• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

10 hours ago, Tampered With said:

Considering all the times God saved my life miraculously; this was a walk in the park. Praise God!

LOVE THIS !    MARANANTHA LORD JESUS !  COME QUICKLY ! PRAISE GOD !  HALLELUYAH !

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/29/2019 at 12:28 AM, OpenMind said:

When Jesus Died

When this discussion of a spirit comes up people often point to references around Jesus’ death on the cross as proof that his “spirit” left him. 

Luke 23:46

And when Jesus had cried out with a loud voice, He said, "Father, 'into Your hands I commit My spirit.'" Having said this, He breathed His last.

Matthew 27:50

And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit.

John 19:30

So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, "It is finished!" And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.

I used to think, as most people do, that each reference to “spirit” in these verses referred to a conscious ghostly entity that left Jesus’ body and floated up to heaven (or hell, depending on who you ask) where Jesus continued to “live”.  However, if we look at the original Greek word used we get an entirely different picture.

Remember, the Hebrew word translated as spirit in the old testament is Ruach and it means “breath” or “wind”.  In the new testament the original text is Greek and in each of these three verses above, the word translated as spirit is the Greek word “Pneuma”.  Pneuma means “wind, breath, spirit”.  It has the exact same meaning as the Hebrew Ruach.  Go figure.

Also remember that in Genesis 2:7 God created man and gave man the breath of life.  That god given breath is not just a simple breath that we take for granted; it is life.  So if we understand that the Greek meaning of the word “pneuma” is actually a reference to life itself which God breathed into us, these verses suddenly take on a whole new meaning.

Luke 23:46

And when Jesus had cried out with a loud voice, He said, "Father, 'into Your hands I commit My spirit life.'" Having said this, He breathed His last.

Matthew 27:50

And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit life.

John 19:30

So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, "It is finished!" And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit life.

Of course, looking back at it now, it seems so obvious that Jesus did not continue to live in spirit form after his death, because if that were the case he wouldn’t have really died.  But he actually did die.  He really died.  The breath of life left him and he died.

There is literally no Bible verse that claims there is a ghostly spirit inside each of us that lives on after death.  In fact, quite the opposite.  All indications are that when we die, we return to the dust of the earth, without any consciousness, knowing nothing and realizing nothing.  And it’s only at the resurrection, when the breath of God returns to us, that we become spiritual creatures.

John 3:13

And no man has ascended up to heaven

"There is literally no Bible verse that claims there is a ghostly spirit inside each of us that lives on after death.  In fact, quite the opposite.  All indications are that when we die, we return to the dust of the earth, without any consciousness, knowing nothing and realizing nothing.  And it’s only at the resurrection, when the breath of God returns to us, that we become spiritual creatures.

A good place to start would be the ressurection, why does it occur if everyone is already in heaven?

This is a question that nobody can answer, because it brilliantly exposes the lie of immediate life after death.  Once a person admits that this simple logic does not reconcile with main stream teaching, the flood gates of truth can open."

There is no verse you found or remembered ?

When Abel was killed, that was not the end of the story, because Abel is an example of faith, for the future faith we would have in the Messiah. Abel's blood speaks to God, and we see why, for the blood is the life, and it needed no brain to talk, because there is mind of the Spirit..Romans 8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. That Spirit of Christ in us, is what speaks itself, to the Father.. Galatians 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Te Fathers Spirit bearing witness with our spirit, inside of us, yes two spirits together..Romans 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Genesis 4:10 And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.

Deuteronomy 12:23 Only be sure that thou eat not the blood: for the blood is the life; and thou mayest not eat the life with the flesh.

Further on that blood, we need to drink the blood of Christ(Spirit where the life is) to have life in ourselves. This blood of Christ speaks better things than Abel, inside of us in Spirit) ..

