago, thomas t said:

Hyperbole - in the Bible?

Hi Thomas, good to hear from you. Jesus used hyperbole quite frequently in His teaching. He told people that with faith, they could move mountains. He told people that it was easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. He told people they should pluck out their eye if it led them to temptation. Those are just a few I can think of off the top of my head. I'm certain there are many examples in the OT, as well.

Now, I am not claiming this was God's intent regarding the flood that covered the "eretz", but I do believe it is a possibility.

On 6/20/2019 at 3:52 AM, Who me said:

If Jesus did rise from the dead, what is so hard to belief that God could do everything the bible says?

I certainly do not question God's ability to cover the earth with a flood any more than I question God's ability to resurrect Jesus from the dead. The reason I question the "global" account of the flood is evidence, not God's abilities. There is ample evidence for the Resurrection, I do not believe there is ample evidence for a flood that covered the entire earth.

Here is an interesting (but really long - get ready to devote some time if you plan to read it through!) article on some reasons why it is clearly within conservative Biblical interpretation to consider the flood as local, rather than global. https://www.blueletterbible.org/faq/don_stewart/don_stewart_666.cfm

Edited by one.opinion

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

24 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

I certainly do not question God's ability to cover the earth with a flood any more than I question God's ability to resurrect Jesus from the dead. The reason I question the "global" account of the flood is evidence, not God's abilities. There is ample evidence for the Resurrection, I do not believe there is ample evidence for a flood that covered the entire earth.

Here is an interesting (but really long - get ready to devote some time if you plan to read it through!) article on some reasons why it is clearly within conservative Biblical interpretation to consider the flood as local, rather than global. https://www.blueletterbible.org/faq/don_stewart/don_stewart_666.cfm

Evidence always needs to be interpreted/understood and that means ones bias in how the world is viewed.

Sedimentary rock layers over a mile in thickness, that cover thousands of sq miles. Fosels in sedimentary rock at the top of mountains, planation and wind gaps all point to a global flood.

But far more complelling is the biblical evidence for a global flood.

God had no problem in causing his people to walk thousands of miles, Abrah from Ur to egypt and back to cannan is only one of many examples of how mobile they were. Yet un like Lot who was told to walk to nearby mountains for safty, Noah was told to build an enormus barge.

If he could have walked to safety why build such a big craft?

Why did Jesus acknowledge the accuracy of a 6 day creation and Noahs flood? EEither it is historicaly true or Jesus is a liar.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On 4/28/2019 at 9:03 AM, Leyla said:

1) How can a planet be habitable after global flood on such a big scale?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              2)How did all sea life survive?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  3) After the flood was over, what were animals supposed to eat? Carnivores would kill off all the saved animals and plant eating animals would have nothing to eat.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               4) Even if we assume that the animals survived and had enough oxygen, food etc... how did they find their way back home, to the different regions in all the other continents?                                                                                  5)  If we world was flooded on this big scale, why cant we find any evidence?? Do you think our scientists are really so incompetent, that they cant find even one evidence for it?                                                                               [Edit: Thanks for all the answer and sorry for the late replies. I will try my best to respond as soon as possible]

A better question is The Who which has both made from nothing corporeal realities and then destroyed by water yet preserved eight souls to new life...

42 minutes ago, Who me said:

Why did Jesus acknowledge the accuracy of a 6 day creation and Noahs flood?

It is probably wise to be careful what you attribute to Jesus Christ, who is The Truth. He did not acknowledge a 6 day creation, and He did not acknowledge a global flood. Did you happen to read the link I provided?

59 minutes ago, Who me said:

Sedimentary rock layers over a mile in thickness, that cover thousands of sq miles.

Could you provide a reference for this? I would like to read more.

Fosels in sedimentary rock at the top of mountains,

Think about it... how would a flood cause animals to float all the way to a mountain top, and only bury those animals when the finally reached the peaks? A much more logical conclusion is that the fossils were formed, at a lower elevation, long before the mountain peaks were formed.

