• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,644
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

I suppose there are cult Apostolics like there are cult Pentecostals 

which doesn't mean all Apostoliics or Pentecostals are cults.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Brother Notlad,

Those names sound quite a mouthful. When the different denominations started up over the centuries they actually stood for a truth that was being clarified by the Holy Spirit - eg Baptists, (baptism by immersion) Methodists, (holy living) Pentecostal, (Holy Spirit infilling) Apostolic, (5 fold ministries). However today we see that the Holy Spirit who is guiding the believers into all truth, is not bound by man`s names of organisations.

Thus titles have come and gone as being the only ones standing for a particular truth. Today each fellowship group is mainly directed as to what the CEO, (leader) decides. Many leaders desire for people to grow and mature, however the actual constraints of the organisation can be holding people back. I personally believe that it is mainly in the informal times that people get together and share that there is real `body ministry` each giving to the other of what the Holy Spirit has given them.

I seem to have gone on from your OP but thought it does need some explanation regarding `names.`

regards, Marilyn. 

Most self-identifying Apostolic Christians aren't affiliated with an organization as I mentioned above. Of course, movements such as the United Pentecostal Church, has significant membership, and therefore is often relied upon by theologians to judge we Apostolics.

We call ourselves Apostolic because we adhere to, teach, and therefore live the Apostles' doctrine as outlined in the New Testament. We believe is Acts 2:38 is the Plan of Salvation, and that a life of holiness is commanded by scripture, without which none of shall see the Lord.

Edited by Brother Notlad

14 hours ago, JohnD said:

Doesn't Apostolic tend to be unitarian / modalistic???

I'm genuinely asking.

The people who claimed to be Apostolic or part of the

charismatic apostolic denomination were not trinitarians.

As Apostolics, we believe in the Oneness of God as detailed by the Word. Those that self-proclaim to be Apostolic may or may not be affiliated with an established Apostolic-aimed denominational organization, but perhaps independent in practice.

14 hours ago, JohnD said:

Just found this:

Theology. The Apostolic Church views the Scriptures as the supreme authority and understands them to be the inerrant Word of God. ... Its theological beliefs are summarized in its confession of faith, known as the Tenets, which read as follows: The unity of the Godhead and the trinity of the Persons therein.

However, we don't believe the Godhead consists of a "trinity of persons". That's not Bible.

Edited by Brother Notlad

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  842
  • Content Per Day:  0.46

42 minutes ago, Brother Notlad said:

Most self-identifying Apostolic Christians aren't affiliated with an organization as I mentioned above. Of course, movements such as the United Pentecostal Church, has significant membership, and therefore is often relied upon by theologians to judge we Apostolics.

We call ourselves Apostolic because we adhere to, teach, and therefore live the Apostles' doctrine as outlined in the New Testament. We believe is Acts 2:38 is the Plan of Salvation, and that a life of holiness is commanded by scripture, without which none of shall see the Lord.

Are you UPC?

I have from my Mother's side, around 30 family members, who are UPC with 3 cousins ordained through the UPC as pastors/preachers.  I enjoy family gatherings and discussing their views.   But in all honesty, the way they encourage women to wear their hair in a bun, how they dress, how they act better, that is NOT SEPARATING themselves.   That is occult practice.

Where could Yeshua be found if He was not debating the Pharisees, teaching the multitudes or His Disciples?

He basically was found at the bars, on the street corner with the hookers, in the alleys with the drug users.   He went to where the problems were at, not wait for the problems to come to Him so He might fix them.   And it's not just the UPC that finds these practices to be the same as committing sins, but no one in their right mind, wants what they profess to have!!

I can be a hypocrite without my $2500 Italian 3 piece, silk ,dark navy blue pinstripe suit, decked with 24k tie bars and cufflinks and my 10k gold bracelets!!

Edited by childoftheking

26 minutes ago, Brother Notlad said:

However, we don't believe the Godhead consists of a "trinity of persons". That's not Bible.

The term "PERSONS" is indeed NOT FOUND in scripture.   The term Manifestations can be found all throughout the Canon!!  The Godhead still consists of the Father-Son-Holy Spirit.

1 hour ago, childoftheking said:

The term "PERSONS" is indeed NOT FOUND in scripture.   The term Manifestations can be found all throughout the Canon!!  The Godhead still consists of the Father-Son-Holy Spirit.

True, and all these three are one, and that one name is Jesus. That's why baptism in the New Testament was always performed in the name of Jesus Christ.

Edited by Brother Notlad

1 hour ago, childoftheking said:

Are you UPC?

I have from my Mother's side, around 30 family members, who are UPC with 3 cousins ordained through the UPC as pastors/preachers.  I enjoy family gatherings and discussing their views.   But in all honesty, the way they encourage women to wear their hair in a bun, how they dress, how they act better, that is NOT SEPARATING themselves.   That is occult practice.

Where could Yeshua be found if He was not debating the Pharisees, teaching the multitudes or His Disciples?

He basically was found at the bars, on the street corner with the hookers, in the alleys with the drug users.   He went to where the problems were at, not wait for the problems to come to Him so He might fix them.   And it's not just the UPC that finds these practices to be the same as committing sins, but no one in their right mind, wants what they profess to have!!

I can be a hypocrite without my $2500 Italian 3 piece, silk ,dark navy blue pinstripe suit, decked with 24k tie bars and cufflinks and my 10k gold bracelets!!

I am not UPC, personally. I have been to UPC churches, and I do know some that attend them.

Personally, I'm an independent Apostolic, as is my church and those we fellowship with.

37 minutes ago, Brother Notlad said:

True, and all these three are one, and that one name is Jesus. That's why baptism in the New Testament was always performed in the name of Jesus Christ.

Jesus, is a translated name that is factually wrong.   Yeshua is His actual Name.  And when you break the Name of Yeshua down, it means in the Hebrew (Yahweh's Salvation).  So that gives us Yahweh and Yeshua.   And we know that by the Name of Yeshua, or specifically, the Name of Yahweh's Salvation the Holy Spirit was sent to us when Yeshua ascended to Paradise.  So technically, the Name of Yeshua fulfills Matthew 28:19 (Father - Son -Holy Spirit).   And when the Apostles Baptized in the Name of Yeshua in the Book of Acts, they were fulfilling Matthew 28:19.

Edited by childoftheking

5 minutes ago, Brother Notlad said:

I am not UPC, personally. I have been to UPC churches, and I do know some that attend them.

Personally, I'm an independent Apostolic, as is my church and those we fellowship with.

I am kind of in the same boat as you.   I had a Grandfather many still today refer to him as prophet/bishop/great man of God/etc... but he and G.T. Haywood started the "Assemblies of the Lord Jesus Christ."   Later on, after my Grandfather became recognized as biblical scholar and teacher plus evangelist, he was awarded the position of Presbyter for the UPC even while being a founding member of the AOLJC.  So, due to that, I was knee deep in understanding these doctrines from a very young age.