IGNORED

Questions about Noahs Flood (is it logical or just magic you have to believe)

Leyla

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  162
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/24/1997

9 hours ago, Margo73 said:

what your real agenda is other than "playing" others no one knows but IF you keep this up and do not repent, you will lose yourself and your salvation

I am not playing games I simply examine ideas and check if they are worth believing in.

the first step in having eternal salvation is to "believe" and you prove you not only do not believe but you are trying to get others to not believe

I am trying to believe and I am NOT trying to make others not believe. I am simply scrutinising Christianity the way I did with Islam. If Christianity is something that can not withstand scrutiny, then is it really something worth believing in?  If Christianity can withstand my scrutiny, then I would have a reason to accept it. We scrutinise EVERY idea, except our religion. Why is religion something we have to make an exception for?

the ONE and ONLY TRUE LIVING GOD - the ALPHA AND OMEGA aka the BEGINNING AND THE END - WHO ALWAYS WAS AND ALWAYS WILL BE

Why do you think that Christianity will lead to salvation, and not Islam, Paganism, Buddhism, Janeism, Judaism, the ancient egypt Gods, the old greek gods, Mormonism, Hindus, Sikhism, Bahaism, Confucianism, Shintoism or one of the other thousands of religions? If one religion is true, then all the others are false, and all the other religions will lead to hell (atleast for the religions that have a concept of hell). We have to find the religion that is true, and we can only find it if we question everything and look for the most reasonable religion.

proven fact to all true Christians who have the true faith .. please Leyla do not throw away your immortal soul and, perhaps. lead others to throw theirs away .. turn to God and ask Him to help you and He WILL ..

Do you have proof for christianity? Outside of "just believe"? If "just believe" was all that was necesarry, to proof something true, then all religions are true. Every serious follower of a religion, thinks that their religion is true and that its the best for them. What makes christianity different? Also what are the proven facts to all true christians, can you tell me atleast one.

have asked before and I ask again for your sake and the sake of others you may be successfully deceiving and leading them away from a faith they once had that you give up this "game" and get your "special" relationship with God really going and have your journey and then share that with others to encourage them to believe in and relate to the ONE and ONLY TRUE LIVING GOD

How are close examinations, careful research and logical conclusions "deceiving others"? You did not reply to any of my serious replies, for example my calculations of the flood in my previous posts. All you do is assert that Christianity is true without providing any evidence that its true. Aslong as we did not establish, that Christianity is true, we have to take into consideration that Christianity could be a false religion, a smokescreen that distracts us from the true faith.

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  352
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/21/1964

Science is fine and interesting to learn but without God there wouldn't be any science. He merely spoke and things came into existence. He's not to be figured out as some scientific experiment. He's God and is above all 

• Praise God! 1

9 minutes ago, sugarbear said:

Science is fine and interesting to learn but without God there wouldn't be any science. He merely spoke and things came into existence. He's not to be figured out as some scientific experiment. He's God and is above all 

Do we have any reason to assume that without God, science would not exist? I think a thought experiment (my favourite one) would help alot. Imagine an alternate universe. Universe A has God. Universe B has no God. How will universe B, be different from universe A? If we can determine how a universe without a God would look like, we can start to compare it with the universe that we live in right now and see if there are any similarities or differences.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.13
  • Days Won:  4

52 minutes ago, sugarbear said:

I agree with this, but I don’t know of any experiments designed to figure God out. Experiments and observations only show us - a little bit at a time - more about what He has made.

Sometimes, that accumulated information shows us that we were mistaken about what the Bible teaches. Notice, I am not saying the Bible is wrong, I am saying that our understanding of it can be wrong. Science has proven that the heavens are not supported by pillars, the sky is not a solid dome, the sun does not revolve around the earth and, I believe that science has also shown that Noah’s flood was not global and that God did not create the universe and everything in it in 144 hours about 6,000 years ago.

• This is Worthy 1

42 minutes ago, Margo73 said:

I have told you what is the truth about the ONE AND ONLY GOD and you just wish to keep scrutinising it

Again, what makes you assume that there is only one God and why do you assume that its your God, the God of the bible?

if I had the serious health condition you say you have, I would be seeking God, not denying Him as you are doing

Mine or your health condition, have no influence over which things are true and which are false. How do you know that I should seek Jesus and not Allah or Wischnu or Zeus or Thor or the flying spaghetti monster?