John 6:53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

Hebrews 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

The Spirit that raised up Jesus from the dead, is His own Spirit that never left Him,  and when we have His Spirit in us, this is what quickens us, and the quickening is now which also quickens our mortal bodies. Christ has life in Himself, which is God, and God is a Spirit,(more than breath) He is the Spirit of truth, who shall be in us, and is in us, and it was not possible for Christ to be held in death, as it was not really death. Who believes in Christ also shall never see death. The Son of man Jesus Christ was always in Heaven, He is God, and when He appears we shall be made like Him, and of course He is not after the flesh any more, only the Spirit..

Ephesians 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

John 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Acts 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

John 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

2 Corinthians 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 5/5/2019 at 10:10 AM, OpenMind said:

Job 32:8

Surely a spirit is in man, And the breath of the Mighty One Doth cause them to understand.

The word translated as spirit in Job 32:8 is ruach, which means breath, wind, spirit.  The word "breath" in that same verse is from the word neshamah.  Neshamah is primarily "breath" but can also be translated as "breath of life", which is the breath of God, and in this case obviously he is speaking of the breath of God.  I believe "spirit" is the most logical translation of the word ruach in Job 32:8 but not in the sense of an entity, rather the attributes of character, in this case "the spirit of understanding".

If you read the entire passage you'll see that Elihu the son of Barachel was speaking and explaining that he had stayed quiet because he was the youngest and believed he should let the elders speak because age brings understanding, but here he's explaining that he realized that age does not bring wisdom, rather the breath of God brings wisdom, which he has.

But it is a spirit in man, And the breath of the Almighty gives them understanding.

In other words he's speaking of the "spirit of understanding" that is received from God.  This is the only context in which the use of the word spirit here makes sense.  Coincidentally, this is the same "spirit of understanding" that Isaiah spoke of.

Isaiah 11:2

And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord;

Shalom, OpenMind.

I'm a purist and a literalist. For me, the answers are much simpler than are suggested in this thread.

The Hebrew word "ruwach" (H7307) simply means "wind."

The Hebrew word "nefesh" ("nephesh", H5315) simply means "air-breathing being."

In Hebrew, there are FAMILIES of words that all range from a common root word, usually the verb form. The root word for "nefesh" is "naafash" (H5314), meaning "to breathe."

Based on these simpler definitions, every verse discussed can be realistically and physically understood. The first man (Hebrew: haAadaam, from which we get the name "Adam") was created a living air-breather when God "blew" into his nostrils the "puff" of life. (Those are DIFFERENT words than "ruwach"; the noun is the Hebrew word "nishmat," H5397 ("neshaamaah"). The verb in this verse is "naafach," H5301.)

The "Wind" of God was responsible for "blowing" the "puff" of air into the breathless body that God created that made him a "living air-breather." This basic understanding is fundamental to every situation. Furthermore, these words have their equivalence in the Greek language:

Hebrew = Greek = English.

H7307 "Ruwach" = G4151 "pneuma" = a "wind."
H5315 "Nefesh" = G5590 "psuchee" = "air-breathing creature."
H5314 "Naafash" = G5594 "psuchoo" = "to breathe."
H5397 "Nishmat/neshaamaah" = G4157 "pnoee" = a "puff."
H5301 "Naafach" = G4154 "pneoo" = "to breathe/ to blow."

Here's a "for-instance":

Hebrews 4:12 (KJV)

12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

This verse means that the word of God is living and powerful and sharper than any two-edged blade, piercing even to the separation of an air-breather from his breath, and to the separation of the joints (between the bones) from the marrow (inside the bones), and is a separator between the selfish thoughts from the good intentions of the core of one's being!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Ecclesiastes 3:21 (AV)
21 Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

Left out on in Ecclesiastes.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0

The most simplest terms, when Christ died, He cannot be held in death, and when He died, death was destroyed. This is joy, as He overcame the world. WE too if in Him, overcome the world, overcome death, and we be with Him where He is, in eternal life, and that eternal life is in us, so we cant o very far when we die, as we never see death, for all live unto Him..

