• Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

11 minutes ago, Ryan2203 said:

How many times does god forgive?

Shalom Ryan,

Your question is either one of two options:

1. How many times does God forgive? - Because I can see myself sinning over and over.

2. How many times does God forgive? - Because I keep messing up so much.

If your question is closer to the number 1, be very careful.  Forgiveness is there for you but you are expected to resist sin with just as much effort as avoiding touching fire. 

If your question is closer to number 2, don't worry.  Forgiveness is there for your shortcomings.  But you will struggle if you try to be perfect without the Holy Spirit.  You can't do this in your own strength, so seek the Spirit above all things.

So then, there is not a set amount of times that you will be forgiven for you to be worried about reaching.  But instead you should be just as cautious about the next time as if it was the last time - as if the Lord was stood by your side.  The transforming of our minds and walking correctly is required of us.  We're not to be like a non-believer next door. 

You will probably make mistakes and mess up.  But just ensure you dust yourself off and try again with every intention of never messing up again.  

One more, seek the Spirit of Yahweh above all things.  The Holy Spirit will help you know the Father's ways and love on a much deeper level and help you to turn from sin.

Love & Shalom 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,299
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

On 29 April 2019 at 4:50 PM, Ryan2203 said:

Have you ever read Eph 3:18 about the extent of Gods love?

It is an amazing prayer I'll paste it.

Eph 3:14 For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom every family[a] in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

Note having given dimensions he says we are to know what is unknowable and asks that God will do more than can be measured beyound what we can imagine.

If God's love for us is beyound measure, does it not follow that his love in action, in forgiving us is also beyond measure?

• Praise God! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 4/29/2019 at 11:50 AM, Ryan2203 said:

God has stated that His own are to be holy as He is Holy. That His own are to forgive seventy times seven, or endlessly in practical  application terms to forgive and forgive again. If that is what His own are to do  in being holy as He is Holy then how many times does God forgive each of His own?

How many times will you have Him go to the cross at Calvary? God so loved the world that He gave His only Son the command to go and die and descend and rise again and ascend to Him, being the first of yet many to come. It is done the price of sin is paid in full there is no more due to be paid nor added onto. It is finished. There is no further sacrificing of the blood of bulls and annual re-assessment of the status of one's salvation to eternal life the record in the Book of Life.

God is perfect. His standard is perfection. All that He created was perfect. It fell from His standard, that of perfection by the sin of  envy by Satan and disobedience of Adam, encouraged by the deceit by Satan of the First woman Eve.

God in His just disappointment in man Adam, extended His wrath upon all of His creation out of His sorrow and His jealousy guarded love for it. God gave His Son who is perfect, Jesus the creator, to pay the price of sin of those He had been given by God the Father to be with them eternally with all things to be created anew, renewed and perfect.

How many times might God forgive. There is no forgiveness to come after the death of the corruptible flesh. So don't wait to debate meritoriusness with God at the great Judgement of the dead. Ask forgiveness now, confess sins as they occur.  And know that those saved have always been foreknown by God and also predestined by God. Those given to Jesus by His father are all shepherded by Him, and He loses not a one. Those that are His have one duty- go into all the  world with the saving gospel of Jesus, share word of it, live the word of God, do both as testimony of His victory over the final enemy death.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

I would suggest that there are a couple of ways to see this.

The first way, is, as many time as is necessary, to restore those He forgives, to Hmself.

The second way, addresses the question "Well just how many time is that, is that 70 X 7, or more, or exactly as many times as I have sinned?"

To that I think: "No, not really, only once!"  God's forgiveness was procured for us when Jesus died on the cross. He only died once, so He only forgave once. Jesus died for every sin that the sinner ever had done, in the case of those who had already passed on, and for every sin the living would commit over their lifetimes. Those sins were all covered.

As all knowing, our sins do not come as a surprise to God, He knew every sin we would commit, and know every sin that will be committed even by those not yet born. 

Here is the thing though. It might be tempting to think, that if all the sins were forgiven at Calvary, then I am covered, and I can sin again with impunity, sins my debt was paid in full, and in advance!"

That would be a huge mistake!. While Jesus gave those He foreknew, total forgiveness and imputed His righteousness to us and took our sins upon Himself, it is extremely foolish to think that we can sin freely without consequence, it does not work that way.

In Hebrews 10 it says:

26If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. 28Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29How much more severely do you think someone deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified them, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? 

When werw are saved, it was by grace alone, and for a purpose.

4But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. 6And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, 7in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. 8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God 9not by works, so that no one can boast. 10For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Eph 2

Then there is Romans  6:

1What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? 2By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? 3Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

5For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his. 6For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with, a that we should no longer be slaves to sin— 7because anyone who has died has been set free from sin.

Then there is John 14:

21Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”

22Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said, “But, Lord, why do you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world?”

23Jesus replied, Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. 24Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.

There are other verses too, I do not need to belabor the point. The thing is, that those who are born again, have a new nature. They are no longer slaves to sin, but serve a new Master. Their hearts have been changed, and they now desire to please God and reject the temptation to live in sin. 

The old nature is still there, but we struggle against it, and sometime fail. We are not perfect (yet). However, our conscious is such, that when we sin, we confess it and repent, that is what real Christians, those who have a new nature, have been born again, do!

Because God has given them a new nature, He loved them and they love Him, and forgiveness has e accomplished. If a person thinks they can sin with impunity, and desires to go on sinning, that have every reason to wonder, if they have ever really been born again in the first place.

People act, like what they are. They act out, what they truly believe, not not just when others are watching!

To those reading this, ask yourself: "Am I really saved, do I act like a child of God? Do I pretend? I might be able to fool others, but can I fool God?"

How you answer those questions, should indicate to you, whether you need to confess, repent, and follow and love God with all of your heart. Be forgiven once, or not at all, those are the options, as I see them!

Ryan, you ask a lot of questions about sin. So many, that I am very concerned for you. Why so much focus on sin? Why not focus on God, the savior and live for Him, and learn from the Bible, what He has for you, and wants from you. Asking questions is fine, but at some point, you need to decide to get the answers from the source!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 4/29/2019 at 8:50 AM, Ryan2203 said:

On the one hand, there is no limit to how many times the Lord forgives; on the other hand, he expects us to learn from our mistakes, so if we keep making the same mistakes over and over, it might take him longer and longer to forgive us.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 11:50 AM, Ryan2203 said:

If you think about it all your sins past, present and future were in the future when Jesus went to the cross to pay for them.  So, our forgiveness was complete then and we don't have to now worry about walking in condemnation Romans 8:1.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 4/29/2019 at 11:50 AM, Ryan2203 said:

Every time--on the Cross. Jesus's cross paid it all.

Are you struggling with forgiveness for something? Have you sincerely trusted Jesus for salvation?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

There is always forgiveness. But the question is do we take responsibility for the forgiveness that is given to us? What i see that is wrong is that we always think that in every bad action that we do is that there is always forgiveness. If you do a certain action repeatedly then always ask for forgiveness, then the problem is within yourself. Make sometime for yourself and internalize all your doings and pray and talk to God. Or you should go to church and ask for advise and direction. Many can help you to lead in the right way. Godbless

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Thank you for your Answers. God bless