HE IS GOD AND ONLY THOSE WHO "BELIEVE IN FAITH" WILL EVER KNOW HIM

Mohammad is a prophet only to those who have faith and believe in him. Do you see how little value claims like this have?

all the other religions you quoted are ALL MAN-MADE and the gods/goddesses within them are ALL MAN-MADE .. Muhammad was a man and he created Allah

What method did you use to determine what religions are manmade? Did you use the same method on christianity? How did you determine that christianity is true? How did you determine that mohammad was a simple human and jesus the son of god?

keep up the futile activity you are doing and never repent and turn to the ONE and ONLY TRUE CHRISTIAN GOD and you will meet those people in the lake of fire as the unbeliever that you are and will remain, for God is not going to prove Himself to you ..

How dare you to devalue innocent humans to a point where you can even accept that they will experience punishment in an eternal fire in hell. How can you be so cruel and nonloving to humans? Im not morally crooked enough to do that. I have more respect for my cat, than you have to some humans

Leyla, I no longer believe you left Islam and became Christian as you are not Christian and I no longer believe you are as sick as you claim and I no longer believe you are 14 .. I no longer believe anything you said .. what I do believe is you are wasting your time, energy, effort trying to disprove the proven .. proven by faith which rises above all and sees and hears and perceives aka understands what those relying solely on very limited and very fallible insights of mere man WILL NEVER EVER KNOW AND UNDERSTAND OR BELIEVE .. save yourself aka turn to God .. or lose yourself aka turn to man and deny God .. your choice, your sad consequence ..  

I dont care about what you believe, but its time to stop following me on every thread, if the only thing you want to do, is saying bad things about me. If you ever decide to participate in a productive conversation then go ahead. However if you only aim to say bad things or to make claims without providing evidence, then atleast stop mentioning my name everytime you do that.

Edited by Leyla

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/07/1982

On 5/10/2019 at 9:17 PM, Leyla said:

What method can we use, to determine what is a real relationship with God and what is not? To discover what is true and what is false

I wish I could answer that in a way that was perfectly comprehensible to the modern, scientific mind.

When God reveals His Holy Spirit to someone, there's no mistaking it, and their life is never the same again.

But until that happens, a person is blind (and I don't say that in a spirit of condescension towards others; I was blind until God opened my eyes, and it wasn't my efforts that brought that change to bear, but God's incredible mercy), and spiritual truths are foolishness to them.

There were times in my life when I did all of the things a person is supposed to do to be born again (and I was genuine), and at the time I considered myself born again, but I didn't know God. There's a huge difference between a person being converted to Christianity (although they're certainly on the path to salvation), and a person being spiritually regenerated and actually having a relationship w/ God. (The Scriptures make it clear that for one to enter the Kingdom, they must know God, and not just nominally be a Christian.)

We comprise a body, soul and spirit. Before a person truly comes to know God, they're dead, spiritually, and our spirit's the most important part of our psycho - physical complex. It's like they're 2 thirds of a full human being.

When someone comes to know God, they're given new life, and their connection to God is restored (but they still have to pray for God to increase their spiritual discernment, as the enemy will always try to assault our faith and deceive/tempt us, and if we allow the enemy to disrupt that connection, he can [even after one comes to know God]).

I was on the right path to be born again (during those times when I thought I was born of the Spirit, but wasn't), but I wasn't there yet. Like the parable of "the sower and the seed" talks about, I allowed the enemy to knock me off of the path before I could actually come to know God. But the seed was still there, waiting to blossom and flourish. God just had to purge all of the filth around it that was choking it, and He won't ever take away our right to chose, so that's usually a pretty lengthy process for most people (and I was no exception).

But God recognized my attempts to come to Him, and He was always working to mould me in ways that'd bring me closer to Him.

Usually, that meant I had to be purged, and my branches pruned, so that I'd bring forth more fruit. Unfortunately, we are quite stubborn, and oftentimes pain is the main thing that brings about the changes necessary for us to truly submit to God. And God is primarily concerned w/ saving our souls; the body is a lesser priority (although He does want us to be happy even in this life).