I was in Lincoln, Nebraska several years ago and took a look at the University of Nebraska museum. Did you know that there are an astonishingly large number of marine fossils that have been found on the plains of Nebraska? Again, it doesn’t make sense that raging waters of this violent calamity carefully carried intact marine creatures, with their bodies intact, over a thousand miles inland, only to bury them at that point. The fossil record is not nearly as supportive of a global flood as you assume.

planation and wind gaps all point to a global flood.

Do you have a reference for these, as well?

Because God told him to? I’m not just being silly here, but pointing out that God often does things for reasons we do not (and probably cannot) understand.

Why did Jesus spit in the dirt to make mud to heal one blind person, but not others? Sometimes, we just don’t know.

Edited by one.opinion

1 hour ago, one.opinion said:

It is probably wise to be careful what you attribute to Jesus Christ, who is The Truth. He did not acknowledge a 6 day creation, and He did not acknowledge a global flood. Did you happen to read the link I provided?

I read enough.

Did Jesus acknowledge creation and a flood:-

‘But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female’ (Mark 10:6).

Jesus said, 'As the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be' (Matthew 24:37)

1 hour ago, one.opinion said:

Could you provide a reference for this? I would like to read more.

Because God told him to? I’m not just being silly here, but pointing out that God often does things for reasons we do not (and probably cannot) understand.

Why did Jesus spit in the dirt to make mud to heal one blind person, but not others? Sometimes, we just don’t know.

references:-

Deep sedimentation from secular geologists.

These sedimentary layers also travel out of sight under the earth—much further than many suspect, 100 km (60 miles) east to the Pacific Ocean, 200 km north and 200 km south.1 They form part of the Sydney basin, a geological structure where layers of sediments accumulated to a depth of 3 km.from Branagan, D.F and Packham, G.H., Field Geology of New South Wales, Department of Mineral Resources, Sydney, p.38, 2000.

You can see the same geological pattern when you stand on the rim of Grand Canyon in western USA. ...................With so little vegetation in the area, the layers stand out and can be traced into the distant haze. In fact, these sedimentary formations have been recognized over thousands of kilometres across North America. from Sloss, L.L.(ed.), The Geology of North America, Vol. D-2, Sedimentary Cover—North American Craton: U.S., The Geological Society of America, ch. 3, p. 47–51, 1988

https://creation.com/flat-gaps.

https://creation.com/water-and-wind-gaps

https://creation.com/mountaintop-planation-surfaces-puzzle

https://creation.com/catastrophic-plate-tectonics-the-geophysical-context-of-the-genesis-flood

one explanation:-

https://creation.com/noahs-flood

God is not silly he is reasonable in his dealings with us and does not make unreasonable demands.

So to ask Noah to build a 400 foot long barge so escape a local flood is unreasonable, but not if the flood was global.

Fosils on mountains. Yes you are correct they were laid down when that mountain top was part of the ground level durring the flood. The water from the flood drained away as tectonic plates sank and shifted making the deep ocean basins and the mountasin ranges around the world.

But I'm only providing you with the information you already knew.

• Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, Who me said:

‘But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female’ (Mark 10:6).

How does that possibly acknowledge a 6 day creation? It acknowledged divine blessing on the institution of marriage, nothing more. Saying anything beyond that adds your own words on top of the words of Scripture.

37 minutes ago, Who me said:

Jesus said, 'As the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be' (Matthew 24:37)

This passage acknowledges Noah, and suggests a flood. It does not acknowledge a global flood. Claiming it does once again adds a personal interpretation on top of the words of Scripture.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Content Per Day:  0.55

3 hours ago, Who me said:

Evidence always needs to be interpreted/understood and that means ones bias in how the world is viewed.

Sedimentary rock layers over a mile in thickness, that cover thousands of sq miles. Fosels in sedimentary rock at the top of mountains, planation and wind gaps all point to a global flood.

But far more complelling is the biblical evidence for a global flood.

God had no problem in causing his people to walk thousands of miles, Abrah from Ur to egypt and back to cannan is only one of many examples of how mobile they were. Yet un like Lot who was told to walk to nearby mountains for safty, Noah was told to build an enormus barge.

Why did Jesus acknowledge the accuracy of a 6 day creation and Noahs flood? EEither it is historicaly true or Jesus is a liar.

Or the Israelites walking for 40 years in the desert when it's only about a 3 day walk in total