Sign in to follow this  
Behold

Grace vs Legalism

The reality is........The Blood of Christ has already cleansed our Sin.....all of it.....>Tomorrow's included.
"Where SIN abounds...Grace moreso Abounds".... = means....when you sin, after you are saved, the Blood Atonement has already paid for that one ALSO.... It means that when you sin a year from now, on a Monday morning, just before you come here to argue about OSAS, and you sin....THE CROSS has already taken care of that one also.
Realize the revelation that something that happened 2000 years ago on a CROSS, is still your Salvation 20 yrs from NOW !

If a Legalist could actually comprehend that you can't out-sin the BLOOD of CHRIST, that this blood, has actively and permanently SOLVED your "sin" issue, then what a happy Christian they would be, as then they could actually Trust Christ, totally., and not just partly, and then they have to work the rest of their way into heaven.
This is why Jesus died for you. Its what He's doing on the Cross. He is Paying for (cleansing) our sin, from us, by dying FOR IT ALL.
Amazing how many people who claim to be Christians can't even begin to comprehend SALVATION.
Legalists don't understand that the CROSS is a completed work (Blood Atonement), so, they reach into the bible with eyes closed, and never care to learn or realize that not every verse is aimed at a born again believer.

Now, for those of you who have not been taught anything about your NT, or your bible in general..... Scriptures in the NT, and OT< are sometimes literal, sometimes symbolic, and sometimes allegorical....in meaning.
For example, "all who call on the name of Jesus, shall be SAVED"...is literal.
But, "take this cup, as its the blood of the New Covenant"...... this can't be LITERAL, as Jesus's blood is still in HIS BODY, when He's drinking the cup.

See it? ?

A legalist does not understand that "where there is no law, there is no transgression".....as "Christ has ABOLISHED THE LAW"..... is in the NT, reader.  Ephesians 2:15
A legalist, reads Romans 4:8, where they are told that God does not hold them accountable, for sin...(impute)....... and they just ignore this and run back to Hebrews, a book-letter not written to the CHURCH, but to UNSAVED JEWS...... and then they get lost in it.

And why LEGALIST,..... does God not hold you accountable, in Eternity, for your sin that you do tomorrow and next week?
A.)  Because God already held Jesus accountable on the CROSS for them ALL.
Understand? as this is so so important for you to understand.

A Legalist will take a verse out of Matthew, given before Jesus was on the Cross, that is not NT doctrine for the Blood Bought Redeemed Church, and use this verse out of context to prove to themselves they can "lose it".(Their Salvation)
A Legalist thinks they are in Christ, then fall out of Christ when they sin, and if they confess = do penance or whatever other deeds they can come up with, they get back INTO Christ.
However, Christ has contradicted you, as He said "I will never leave you or forsake you"...so, "Christ in you, the hope of Glory", is a fact, that you need to start believing.

A Legalist actually believes they are saved untill they sin, then confess, and are saved again, ... as if Salvation is a type of Yo-Yo, of sinning confessing, sinning confessing, sinning confessing.....up down, up down.,... kinda crazy, isn't it?
And all of this confusion and chaos is not only the misunderstanding the Blood Atonement, its also not giving FULL Credit DUE to the finished work of Jesus on the Cross.... and that is the REAL issue, for the Legalist.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

There is no mention of legalism in the Bible, so once again, there is no reason to care.  In addition, all sins are not automatically forgiven according to Hebrews 10:26

For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins.

OSAS is not true.

Speaking of confession, 1 John 1:9 says...

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteous.

That is where we get the idea we must confess our sins.  The Bible says forgiveness comes if we confess them.

• Loved it! 1

12 hours ago, Behold said:

A legalist does not understand that "where there is no law, there is no transgression".....as "Christ has ABOLISHED THE LAW"..... is in the NT, reader.  Ephesians 2:15
A legalist, reads Romans 4:8, where they are told that God does not hold them accountable, for sin...(impute)....... and they just ignore this and run back to Hebrews, a book-letter not written to the CHURCH, but to UNSAVED JEWS...... and then they get lost in it.

Interesting post, Behold. And I can relate to a lot of it. Yet a couple things are a bit amiss. One would be Christ's completion of the law, not abolishment of it. 

Matthew 5:17  Think not that I have to come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill. KJV

The other is the book of Hebrews. Of course it was meant for Jewish believers, 0therwise Paul would not have written it, nor were any of his letters aimed at unbelievers. 

Hebrews 3:1  Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus; KJV 

Hebrews 10:39  But we are not of them to draw back who draw back from perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul. KJV

• Thumbs Up 1

Usually, but certainly not always, people throw around the words legalism, legalists, legalistic, and that kind of lingo to basically say one thing: "I don't like your beliefs."

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

51 minutes ago, Brother Notlad said:

Usually, but certainly not always, people throw around the words legalism, legalists, legalistic, and that kind of lingo to basically say one thing: "I don't like your beliefs."

No, not really.  When I use the term legalistic, I am referring to a belief that if you don't do ABC, then you are not saved, as if the person making such a statement can know the hearts of anyone.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, OneLight said:

No, not really.  When I use the term legalistic, I am referring to a belief that if you don't do ABC, then you are not saved, as if the person making such a statement can know the hearts of anyone.

While a person cannot claim to know who is saved, we have scripture that says who is not saved.  One example is Galatians 5:19-21, where we are told that if you do certain things, you won't inherit the kingdom of God.  There are people that were once saved and living for God that will go back to their old lifestyle and do those things.  The OSAS crowd claims they remain secure and if you don't believe that, you are a legalist, but the Bible opposes them.  I agree with Brother Notlad.

