Is this a sin?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Is believing in Dinosaurs and life on other planets a sin?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,299
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

How is believing in these things offencive to God?

Sin is not following the 10 commandments or as they were summed up, not loving God with all you are and not loving others as you love yourself.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

That's... Kind of a mixed bag; since the Bible makes no explicit mention of these things, it falls to opinion. I will offer mine here.

If one observes Genesis and believes that the Bible is God's perfect and irrefutable word, then dinosaurs did not exist. However, my only unbelief as far as evolution goes is the matter of creation. I believe God spoke, and so it came to be; not *pop* voila, the universe in all of it's complexity is a mere coincidence. Things change, and all living things on Earth have changed over time - thus, evolution is a thing, but it is not our reason for existence, our means of creation. To me, this evolutionary theory of creation and the missing details surrounding why these diverse and seemingly powerful creatures died, is a ploy by the enemy to confuse. God's word is truth, so I will go by Genesis.

A similar thing with life on other planets. I don't believe there is substantial evidence to support such a notion. Though, if life did exist out there, I don't think it will ever be known to us. I don't think it would be UFOs or skinny green men, but there might be microorganisms out there that serve whatever purpose they may. Little bacteria that float around Neptune and contribute to it's gases or something like that, you know, something rather dull by comparison.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,299
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

1 hour ago, dr3032 said:

If one observes Genesis and believes that the Bible is God's perfect and irrefutable word, then dinosaurs did not exist.

Realy, never heard of 'dragon'?  Before the term 'dinosaur' was coined and yes it is an invented word, the British Museum filed fosils as dragons bones.

The bible does mention Behemouth and Leviathan. Any idea what they are?

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

2 hours ago, Ryan2203 said:

No, not really. We do have evidence of fossilized creatures found  in portions, and many cases, fully skeletal formations. As for life on other planets, if it's UFOs you're pertaining to, it's merely a hypothesis based on countless sightings. Not a sin for having beliefs in either of these things. One can be proven, the other is speculation. God bless. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

9 hours ago, Ryan2203 said:

Dinosaurs were and are real.  No, there are no T Rex's walking around but crocodilians and sharks existed with dinosaurs and are still here in similar form.  Also the Coelacanth, thought to be extinct, is still here.

God made the dinosaurs in all their beautiful and creepy and mesmerizing and  frightening glory.  After the Flood, with severe climate change, they could no longer exist as well as huge mammals like the Wooly Mammoth and Saber-tooth Cat. 

Dinosaurs are provable and their remains are observable.  God created them on days five and six when he created the birds, sea creatures, and land animals.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, Ryan2203 said:

NO.

Rev. 12:12 12, Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, [plural], and ye that dwell in them [plural].

Job 40:15-24,

15, Behold now behemoth,1 which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox. 
    16, Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly. 
    17, He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together. 
    18, His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron. 
    19, He is the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach unto him. 
    20, Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play. 
    21, He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens. 
    22, The shady trees cover him with their shadow; the willows of the brook compass him about. 
    23, Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth. 
    24, He taketh it with his eyes: his nose pierceth through snares. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

14 hours ago, Ryan2203 said:

I don't think so.There is much debate on the existence of dinosaurs. If you interpret the Bible literally a young earth interpretation will be the result. The idea that man and dinosaurs coexisted can be accepted. The Bible is silent and does not discuss "dinosaurs".

We really don't know if there is life on other planets. I would not believe it until I had 100% authentic proof. God would still be the creator. It is not a sin the think there is life on other planets. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

In the Belgian Congo, about two-thirds the size of the US mainland, there are reports of Mokele-mbembe and the likes. Still extant. Plenty of evidence in spite of the Smithsonian confiscations. And the remains of 'gigantes' and huge forms of human-like life. See LA Marzulli's info in this regard.

As far as the ufo thing - well it is conjecture but there are many 'facts' that might point to angelic interference AKA, "as in the days of Noah". There are quite a few 'dark secrets' as well and are quite fearsome if you consider the ramifications. Check out Hitler's habitual delving into places where angels fear to tread...

The media goes into sensory-overload and speculation regarding this kind of thing. Picking the meat from the bones is tedious in this regard.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

25 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

As far as the ufo thing - well it is conjecture but there are many 'facts' that might point to angelic interference AKA, "as in the days of Noah".

Surprisingly, I've heard several theologian's comment on the aspect of UFOs being of satanic origin. Not especially my take on it, but it's out there on the board of thought. Suppose it could be true, if they do indeed exist. God bless. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles