Game of Thrones

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,810
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

It's apparent that I do not belong on this this forum.  And I am crying as I type this.  I'm still in disbelief over this thread.

Good day and God bless.  I won't be back.

jayne

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

5 minutes ago, Jayne said:

It's apparent that I do not belong on this this forum.  And I am crying as I type this.  I'm still in disbelief over this thread.

jayne

Now Jayne, don't bail on us now... There are a good many here that do not approve of Game of Thrones. Myself included. It is or was a program that like most soap operas, are and can be addictive. I did like movies like, Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, etc. Others like the Harry Potter sequels, well, a little too dark and witchy for me personally. Anyway, all that aside, you're loved and needed here at Worthy, so not so fast on taking off. Hope this message gets to you somehow. God bless. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

God is with us at all times. Right next to us. 

1. Can we watch this show knowing God is right by us and know that He is accepting of our activity?

2. What is my motive of watching this television show? 1 Corinthians 10:31

3. Does this show have content I can watch with a pure mind? Psalm 101:3

4. Is there better use of my time as a Christian rather than watch this show?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

23 hours ago, Tzephanyahu said:

You're right, Behold, I forgive you :) 

Now let me show you something interesting.    AS you know, i write a lot about the Blood of Jesus and the Grace of God.  OSAS.   And there are Legalist that would falsely accuse me of "preaching cheap grace, and a license to sin" on this forum.....  Were you aware that this happens to me, nearly  every day im here?    So, let me show you something so that you and others here who have an issue with OSAS,  can understand OSAS properly.   

You have admitted that you watch a TV show, that is NC or "R" Rated, and its been on the Air for years.  So, in this show, according to you, for years, there is Nudity in it, ....Nudity.  So, if you've it only watched one Episode, or,  if you have watched every GOT episode for the last 7 years,  then you have seen a lot of Nudity, i would suspect, according to your description.   Now, here is what is interesting.   I would tell you that you are sinning, and continuing to do it, for as long as you have been watching GOT.   And i would tell you that you should never have started watching the program, because you should have REVIEWED it first to make certain it does not contain graphic sexual content that a Christian should never ever watch, as this is not what you do, if you want to please the Lord and life a life FOR God.  

That is what i would tell you, and just did, and i realize that you and others here, might not agree, but, that is what i Believe, and that is what OSAS teaches.

So, that is how OSAS, teaches, regarding how we as born again Christians should live our lives IN FRONT OF, God and Christ, as well as other Brethren.

WE are to live HOLY.......as much as we can.......always.

Now, if you think this is me giving you a "license to Sin" as a Legalist would falsely accuse OSAS of teaching, then you are wrong about this, also.

B

Edited by Behold
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,400
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Jayne said:

jayne

Please don't. In a community this size there are bound to be differences of opinion, some of them major. This is one of them. Believers are called on to edify each other, and from your posts that I've seen I feel that you aim for that. I mean no disrespect at anyone in this thread with this comparison, but can you imagine what our government would be like if every Christian stepped out of government because of worldly policies?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, Behold said:

Now, if you think this is me giving you a "license to Sin" as a Legalist would falsely accuse OSAS of teaching, then you are wrong about this, also.

Yawn...

Okay Behold, thanks for sharing! Wise as always!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

19 hours ago, Jayne said:

jayne

I don't understand why. All answers here align with the scriptures: "If something is not of faith TO YOUR CONSCIENCE, it's sin."

And "respect those with faith stronger (or weaker) than yourselves."

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,810
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

I'm sorry for acting in a dramatic fashion.  I still hold to what I believe about this - even more strongly than ever.

I'm just going to stay away from this topic - completely.  It makes me angry and weepy - two places I don't like to be.

My apologies again for hastily speaking about leaving.  I want to stay, but I just will not come back to this topic.

Peace to you.

jayne

Edited by Jayne
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

2 minutes ago, Jayne said:

My apologies again for hastily speaking about leaving.  I want to stay, but I just will not come back to this topic.

Not a problem, sister. Glad you're staying, and having said my say, I'm off this one as well. God bless!

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,017
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

On 5/1/2019 at 12:07 PM, Jayne said:

If you, for entertainment, can watch women get violently raped, watch fathers have sex with daughters, brothers have sex with sisters, watch men have sex with men, watch women have sex with women, and your conscience as a Christian is not seared and you claim to use this as a "witnessing tool" in talking to atheists, then something is dreadfully wrong.

Good storyline and characters?  That's like men saying they read Playboy for the articles.

I've read dozens of sites where Christians do nothing but exalt this show and in all of them and here, I see an attachment to the to content as something the likes I've never seen before.  It's frightening to me.

It's emotional and mental and deep.  And scores of Christians are saying....well, it doesn't affect me.  WHY NOT?!?!  Have you stopped to ask yourself that.

Why doesn't it affect you as a Christian?

That's what I don't understand.  

I have never seen the show.... always hear about it though.   However, after your above description of it, Jayne, I have no desire to watch it.