If God had revealed Himself to me at any earlier point of my life, I wouldn't have been ready to fully submit, and live for Him; I'd have been lost forever (for, once one comes to a knowledge of Christ, if they become entangled again in the world, it would be better for that person to have never been born). I'd have gone back to my vomit, and I probably would've drowned in it (the enemy's attacks are much stronger when one's come to know God, because it's pointless for them [the demons] to continue to try to hide).

God knew what I needed to learn, and His timing is perfect - He knows better than us. He knows us better than we know ourselves.

Some rough ways to know who knows God: if something's from/of God, it won't violate God's Word, or love (I call those 'the 2 guideposts').

If someone says they know God and they hate their brother/sister, they don't know God.

And although some of the Scriptures can be a little difficult (especially if someone doesn't know God), there are certain core tenets of true Christianity; if those are violated, the person violating them doesn't know God:

Yeshua/Jesus is the Son of God, and part of the Godhead; He came down, in the form of a man, and suffered and died for the sins of all human - kind (even though He was and is completely w/out sin); He then was resurrected from the dead, having conquered death and hell, and all who fully believe in Him (and all of us require this sacrifice of Christ, as we are all sinners and fall short of the mark), and what He did for us - and repent, and accept Him as their Lord and Savior - are washed clean of their sins, and will inherit eternal life; and, lastly, there is no other path to salvation.

If a person knows God, they will produce good fruit, and their conversation will be holy.

That's not to say that they'll never screw up, but they'll do so less and less, and they won't be in total bondage, like someone who doesn't know God. There'll be an obvious change in their lives; they will produce good fruit, and they'll have a strong desire to lead others to Christ.

It's God giving them the ability to produce good fruit, though, not their own ability. The writings of Paul and James don't contradict each other. By grace and faith we are saved (lest any should boast), but if one knows God, their faith WILL produce good works.

Many perceive a non - existent conflict between the writings of these 2 authors - a conflict shown by the phrase, "faith 'or' works." But there's no conflict. A good way to approach the relationship between the writings of these authors is shown by the phrase, "faith 'that' works," as faith without works isn't really faith at all (even though it's not our works that save us).

I don't think it's a bad thing that you apply logic to the Word - I wish all scientists would study the Word (and I believe true science doesn't contradict God's Word, but confirms It). Our reason is a gift from God. But some things can only be spiritually discerned, so I encourage you to try to nourish your faith, and to really ask God to answer your questions in a way that makes sense to you.

And, the closer we're living in accordance w/ God's will, and the more we believe He'll answer us, the better and sooner we'll hear His reply.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  137
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  05/27/1943

I regard the flood narrative as a teaching tool, sort of like a large scale parable. There are other parables of this sort --- Job, Jonah and Ruth.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

I believe there is evidence for a large scale flood. Geologically speaking this can be seen in the PT boundary, late Permian and early Triassic. The accepted timeframes have many flaws, but geologists do see a large scale transgressive event there (oceans flooding into continental interiors), and a large scale regressive event (massive erosion when sea level suddenly drop). This PT boundary is known as the "great death", the largest known extinction event ever recorded.

This event was triggered by an event known as the Siberian Traps, the greatest ever volcanic event, when the fountains of the great deep burst forth covering much of Siberia with volcanic rock.  This triggered melting of the glaciers and ice caps which re-flooded continents which has earlier arisen when the ice sheets formed.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 6/18/2019 at 8:48 AM, Takoda said:

I regard the flood narrative as a teaching tool, sort of like a large scale parable. There are other parables of this sort --- Job, Jonah, and Ruth.

Oh, really? :45: 

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

On 18 June 2019 at 4:48 PM, Takoda said:

I regard the flood narrative as a teaching tool, sort of like a large scale parable. There are other parables of this sort --- Job, Jonah and Ruth.

Yes everything miraculous is a teaching tool, from creation via Jesus resurrection to the 2nd coming. They all didn't happen.

Er if that is true just what is Christianity?

Is Paul correct in saying that if Jesus did not rise from the dead, literally and physically we have no forgiveness of sins?

If Jesus did rise from the dead, what is so hard to belief that God could do everything the bible says?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1