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

1 John 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

1 John 5:5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

Revelation 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Revelation 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Revelation 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Revelation 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

Revelation 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Revelation 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Revelation 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Revelation 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Revelation 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

John 8:51 Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.

Romans 4:17 (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

Luke 20:36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.37 Now that the dead are raised, even Moses shewed at the bush, when he calleth the Lord the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.38 For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him.

Revelation 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

On 6/17/2019 at 7:40 AM, JohnD said:

Ecclesiastes 3:21 (AV)
21 Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

Left out on in Ecclesiastes.

Shalom, JohnD.

When a man dies, he's usually flat on his back. When he exhales his last breath, his breath goes upward.

When a beast dies, he's either on his stomach or on his side. When he exhales his last breath, his breath goes downward.

There's nothing else implied in this verse.

• Haha 1

On 6/17/2019 at 12:11 PM, gordon7777 said:

The most simplest terms, when Christ died, He cannot be held in death, and when He died, death was destroyed. This is joy, as He overcame the world. WE too if in Him, overcome the world, overcome death, and we be with Him where He is, in eternal life, and that eternal life is in us, so we cant o very far when we die, as we never see death, for all live unto Him..

Shalom, gordon7777.

Sorry, but the Messiah did NOT "destroy death" in his death or resurrection. The world - Greek word "kosmos" - is the world-system of government. The destruction of death comes AFTER the Millennium according to both Revelation 20:1-15 and 1 Corinthians 15:20-28.

Revelation 20:1-15 (KJV)

1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, 3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This (the resurrection in verse 4) is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

All this is about the Millennium, the 1000 years when haSatan is imprisoned in the bottomless pit. Continuing on....

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, 8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. 9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. 10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Verse 14 is the death of Death. This is when Death shall be destroyed. Paul says the same thing in a shorter passage:

1 Corinthians 15:20-28 (KJV)

20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. 21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But every man in his own order:

(0) Christ the firstfruits;
(1) afterward they that are Christ's (they who are the Messiah's) at his coming. 
24 (2) Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power

25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. 27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest (obvious) that he (God) is excepted, which did put all things under him. 28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

While the destruction of death was "locked in" (assured) by the resurrection of the Messiah, it did not happen at that time. It shall happen in the future, as the LAST accomplishment of the Messiah Yeshua`s domination over His enemies.

On 6/17/2019 at 12:11 PM, gordon7777 said:
John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

1 John 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

1 John 5:5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

Revelation 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Revelation 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Revelation 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Revelation 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

Revelation 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Revelation 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Revelation 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Revelation 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Revelation 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

John 8:51 Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.

Romans 4:17 (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

Luke 20:36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.37 Now that the dead are raised, even Moses shewed at the bush, when he calleth the Lord the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.38 For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him.

Revelation 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

These are all good verses about overcoming the world-system of government, but death is not conquered until the end of His Millennial Kingdom before He hands the empire over to His Father and steps down to be the King of Israel. This is why the death of believers is called "sleep." He or she shall never see the second death nor be hurt by it.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 6/19/2019 at 10:09 PM, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, JohnD.

When a man dies, he's usually flat on his back. When he exhales his last breath, his breath goes upward.

When a beast dies, he's either on his stomach or on his side. When he exhales his last breath, his breath goes downward.

There's nothing else implied in this verse.