3 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

While a person cannot claim to know who is saved, we have scripture that says who is not saved.  One example is Galatians 5:19-21, where we are told that if you do certain things, you won't inherit the kingdom of God.  There are people that were once saved and living for God that will go back to their old lifestyle and do those things.  The OSAS crowd claims they remain secure and if you don't believe that, you are a legalist, but the Bible opposes them.  I agree with Brother Notlad.

Are you saying that when a sinner turns to God and asks for, and receives forgiveness for their sins, but have not yet dealt with their flesh and addictions, that they are not really saved?  Does your theology have room for babies in Christ who continue to sin as they turn their lives over to the guidance of the Holy Spirit?  I can think of nobody who, once accepting Christ, became perfect and sinned no more.

• This is Worthy 1

1 minute ago, OneLight said:

Are you saying that when a sinner turns to God and asks for, and receives forgiveness for their sins, but have not yet dealt with their flesh and addictions, that they are not really saved?  Does your theology have room for babies in Christ who continue to sin as they turn their lives over to the guidance of the Holy Spirit?  I can think of nobody who, once accepting Christ, became perfect and sinned no more.

I am saying I believe what the Bible says.  Don't you?

• Oy Vey! 1

Yes, I do.  Would you mind answering my questions to clarify your stance?

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By CuriousWhiteTryinToDoRight
      I have this silly concern and constant worry about my decisions displeasing God. So many of my goals and things I want to do aren’t necessarily Christian based. I like doing things such as watching certain shows that have cussing and sexual content in them....but they are so entertaining....I’ve been told that even the little things I like to do, such as working out, is based on vanity. But I really just love working out because it makes me feel complete. I’m even a little afraid of getting in a relationship because of the fear of feeling something sinful such as lust or immoral thoughts. Back when I was younger, I didn’t mind these things much. But now, I’m at an age where I should know better. I don’t want to live this way anymore. I need to find an inner peace. God Bless.
    • By shadowkat
      My friends, I need your help. I'll do my best not to make this too long, although it is a bit of a story.
      Back in October, I saw a need in my church choir and reached out to a guy that was relatively new and was essentially getting shunned by most of the other men because he has tattoos and his ears are pierced. I actually feel really bad because I waited for a few months after I felt the initial tug and I wonder if I would be struggling so much if I hadn't. Anyway...we clicked almost immediately and soon we were talking practically every day. We are very similar and deal with a lot of the same struggles, such as depression. We've opened up to one another on a level that I've only ever replicated with my two best friends of 13+ years and we can talk for hours without it feeling like any time has passed. He has quickly become a close friend, one that I greatly cherish. 
      My issue is this: I have developed romantic feelings for him, feelings that I'm pretty sure he doesn't return. He is in a relationship at this point and it's a relationship he said he has prayed for, despite that this girl has caused him a lot of heartache. It's hard for me to watch since I don't feel she is good for him and obviously I feel that I am. It's also hard because he is one that will ghost out on the people around him when he gets wrapped up in his own affairs. He doesn't mean to, he just has had really bad examples of friendship and I'm the first one that actually fights to keep him grounded. 
      So how do I maintain this friendship in a Godly way without letting my own bias get in the way and how do I move on from my feelings? If you need me to answer any further questions that might help give better advice, please feel free to ask. I have probably forgotten something in my attempt to keep this short.
    • By RarexxRose
      Those still dealing with the pain of church hurt and healing and separation from those who have justified it with sayings like "eh they were learning"
    • By Behold
      With all the talk about OSAS and Legalism and Repenting and all this STUFF.........
      I thought it would be a good idea to show you an idea of how to think about salvation so that its really made to be understood ....as so very simple.
      Here we go..
      Adam had the righteousness of God.   He was made this way....(let us make man in our image....same as us, regarding spirituality)........Adam had God's Spirit in him.   He was "righteous"......exactly like God.
      When he disobeyed, ate the apple...... He lost his Righteousness...and he spiritually died.    ..He was no longer ONE with God, and had became "fallen"....or you could think of it as..,,,,, disconnected from God's Spirit and LIFE.
      Salvation is God reconnecting you to him, exactly as Adam was connected to God, before He fell.
      So, What had to happen so that WE who have this "adamic nature", this unrighteousness as our very spiritual SELVES........... what had to happen so that we could AGAIN be like the 1st Adam,=  "sinless", "righteous?
      What had to happen, so that we could be reestablished as the same RIGHTEOUS, as the original Adam?
      Well, Jesus, the 2nd Adam, had to come and die, and give us HIS Righteousness, so that we are reestablished like Adam was spiritually..... before Adam the 1st lost his righteousness.
      See it?
      So, Salvation, is God reestablishing us, as the same RIGHTEOUSNESS, as Adam had before he fell.    Its the same "one with God" in Spirit, that is our "born again" redemption.
      This is the effect of being BORN AGAIN......we are SPIRITUALLY remade the same as the 1st Adam before he fell, because the 2nd Adam, (Jesus), took our sin and died for it all, and gave us in place of our sin, ..his very righteousness.
      "the gift of Righteousness".   
      So, this recreates us...(born again) to be the same as Adam was, SPIRITUALLY, BEFORE HE FELL.
      This is what Salvation does for us.
      This is BORN AGAIN.<

blessings, 

<B><