Game of Thrones

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

I checked out the series on audiobook from the libiary that you are referring to Game Of Thrones this book had sex scenes being narrated by the naraator that I had to turn it off,  it was preety sad :(  but I cannot judge you or your husband for watching the series that's between you & God,  but I have never watched the series on T.V. either but the sex scenes & the nudity sound preety bad, 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

Thanks to everyone for all of your points of view. I am really sorry if anyone got offended! 

As it happened, I did watch it and it didn't prick my conscience. I prepared myself and prayed for discernment beforehand and was vigilant throughout to see if my responses were unGodly.

The episode I watched was an hour long fight scene. Basically the good guys fighting the bad guys. The bad guys had so much more power behind them but the good guys fought on despite their terror. 

This actually tied in with my recent thoughts and fears about the Great Tribulation, and whethet I would be strong enough to withstand it without betraying Christ.

Afterwards I started thinking about beijg brave and putting aside fear for the greater good. Of course, we are not alone in these struggles, but I definitely came away feeling thoughtful about courage and facing your enemy even when it is frightening.

I never watch horror films, and can't bear to watch any kind of true crime documentary. I can't even watch Finding Nemo because of the theme of losing a child. I hate Pinocchio as there are horrible themes in it.

My conscience isn't pricked by watching GoT and I have prayed on it. I feel that there is a moral voice judging the 'bad' characters, which is evident in the consequences faced by characters. There are a lot of broken, flawed characters who turn to the 'good' side. There is a lot of remorse and repentence, and efforts to make things right. I acknowledge that Jesus isnt part of that narrative, but I also accept that Jesus isn't going to be in every tv programme I watch. I feel like it has brought me closer to God in light of how it made me ponder the theme of staying close to your principles no matter what. 

I am just going to accept that this is an issue between me and God and He will judge my heart accordingly.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, Thewhitedove said:

I am just going to accept that this is an issue between me and God and He will judge my heart accordingly.

Amen.  A good post.

In my opinion, the people who make a lot of fuss about GoT haven't seen it.  Just checking summaries or seeing key words will not convey the story.  Ah well, for some people it's an issue, for others it's not.  There's only 3 episodes to go anyway, then we can go back to watching some great Christian TV... Oh hang on, is that even a thing?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi all,

I see people think that it all depends on our conscience. But who has a perfect conscience. We have all come from the kingdom of darkness and our minds are being transformed bit by bit. So our conscience is NOT the final say BUT the word of God.

`And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, BUT RATHER EXPOSE THEM.` (Eph. 5: 11)

Jayne has exposed the revolting, wicked behaviour, the unfruitful works of darkness on the GOT, and we should all flee, for our conscience will get seared by watching it, dulled and not quickened to the Holy Spirit, but the spirit of the world.

Also there are other things for us to relate to unbelievers. (Poor excuse)

Marilyn.

• Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,146
  • Content Per Day:  1.06

On 5/5/2019 at 12:25 PM, Sonshine☀️ said:

I don’t understand it, either.  I’ve never heard such pitiful rationalizing of willful sin.

in the UK Derby Cathederal showed the wicker man in the Cathederal

https://www.churchtimes.co.uk/articles/2018/24-august/news/uk/cinema-buff-dean-feels-the-heat-at-derby-cathedral

they seem to be using just about anything to get more bums on seats

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

On a lighter note, did anyone see on the news how one scene had a Starbucks coffee cup in it?   :laugh:

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 4/30/2019 at 10:01 AM, Thewhitedove said:

This has probably been asked 1000 times, what what does everyone think about Christians watching GOT?

Myself and husband watched all of the seasons and just loved the rich plot and almost allegorical storylines. We have invested so much time and energy in this programme and now it is the final season where all of the storylines that we watched will all be tied together in a grand finale.

However, I only feel that I have been properly saved over the past month and am now conscious that many Christians refuse to watch it.

The nudity and sex scenes don't engage me in any way, and I turn away when they come on anyway.

There are other storylines which have adult themes, but I just see it as storytelling. Is this a case of 'to your own conscience be true' or is there a hard and fast rule about watching it?

Never watched it but i am not very into things like that from assumption.