IGNORED

Is it possible God gives some people very simple callings...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

Like just being a great mom or teacher.. Or just simply being saved? 

I always thought if you werent in stage preaching or evangelizing to hundreds then you weren't tapped into your calling... 

But i feel not everyone has a big calling.. 

What do you guys think

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

5 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

I always thought if you werent in stage preaching or evangelizing to hundreds then you weren't tapped into your calling... 

What do you guys think

We are ALL priests of God who believe in Christ Jesus (Revelation 1:6 / Revelation 5:10 / 1 Peter 2:3-9).

Not ALL are called to preach or shepherd congregations. There are many various ministries / missions.

This is under the heading of spiritual gifts but it applies to the various callings and ministries in the Body Christian:

1 Corinthians 12 (AV)
1 Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.
2 Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.
3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
14 For the body is not one member, but many.
15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?
20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.
21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:
23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.
24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked:
25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.
26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.
27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?
30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?
31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

What do you guys think

God has a plan for each and everyone of us. We need to pray to God to show us what He wants us to do for Him while we are on this earth. 

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

6 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

What do you guys think

"When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with the humble is wisdom."

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

5 hours ago, Willa said:

When I wanted to start Bible studies and be active in "ministry", the Lord told me to stay home and take care of my kids.  I don't regret that; my husband was saved and loved the Lord, both sons are saved and serving God, and of their children 5 of six are serving God.  This is so worth seeing.  Moreover, they have influenced so many lives.  Once son led his mother in law to the Lord on the front pew of the church.  He had also led his wife to the Lord.  His son has led his girl friend to the Lord.  It goes on and on.  The other son has people at work coming to him for prayer and Christian counseling.  He just has a regular job.

My "ministry" was to my home.  I still don't see myself in a ministry.  It is a matter of allowing Christ to live in me and praying for godly wisdom.  

How beautiful. Very wonderful.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,403
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

I agree with what others have said here. God gave us different personalities and talents. We're not all gifted speakers, but I will say don't be afraid to step out of your ministry comfort zone every now and then. Some very charismatic and eloquent people started off shy and introverted. When Moses heard God calling him to be a leader he protested and said he was "slow of tongue and speech". He ended up being a powerful and important leader because he obeyed and heeded the call.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,299
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

9 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

What do you guys think

May I suggest a bible study for you to do.

Read through the NT and note down all the people who are mentioned by name who simple 'helped'.

See if you can work out what there roles were?

or do a practicle examination of how your church operate.

Do you know who cleans it? Who does the day to day repairs?

Who opens it up on Sunday and prepares it for the service? Who tidies up and closes it up?

What would happen if these people didn't do what they do? How important are they.

Now read 1Cor 12:12-31

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/07/1982

On 5/1/2019 at 10:37 PM, Figure of eighty said:

What do you guys think

The life of a born again believer is filled w/ constant trials and sacrifice (Paul said, 'It is our path to suffer unto salvation,' and he also mentioned that we must partake of the sufferings of Christ so that we may partake of His resurrection [not verbatim], etc.), so there's no "easy" calling, in that sense, but in other ways of looking at it, callings can vary considerably.

But, any calling from God is incredibly important. Sometimes part of the test is maintaining faith when it doesn't appear that your efforts are making an impact in many people's lives. The enemy will always try to make you think that your efforts are in vain (along w/ a host of other lies). All callings are big.

If a person reaches one person (who might not've been been saved if it weren't for their efforts), that one person they led to Christ may become a stage preacher/author/praise singer/prophet/healer, or whatever, who leads to millions being saved.

I heard someone say that when the redeemed meet God, He'll show them the effects of every sacrifice they made in life, of every time they witnessed to someone, of every time they were observed by others courageously enduring tribulation, and so on, and that He'll show them the millions of positive effects and saved souls that all of those actions of theirs led to.

Please don't ever think your calling isn't vastly significant. God's plans are too big for us to fully understand, so we may not always see every aspect of our individual roles, but if we're called into God's service - in any capacity - then our actions take a part in shaping the world through those wonderful plans of God.

Edited by Co - heir in Christ
Typo