Ecclesiastes 12 (AV)
1 Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;
2 While the sun, or the light, or the moon, or the stars, be not darkened, nor the clouds return after the rain:
3 In the day when the keepers of the house shall tremble, and the strong men shall bow themselves, and the grinders cease because they are few, and those that look out of the windows be darkened,
4 And the doors shall be shut in the streets, when the sound of the grinding is low, and he shall rise up at the voice of the bird, and all the daughters of musick shall be brought low;
5 Also when they shall be afraid of that which is high, and fears shall be in the way, and the almond tree shall flourish, and the grasshopper shall be a burden, and desire shall fail: because man goeth to his long home, and the mourners go about the streets:
6 Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern.
7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
8 Vanity of vanities, saith the preacher; all is vanity.
9 And moreover, because the preacher was wise, he still taught the people knowledge; yea, he gave good heed, and sought out, and set in order many proverbs.
10 The preacher sought to find out acceptable words: and that which was written was upright, even words of truth.
11 The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd.
12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.
13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

28 minutes ago, JohnD said:

7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Thank you. :amen:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  16

one thing that has been overlooked entirely is the fact there are two words in the Hebrew translated as spirit  or breath.   The revelation of how we're constructed that comes when both are taken into account is very enlightening...and very important.

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

In this account that "breath of life" is neshama, not ruach. 

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=H5397&t=NKJV

It is the Lord's "lamp"  (Proverbs 20:27)     The ne'sh'mah of a man is the lamp of the LORD, Searching all the inner depths of his heart.

Gen 2:7 - And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed (naphach) into his nostrils the ne'sh'mah (breath)  of life; and man became a living soul (nephesh). 

Interesting to  note here, that the Hebrew is  plural ..."breaths of lives".  Apparently Eve was here though not yet formed?  Not sure how to deal with that  one.

Gen 7:22 - All in whose nostrils was the ne'sh'mah (breath)   of the ru'ach (spirit) of life, all that was on the dry land, died.

Deu 20:16 - “But of the cities of these peoples which the LORD your God gives you as an inheritance, you shall let nothing that ne'sh'mah (breathes) remain alive,

2Sa 22:16 - Then the channels of the sea were seen, The foundations of the world were uncovered, At the rebuke of the LORD, At the ne'sh'mah (blast) of the ru'ach (breath) of His nostrils.

1Ki 17:17 - Now it happened after these things that the son of the woman who owned the house became sick. And his sickness was so serious that there was no ne'sh'mah (breath) left in him.

Job 4:9 - By the ne'sh'mah (blast) of God they perish, And by the ru'ach (breath) of His anger they are consumed.

Job 27:3 - As long as my ne'sh'mah (breath) is in me, And the ru'ach (breath) of God in my nostrils,

Job 32:8 - But there is a ru'ach (spirit) in man,  And the ne'sh'mah (breath)  of the Almighty gives him understanding. (to discern)

Job 33:4 - The ru'ach (spirit) of God has made me, And the ne'sh'mah (breath)  of the Almighty gives me life.

Job 34:14 - If He should set His heart on it, If He should gather to Himself His ru'ach (spirit)  and His ne'sh'mah (breath),

Job 37:10 - By the ne'sh'mah (breath) of God ice is given, And the broad waters are frozen.

Psa 18:15 - Then the channels of the sea were seen, The foundations of the world were uncovered At Your rebuke, O LORD, At the ne'sh'mah (blast)  of the ru'ach (breath) of Your nostrils.

Psa 150:6 - Let everything that has ne'sh'mah (breath)  praise the LORD.  Praise the LORD!

Isa 30:33 - For Tophet was established of old, Yes, for the king it is prepared.  He has made it deep and large;  Its pyre is fire with much wood;  the ne'sh'mah (breath) of the LORD, like a stream of brimstone, Kindles it.

That's not a complete list....but it's a start for anyone that wants to get with Him and dig deeper.  That's part of a more  in depth study I'm working  on for another thread...not quite complete yet but already quite eye-opening.

note:  verses are quoted from the NKJV

Right now, I'm trying to hunt down evidence for a sneaking suspicion I got about the relationship between "pneuma" and "zoe" in the Greek.   I'm thinking  it _may_ be the NT Greek equivalent relationship between "ruach" and "neshama" in the OT if anyone wants to check with me :)

i do need to find a stopping point for this study....lol...it's late already  :)

Edited by Jostler